Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:09 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Yes, Pakistan is part of Asia, so Pakistanis would be technically Asian. The issue is most people think of East Asians when they hear the descriptor of Asian, so the use of such a broad term is confusing to many and only serves to obscure the reality of the situation.

Descriptors should serve the purpose of informing. The broader and less specific the descriptor is, the less value it has. If I said that a girl was raped by two humans, then how valuable is that?
i hope all the british ppl have become wise to this fact. Interesting how willing the media there is willing to alienate all the rest of asia in order not to offend Pakistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 11:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I seriously LOL at some of you who sit around fantasizing about a world in which there are no Muslims.....

Well, a perfect world will never exist, of course.

We will just have to live with the fact that 1/4 of the world will remain unproductive, non-innovative and chained to superstition and backwards belief for the foreseeable future.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:23 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Well, a perfect world will never exist, of course.

We will just have to live with the fact that 1/4 of the world will remain unproductive, non-innovative and chained to superstition and backwards belief for the foreseeable future.

Do you tell your Muslim friends/neighbors/colleagues this is how you feel?

Old 10-18-2017, 11:31 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Is "Asian" the new Arab? Those men look very middle eastern to me
Read the thread. -_-

Old 10-18-2017, 11:34 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,734,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
They sure are reluctant to accurately describe these men. Asian? Really?

"The first is described as Asian in his early 20s, approximately 6ft and of slim build. The second is also described as Asian, aged in his early 20s, 5ft 6in to 5ft 7in with a large build and tight beard."

CCTV issued over separate attacks on Birmingham teenager - BBC News
It is British news. For Americans "Asian" mean east Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc), for the Brits, it usually means Indians or mid easterners.

A large built and tight beard doesn't sound like a Chinese or Japanese, does it. I won't have a tight beard even if I don't shave for 2 months.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:51 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Ah well. I guess you'll have to deal with your poutrage and offense in whatever way helps you get through the day.
Or we could go all "snowflake" like yourself and caterwaul endlessly over the supposed problem keeping you awake nights and hiding under your bed.

Strange, all of us old hippie cucks aren't obsessing over something on another continent while ignoring worse "statistical" crap on our own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies