Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 10:18 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Then crime in your local school must be high as hell with all the football team antics, and all the unwanted hugging that some friends do. I am guessing Times Square must be the worst place in the world as it is literally a cesspool of people constantly battering each other.
I don't live in the US and high schools here do not have football teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 10:19 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Unwanted hugging?

What the hell is that?
That is actually something people consider "battery" today lol.

I've been in schools where they lecture kids about not hugging or touching their friends. My daughter's best friend got in trouble for giving my daughter a hug at school.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:19 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
See above.

They were not harmed. Knocking a hat off is not harmful touching.
It is. It is aggressive and an invitation to start something. Actually it IS starting something.

Maybe grab a woman's hijab off? Would that be harmless too?

Old 08-22-2017, 10:20 AM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Spoken like a true Stalinist. Those fine young women should sue that school for $50 million dollars because they did not provide a safe space for these girls, nor were able to control the animalistic behavior of their students.
When did animals start saying "**** You" and "You should Know better".

Taking a page from No_Recess's book "Are you saying all black college students are animalistic?"

Old 08-22-2017, 10:23 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It is. It is aggressive and an invitation to start something. Actually it IS starting something.

Maybe grab a woman's hijab off? Would that be harmless too?
Yes it is harmless too if no harm was made to the woman.

But in regards to the bold - I find it odd that you all overlook the fact that that is what the girls were doing. They were using their attire to "start something." If I wanted to be overly "deep" with my line of thought, I could easily construe them walking into the space with such attire as an "act of aggression or violence." But I'm not going to do that.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:23 AM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Unwanted hugging?

What the hell is that?
Well maybe it didn't happened during your time back in 300 B.C
But nowadays kids like to harass their friends in public by jumping on them and putting their hands all over their body in public just too make it known that they are best friends. The other friend most of the time don't want to be hugged or touched like that and is usually either trying to get them off or awkwardly standing there.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:24 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,790 times
Quote:
So you think she was a victim of battery cause her hat was knocked off her head?
Yes.

That is a textbook battery.

Quote:
Again, this sort of things happens all the time.
Yes. Battery occurs often.

Quote:
If we are going to go around pressing charges for this, then everyone will be in jail. I've had hats knocked off my head. When I was a girl, I had guys snap my bra strap.
Guys should not be snapping bra straps. That is a battery.

Quote:
Point is that many of the posters are acting like some violent negros went off on these girls at HU and attacked them violently.
You are wrong.

My point is that the HU students were wrong to batter the high school girls.

Battery is never an appropriate reaction to mere words that you find offensive.

Quote:
They were not violently attacked.
They were likely assaulted. One was battered. One had theft committed against her.

Is that not enough?

Quote:
...if a same thing happened to a black student at a majority white college, they wouldn't consider it assault and battery and would tell them to get over it.
I would definitely consider it assault and battery and I would likely counsel the black student to press criminal charges.

People need to learn to respect others' personal safe spaces and property.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:24 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
When did animals start saying "**** You" and "You should Know better".

Taking a page from No_Recess's book "Are you saying all black college students are animalistic?
I will proudly call any and all people who violate the non-aggression principle animals.

* knocking a hat off someone's head is a violation = that specific person is an animal

* theft of private property (physically taking the hat) is a violation = that specific person is an animal

Agree or disagree with my stance?

Old 08-22-2017, 10:25 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
So you think she was a victim of battery cause her hat was knocked off her head?

Again, this sort of things happens all the time. If we are going to go around pressing charges for this, then everyone will be in jail. I've had hats knocked off my head. When I was a girl, I had guys snap my bra strap.

Point is that many of the posters are acting like some violent negros went off on these girls at HU and attacked them violently. They were not violently attacked. And I think you can agree and even I would agree if a same thing happened to a black student at a majority white college, they wouldn't consider it assault and battery and would tell them to get over it.
Okay, I've been called the N word to my face. A few times in my life.

Did I resort to pushing them or punching them in the face?

No, I laughed, gave them the finger, and moved it along.

But these are 20 year old college kids at one of the most prestige schools in the nation doing this to 16 year old little girls. THEY should know better than that and have a higher sense of class and dignity than that. I don't agree with them taking off the hats and physically touching them because they don't like the hats. Those are Howard students, one of the most prestige HCBU's in the country, I expect them to act like seasoned future professionals. If they were at a corporate job and they did that to someone wearing a a mere MAGA, you bet your ass they'd be fired in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter if it's violent, when you put your hand on another person, you automatically lose the argument, period.

These girls weren't there calling them N words. Or wearing a "WE LOVE THE KKK" shirt. They were wearing a hat that, as a DC resident, is VERY common to see everywhere here on a daily basis here, despite what the media tells you. I see it worn daily on the Metro, and nobody cares.

These HU students should have handled this the same way. And HU should not have issued that stupid tweet.

If you empower this kind of behavior, all you do is give moron groups like Antifa more ammo for their cause. You cannot be physical with someone you disagree with, period.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:26 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
See above.

They were not harmed. Knocking a hat off is not harmful touching.
(battery is the intentional offensive or harmful touching of another person without the person's consent).

you continue to evade the criteria that doesn't fit your argument.

Quote:
I've had hats knocked off my head many times. I played baseball and softball and we did it jokingly and I had opposing teammates knock a hat off my head when we won. I've had winter hats pulled off my head by "bullies." I wouldn't consider any of those incidents to be battery.

I've knocked hats off of other people's heads before too when I was a kid. I tipped off the bib of the hat. You don't have to touch the person to do that.... You can pull a winter hat off someone's head without actually touching them too. You all act like you never were teenagers.

Do you think you are a victim of a crime or some sort of violence if someone knocks a hat off your head?
knocked off? you try so hard to make it sound like an accident.

it was stolen

Quote:
Vandee said that when she and Sara walked into the cafeteria, “a man said ‘F*ck y’all’ to me.” And while waiting in line, Vandee said someone came by and stole her friend’s hat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies