Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 12:20 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,202,303 times

Advertisements

After Trump was elected many of us were worried because Obama was not doing much to stop the rioting and many of us felt that he would declare Marshall Law before Trump could be sworn in. Of course now the left is going bonkers because everything they have tried has backfired or made no progress. Of course they still back civil disobedience, riots, looting, and the destruction of public property. But now Trump will be the Commander and Chief if the riots get out of hand. It's interesting the way it all has worked out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 12:21 PM

29,611 posts, read 14,753,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Anyone that harms an animal should go to jail imo. And I'm not particularly on board with BLM here in Boston either. With that said, it has nothing to do with the fact that WNism is not about people thinking differently, but those with an agenda who are actively trying to harm entire populations. Given the current administration and the complete mess our country has become in 6 months, I'd say they are succeeding.
Shut off the TV, stay off of social media and go walk around your city, things aren't as bad as both sides make them out to be.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:22 PM

6,278 posts, read 3,437,802 times
Next it will be burning of books and forcing people who disagree with them to wear a star of something.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:26 PM

29,611 posts, read 14,753,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I have not read one post sympathetic to the KKK. Perhaps you have reading comprehension problems. This thread is about a stupid organization with a lot more power than these KKK people (Power of the media), who feel that violent suppression of free speech is okay. They aren't any better than these neo-nazi thugs, and in fact are worse because they are more influential.
Spot on. It is like they have a mental block or something. Don't agree with them, you become the enemy. No rational thought process at all.

Like a previous poster quoted:

We oppose draconian policies like Hitler and his fascist brown shirts that violently enforced his measures in mobs. So we will violently in large mobs silence any speech that we disagree with in the name of freedom and liberty and opposing things like Hitler's brown shirts. This is the only way to have "freedom," Orwell said so in 1984. If you criticize us, then you are with the Nazis. -Far Left

Old 08-19-2017, 12:27 PM

25,980 posts, read 18,965,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
You mean like killing that young woman last week? In touch with reality much? They will continue to harm as they have been doing through out human history. These people are in government. They drive policy and they actively promote harm towards others. That's their narrative. Always has been.

Run it's course when? Look who is president. It's not running its course. It's destroying our nation.

A WN killed that woman last week. She was killed because they wanted to subjugate her and eliminate minorities. That's why she is dead. You might not care, but plenty of people do. And they are now in my back yard. That needs to be snuffed.

If you attempt to subjugate me or my kids damn straight I'm violent. Scary violent. That's what these protests are all about. Pushing a narrative to harm women/girls and minorities.

With that said, I highly doubt you feel the same about Tamir Rice, et al and that your no justification for violence is about violence against white men.

You voted that they are good.

Are you a white male? If you are you have no idea what it's like to live in a world where you are considered inferior. The constant fight.

And lets be clear. It's the WN killing people. Where is the antifa running down some woman? Where are the angry feminists running down the WN?

Boston's free speech organizer, John Medlar, who is a 23 year old film student at Fitchberg state, originally had Augustus Invictus as a headliner/key speaker for today's event (he is a holocaust denier) and Gavin McInnes, an English lit major from some place far and long ago, who believes women should be subjugated. He is the leader of some western chauvinist organization and purports the intellectual inferiority of women.

That is what Boston's free speech protest is about, or was supposed to be about. When is enough, enough? Christ, I have girlfriends who are not only scientists with PhDs from Harvard and/or MIT, but a few who are also Jewish to boot. These are people who contribute to the human community in ways these men will never know. Yet, they are expected to respond to the charges that they are inferior because of their race and/or gender as pacifists because these privileged, racist, sexist, snowflakes have their right to express their desire to either subjugate them or eliminate them.

Is it any wonder why people respond to this with rage? If anything is natural that's it.
So we fight the demonization of others by demonizing. Does that about sum your post up?

I fail to see how such a big segment of our populace cannot see that the "evil" they are attempting to overcome is the same evil they are using to overcome it. You're changing the color of a red wall by painting over it with red paint. Does that make any logical sense to anyone possessing even a small percentage of a brain?

It's these damn cell phones. The radiation has gone to the younger generation's brains. (note: humor)

Old 08-19-2017, 12:31 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,474,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
A lot of people on this board seem to be defending Antifa. They seem to be saying that Antifa only responds, they don't initiate the violence. Yet, from what we have seen on TV in the past, they do initiate violence. In their own words, they do initiate violence. And it hasn't been only violence on these other groups. We saw in Berkeley at the Milo speech in February how they attacked innocent bystanders just walking down the street. People who were not even protesting.

Personally, I think that the neo Nazis and the KKK are subhuman scum, but so is Antifa. You will never see me defend neo Nazi or KKK violence, so why do people on the left feel they should defend Antifa?

Can't we all agree that violence is never the answer to speech?

Here is a video that CNN put out about Antifa....

Unmasking the leftist Antifa movement: Activists seek peace through violence - CNN
Most liberals don't defend violent leftist groups. No, violence is not the answer. I have nothing to do with Antifa and condemn them as a hateful group of people. But I have read thread after thread on here of conservatives tacitly defending white supremacists in Charlottesville and jumping to the conclusion that violence was only the product of counter-protesters. No one of you conservatives is quick to condemn the violence that has long been the heritage of KKK and neo-Nazis who marched in Charlottesville. And it invariably looks like you have more tacit sympathy with the protesters.

When pushed to the corner, you finally go to "it was both sises.". But when you show your true colors, it's all Antifa is the villain and white supremacists apparently not so much.

I honestly started here assuming that conservatives on this board were not tacit supporters of racism. Now after days of hearing them say they aren't but carefully watching where their biases go, I am much less certain of that. Hopefully.this space is not representative of American conservatives in general.

Last edited by ambient; 08-19-2017 at 12:46 PM..

Old 08-19-2017, 12:37 PM

24,449 posts, read 23,132,567 times
This has definitely went from much ado about nothing to a coordinated attack on Trump. But its still much ado about nothing, apart from the vandalism and made up claims of racism in an attempt to divide the people. Locally we've had marches promoting unity and calling for an end to racism. The thing is, there wasn't any of that to begin with and it seems to be one big showy waste of time. I'd like to get them to march to protest crime, drug abuse, violence, real issues.
I guess its easier to solve problems that aren't real, like the efforts done to stop global warming. Anyway, I'll sit this dog and pony show out until the BIG story drops, rumors are Debbie Wasserman Shultz is about ready to call it a career and retire to a country club... of sorts.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:45 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,474,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I have not read one post sympathetic to the KKK.
And I sure as hell have. I could send them direct to you; TOS prevent me from calling out individuals' posts.

When you step back and look at the macro trend, the fact that conservatives on here focus commendation on counter-protesters and not nearly the same level on the protesters - indeed tacitly making excuses or downplaying their role in violence and hate in America - is telling.

If you think white nationalist/ supremacy is waning in this country, you aren't paying attention. It is alive and thriving. Here's a hint: it has rebranded from groups like the KKK. Look to conservative heroes like Richard Spencer, who other conservative heroes like Steve Bannon has referred to as a "leading intellectual."

You talk about Antifa in cahoots with media. Racists like Richard Spencer also have a powerful media platform of their own through Breitbart, Infowars, and a slew of other right wing blogs. Don't pretend like it isn't happening.

Old 08-19-2017, 01:13 PM

20,803 posts, read 8,636,551 times
Default Antifa members protesting, demanding Soros pay them

Somebody in one of the dozens of Soros terrorist organizations is asleep at the wheel. Oops! Not a good idea to stiff criminals and ex-cons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IovWPu2w44

Old 08-19-2017, 01:17 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,492,592 times
They were trolling the right. You fell for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies