Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 04:06 PM

17 posts, read 48,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The events in Charlottesville are not isolated. Nor is the hate exposed.

There are 917 active hate groups currently operating in the United States. With at least 95% being led by racist or anti-immigrant caucasians.

What can we do as a diverse populace to address this very serious problem?

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map
So, if were gonna have this discussion, I think it's fair to label Black Lives Matter as a hate group as well. At many of their marches, they advocate killing the police and outright killing white people, like this fine example of tolerance did:
Anti-Trump Protest In Seattle: 'We Need | The Daily Caller

Your argument is about hatred right? Where was the outrage from the left or the media when countless examples of hatred were on full display in many left wing marches?

I'm not here to defend white nationalists. From what I could tell, they were marching to protest the removal of a confederate statue and some unhinged nut drove his car into a crowd of anti-protesters.
So now, all of the media in the left is up in arms that we have some major hate problem in America and of course they utterly REFUSE to look at their own behavior and the behavior of the groups they support and turn a blind ear to when they utter their own hate filled bile.

If you want to really have this discussion, let's be intellectually honest and realize that hate and intolerance IS a problem in this country but it isn't on one side or the other, it's both! Let's realize that places like the Southern Poverty Law Center are not going be objective at all in identifying them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 04:07 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sure, it's a retarded list, and they refuse to publish the criteria.

They put groups on it simply because they disagree with their views.

They don't publish their criteria because they know it would be used on groups they agree with.
Exactly.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:09 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You made the claim. You back it up.
I'll pass. I'm not the one..

Old 08-13-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That wasn't the topic of YOUR thread. YOUR tooic was the rise in hate groups, which you based off the SPLC list.

Sorry, but that list is subjective and therefore not credible.

Just because I immediately debunked your OP, don't try to move the goal posts.
The thread is about the rise of hate and extremism. Your specific issue seems to be that you don't believe the groups the SPLC has on hate watch should be there and the info they use to add a group might be confidential and proprietary. You might not have the criteria but it doesn't change a thing... Whether you believe these groups should be classified as hate groups or not they are and a lack of criteria doesn't change a thing...

You either agree or disagree and move on...

Never let a conservative derail an important topic by leading you down the rabbit hole...

Old 08-13-2017, 04:21 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
No, but there's a good possibility some of the posters on CD might be part of these hate groups. Look how many people continually try and derail the thread while refusing to speak out against hate and extremism...
Says the guy who posted a blatant lie to further your agenda:

"There are 917 active hate groups currently operating in the United States. With at least 95% being led by racist or anti-immigrant caucasians."

Hate is a problem. Hate groups are a problem. Using lies to further an agenda is a problem.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
The thread is about the rise of hate and extremism. Your specific issue seems to be that you don't believe the groups the SPLC has on hate watch should be there and the info they use to add a group might be confidential and proprietary. You might not have the criteria but it doesn't change a thing... Whether you believe these groups should be classified as hate groups or not they are and a lack of criteria doesn't change a thing...

You either agree or disagree and move on...

Never let a conservative derail an important topic by leading you down the rabbit hole...

According to your link, the fastest growing segment of hate groups are black hate groups. You have deflected from that little stat the entire thread.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
According to your link, the fastest growing segment of hate groups are black hate groups. You have deflected from that little stat the entire thread.
Yes, there are black hate groups. They're on the list as well.. The vast majority of hate groups are white nationalist or anti-immigrant. Until another type of extremism surpasses white nationalism in America I'll direct my time and energy where it needs to be thank you...

Old 08-13-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Says the guy who posted a blatant lie to further your agenda:

"There are 917 active hate groups currently operating in the United States. With at least 95% being led by racist or anti-immigrant caucasians."

Hate is a problem. Hate groups are a problem. Using lies to further an agenda is a problem.
I addressed the percentage mistake and how I came to that percentage by mistake.. It's easier to call something a lie than it is to call it a mistake especially when you have a vested interest in fighting against those that oppose white racism and hate...

Old 08-13-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, there are black hate groups. They're on the list as well.. The vast majority of hate groups are white nationalist or anti-immigrant. Until another type of extremism surpasses white nationalism in America I'll direct my time and energy where it needs to be thank you...
Whites are the majority of Americans. Makes sense they would have the majority of hate groups.

I'll direct my energy on identifying root-causes and furthering education in hope we can one day live in a society free from hate and bigotry.

I believe in the constitution. I believe the Declaration of Independence contains some of the most important words ever written: all men are created equal and have a right to life, liberty, and happiness. I believe in all of it. What bothers me is extremists from either side who cherry pick the constitution. We are all equal. Men. Women. Gays. Whatever your color or whatever your sexuality, we are equal. You have value as a person to society. I have value.

Your value might be more than mine. Maybe you invent a cure for cancer and get rich. Maybe I invent something and get rich. Our financial value might differ, but our worth as Americans is identical. We have the same rights. We also have the same responsibilities.

Last edited by TrapperJohn; 08-13-2017 at 04:46 PM..

Old 08-13-2017, 04:38 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
I believe they started spiking after Obama was elected, presumably driven by racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies