Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 11:08 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,076,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Baloney yourself. That "research report" is nothing but a manifesto by an anti-immigration organization who border on white supremacy. The methodologies the used to generate those figures are a sham. Note that nowhere in the report will you see any mention of how much welfare dollars immigrants use, because they don't have that information. They basically pulled those percentages out of their butts. You can read about this so called, "Center for Immigration Studies (CIS)", here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center...ration_Studies

Here's what the Southern Poverty Law Center says about the founder of CIS:

FAIR, CIS and NumbersUSA are all part of a network of restrictionist organizations conceived and created by John Tanton, the “puppeteer” of the nativist movement and a man with deep racist roots. As the first article in this report shows, Tanton has for decades been at the heart of the white nationalist scene. He has met with leading white supremacists and associated closely with the leaders of a eugenicist foundation once described by a leading newspaper as a “neo-Nazi organization.” He has made a series of racist statements about Latinos and worried that they were outbreeding whites. At one point, he wrote candidly that to maintain American culture, “a European-American majority” is required.
Exactly, when you count free and reduced lunch as welfare you have no credibility.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:31 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Some of you need to get out of your hole in the wall backwoods towns and see how great and fun diversity is.

Stop watching foxnews on a loop that make you've believe the world is such a scary place and everyone is looking to kill precious white people

Old 08-21-2017, 11:40 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I can't imagine they could without a healthy dose of nationalism at the core of it all.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:07 AM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
Multi-ethnic isn't an issue. We are already multi-ethnic. Nearly each and every one of us is multi-ethnic.

Multi-cultural is the issue. Shared culture is our glue. It's how we are able to relate to each other as Americans.

Here's an example. I went to the park this week with a non white friend. I say non-white because this issue has become one we can't speak about because it makes us look racist. We took her 3 year old to play at the park. There were 3 large groups at the park. One playing soccer, one birthday party, and another party. Then there were maybe a dozen other people. We went to the playground and let the 3 year old play. All around him were children from the 2 groups nearest the playground. Nearly every child and adult at the playground besides us was speaking Spanish. The playground equiptment was pretty packed with kids and the 3 year old was not playing with any of the other kids there, as he wasn't able to speak with them.

I said nothing while at the playground. It was a new playground which we were checking out. Later I asked my friend if she liked that playground, and she said, "I don't know if it's racist, but I don't like when there are mostly Mexicans at playgrounds." I said, "It's not really racist, it's more about having to be an outsider at the playground and the 3 year old not being able to play with the other children." There were some issues that happen at most playgrounds, like children blocking parts of the equiptment. The 3 year old and mother couldn't ask the other children or parent to let them go by, so would have to just turn around and do something else. So no friends to make, no ability to communicate with those around you. Multi- culturalism kind of sucks for an American 3 year old just trying to play on a playground.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:42 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Some of you need to get out of your hole in the wall backwoods towns and see how great and fun diversity is.

Stop watching foxnews on a loop that make you've believe the world is such a scary place and everyone is looking to kill precious white people

And you need to stop stereotyping. I don't live in any backwoods town I live within a large metropolis out west not in the south. Diversity is fun? WTH does that mean? Assume much that people watch Fox News? Your remarks about white people shows your own racism!

Old 08-22-2017, 06:47 AM

330 posts, read 177,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
We are all familiar with the phrase "diversity is our strength." I would like to know what the historical basis for that is. Sure, US has always been "multi-cultural" but all of those cultures came from the same race/geographic area and were always forced to assimilate into one culture. Where did the idea that a society made up roughly equally of fiver different races would be better than a county of only one race?

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, just trying to learn. Thanks!
I don't think so.

Multi-cultural is the opposite of a "melting pot/E. Pluribus Unum". The key word there is Unum, i;e; 1 culture (made from bits and pieces of many, but melded into 1 culture). Multi-culturalism is noting but a bunch of people, vastly different from each other in all the important way, occupying the same, and competing for the same, turf. It has no option other than failure, but then, that is probably the intended result. Divide then conquer.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Baloney yourself. That "research report" is nothing but a manifesto by an anti-immigration organization who border on white supremacy. The methodologies the used to generate those figures are a sham. Note that nowhere in the report will you see any mention of how much welfare dollars immigrants use, because they don't have that information. They basically pulled those percentages out of their butts. You can read about this so called, "Center for Immigration Studies (CIS)", here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center...ration_Studies

Here's what the Southern Poverty Law Center says about the founder of CIS:

FAIR, CIS and NumbersUSA are all part of a network of restrictionist organizations conceived and created by John Tanton, the “puppeteer” of the nativist movement and a man with deep racist roots. As the first article in this report shows, Tanton has for decades been at the heart of the white nationalist scene. He has met with leading white supremacists and associated closely with the leaders of a eugenicist foundation once described by a leading newspaper as a “neo-Nazi organization.” He has made a series of racist statements about Latinos and worried that they were outbreeding whites. At one point, he wrote candidly that to maintain American culture, “a European-American majority” is required.

The SPLC organization is a biased leftist one that picks and chooses what groups they deem as being racist while leaving off their list others who truly are.

The organizations mentioned above are only for limited immigration that meets our needs and totally opposes illegal immigration. How can that be racist? As for all the statements you mentioned above they were nothing but lies and spin and who wants to be outbred in their own country by illegal aliens? What's wrong with retaining our identifying culture? Culture has nothing to do with race. Do you also oppose Mexico remaining Hispanic in culture, China remaining Asian in culture? Thought not! The hypocricy on the left is truly astounding.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:52 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't think so. America was succeeding best when it had the least diversity despite problems with having some diversity black and white. And for some reason in the mid 1960's maximizing diversity was decided as the answer.
I believe you are correct, but history during the pre-European days is sparse. Since the US was colonized, we've always been diverse.

Surely you know it pre-dates the 1960's. (Hell, even watching an episode or two of Kung-Fu with David Carradine would help you understand that....)

Old 08-22-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2 4 View Post
I don't think so.

Multi-cultural is the opposite of a "melting pot/E. Pluribus Unum". The key word there is Unum, i;e; 1 culture (made from bits and pieces of many, but melded into 1 culture). Multi-culturalism is noting but a bunch of people, vastly different from each other in all the important way, occupying the same, and competing for the same, turf. It has no option other than failure, but then, that is probably the intended result. Divide then conquer.

I couldn't agree more.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Misleading stats, it includes lunch assistance as welfare as well as Medicaid. Lunch assistance is literally given to everyone who identifies as lower middle class or under. So most immigrants who don't come with much money would be classified as lower middle class and receive "welfare". When I used to live in Northern Katy which is a middle class/ lower middle class area were house prices can range from around 180,000 to 500,000. I got free lunch, when both my parents got promoted in the space of 2 years and my dad got promoted again and we moved to the Southern part of Katy I got off free lunch back around 2010 or so. I know people who get free lunch right now and they can afford basically anything another average middle class kid can afford. Non of the people I know are on actual welfare.
Why shouldn't free lunches and Medicaid be counted as welfare? What else is it since they are funded by our taxes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies