Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 12:07 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Yes. I always tell white people especially the racist ones around here that white people are very diverse.
Exactly and that's why white Americans don't need anymore diversity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 12:07 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They should have realized where they were going the students wouldn't have the mental discipline to handle seeing people that disagree with them.
Sort of like Trump rallies,then.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:08 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I do have to wonder...if a group of black teens wore "Black Lives Matter" hats into a predominately white institution and college students took them from them, taunted them and insulted them....would so many of the defenders of the Howard students come to their defense?

Not that that's a great comparison. After all, BLM is a racist hate group much like the KKK, while MAGA is a concept every American should reasonably be able to embrace.
If that was the case, there would be 24/7 news coverage how those black teens were victims of racism and round the clock protests and allegations of that school being a front for the KKK, Neo-Nazis, etc.

Yep, Make America Great Again is a concept every American should embrace. What's wrong with Americans wanting to make America great?

Old 08-22-2017, 12:09 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
If that was the case, there would be 24/7 news coverage how those black teens were victims of racism and round the clock protests and allegations of that school being a front for the KKK, Neo-Nazis, etc.

Yep, Make America Great Again is a concept every American should embrace. What's wrong with Americans wanting to make America great?
Sadly I agree.

Black people have become nothing more than a tool to promote an agenda these days. That's the most troubling and saddest part of all of this.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
So why were they there?
They were two schools from out of state taking a tour of DC capitol, and the guides stopped at Howard U?

Old 08-22-2017, 12:13 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Exactly and that's why white Americans don't need anymore diversity.
White Americans don't need any more diversity or America the country doesn't need any more diversity?

It sounds from your posts that you are against any non white people coming to America because it personally offends you. You're just going to have to stay personally offend since your numbers (the white population) are shrinking.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:17 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
They were two schools from out of state taking a tour of DC capitol, and the guides stopped at Howard U?

Yeah, it seems odd. While Howard U. is a historically black college, they do have about a 1% white student body. Maybe they thought they'd like to attend...

Old 08-22-2017, 12:23 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
You did read the part where it was an entire Tour group of two schools,and they were there with them led by the tour group. I have been to Washington DC once in my life and I have never heard of this Black only school. You have espoused that people should learn more about black history......So is this the welcome someone would receive at any all black institution........hypocrisy?

On the idea of a tour, I don't believe their story. If you are on a tour and it stops at a certain place, doesn't the tour guide usually tell you where you are at....?

Tours entail learning a little at every stop. So when they stopped at HU if they really were on a tour, the guide would have said something about it being an HBCU.

The tour you took of DC, if they stopped at an institution of historical significance or a specific college, didn't they give you a quick summary of that institution or mention someone famous who went there?

That is how tours work and that is why I don't believe their account. I think if they were on a tour, it was probably with a group that sought to cause a scene on campus. When kids go on a tour anywhere there is usually a dress code. My nephew I mentioned, he has gone on a few tours and recently returned from an academic camp. All of their material on "what to wear/attire" state that students aren't allowed to wear political or inappropriate clothes or have messages on them. I mentioned today that people are "soft." They are like this because they don't want to be sued. The girls stated their tour was in association with the federally funded "Talent Search" program unless there is another program called Talent Search that I am not aware of. Those tours have similar instructions about a dress code.

I cannot imagine any chaperones for a DC tour taking kids to any college and letting them wear anything that could be construed to be political or inappropriate messages on their shirts/hats. So it is a fishy story to me.

In regards to learning about black history, the tour should have taught them black history. I can recommend a black history tour in DC that is pretty good if people are interested. Most general tours there that include places of significance for black Americans, do mention some aspect of black history.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Yeah, it seems odd. While Howard U. is a historically black college, they do have about a 1% white student body. Maybe they thought they'd like to attend...
I don't know what your non-point is, but the two girls were a part of the schools sponsored tour of DC. You make it sound like the 2 girls told the tour to stop at Howard, which they already said they had no previous knowledge of being 16-year olds from out of the area, for lunch. What a nutty conspiracy theory that still wouldn't justify what Howard and its students did to the girls.

No matter what blacks do it's a white person or people's fault. Whites are the ultimate scapegoat.

edit: I think I see what happened, I was answering a post, and you took my reply to mean stopping at Howard was dubious. No, and I doubt all the students were white.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If they are walking around naked then yeah, I might lay a little blame their way.But a better analogy is to poke the bear over and over and it is not in a cage, yes I blame the person for getting mauled and eaten, they asked for it otherwise they would not poke the bear to see its reaction.
Nice try, Skippy, maybe you should try a more original tactic, that trick got old long ago.
Is this your final answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies