Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 01:05 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes basically the narrative is all conservatives are nefarious if not white supremacist or worse. I don't care if the girls did wear MAGA intentionally because it's a black college. It ridiculous for anyone to suggest you can't and shouldn't wear it around blacks regardless of what your motivation is or isn't, lest there be upheaval and violence.

Funny thing is, Trump hasn't even done nor said a damned thing against black people! .... except INCREASE FUNDING to HBCUs like Howard! Remember the infamous Megan Kelly photo?

"White supremacy" is the natural progression of racist--->white privilege--->white supremacy narratives. The next step, that we're seeing now, is "Nazi".... I don't know what is after that. Used to be making comparisons to Hitler and Nazis had your argument disqualified under Godwin's Law....but not so anymore. Now anything and anybody to the right of Pol Pot is a racist white supremacist Nazi and/or sympathizer.

Maybe the unhinged left will resurrect the black power rhetoric of fighting white people because they're demons and sub-humans created by the devil in a laboratory to destroy the flourishing and technologically advanced kingdoms of sub-Saharan Africa who had to teach Europeans how to use soap.

If "white supremacy" were a thing that minorities actually had to fear, someone should explain why minorities in majority-white countries are treated better than minorities in places where "people of color" are the majority.

My new rule for dealing with POC: You don't get to ask me to self-reflect on **** unless places where people who look like you are the majority treat minorities in their midst better than "white people" do in "white" countries. You get treated the same by me no matter what your inherent, immutable characteristics are, and that's it. That's what we all strive for, and that's what I will work towards. Any of the other "critical race theory," post-modern racial bull****? Keep it to yourself or sell it to the self-hating white liberal idiots who are ashamed of themselves. They consume it like it's crack.

Last edited by TriMT7; 08-22-2017 at 01:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 01:08 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm not too concerned on whether they knew or not. At first I leaned toward them knowing but I'm not sure.

A person was the victim of assault and theft. That is indefensible (well, except by some folks on here).
Even worse in my view, their free political speech was stifled under the threat of violence and they were discriminated against.

Some question the motives of these two girls who support our President. I condemn the actions and motives of those who oppressed the girls.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Funny thing is, Trump hasn't even done nor said a damned thing against black people! .... except INCREASE FUNDING to HBCUs like Howard! Remember the infamous Megan Kelly photo?

"White supremacy" is the natural progression of racist--->white privilege--->white supremacy narratives. The next step, that we're seeing now, is "Nazi".... I don't know what is after that. Used to be making comparisons to Hitler and Nazis had your argument disqualified under Godwin's Law....but not so anymore. Now anything and anybody to the right of Pol Pot is a racist white supremacist Nazi and/or sympathizer.

Maybe the unhinged left will resurrect the black power rhetoric of fighting white people because they're demons and sub-humans created by the devil in a laboratory to destroy the flourishing and technologically advanced kingdoms of sub-Saharan Africa who had to teach Europeans how to use soap.

If "white supremacy" were a thing that minorities actually had to fear, someone should explain why minorities in majority-white countries are treated better than minorities in places where "people of color" are the majority.

My new rule for dealing with POC: You don't get to ask me to self-reflect on **** unless places where people who look like you are the majority treat minorities in their midst better than "white people" do in "white" countries. You get treated the same as me no matter what your inherent, immutable characteristics are, and that's it. As they say, "clean your own damn room first."
Yes that is my rule for the so-called "people of (royal) color" worldwide. You're not welcome and our suspect in America and the west until you show parity and reciprocity to whites or other minorities within the midst of your majority. They do not.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:31 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And the ones promoting it...

What really happened when two Trump supporters went to Howard University | Campus Beat News for College Students | USA TODAY College

Quote:
Howard University students have no time for white supremacists and neo-nazi sympathizers on our campus. Good riddance.
That's the tweet from the NAACP Howard U chapter to all of this.

Stunning. Absolutely stunning.
and there we have it.

all one need do to be a white supremacist neo-Nazi sympathizer, according to 'America's black Harvard', is wear a hat saying 'make America great again'

stunning indeed.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:34 PM

330 posts, read 177,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvertuccio View Post
No. BLM doesn't just go and march into random places for no reason. They march when injustice occurs. And they aren't a hate group and you're going to lose. Conservatives have never won a cultural war. Progress always happens.
BLM IS injustice. Vile, disgusting, racists injustice. Get over it.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:41 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
and there we have it.

all one need do to be a white supremacist neo-Nazi sympathizer, according to 'America's black Harvard', is wear a hat saying 'make America great again'

stunning indeed.
I would expect that statement by the NAACP to come from BLM but isn't the NAACP suppose to be "well-respected" and "mainstream"?

Apparently not.

Crickets from the mainstream media on the NAACP releasing that tweet.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Was it too confusing for you? Sorry, I know I should have added some pictures, maybe someone poking a bear in the wild, would that have helped? No, I doubt it. So why don't you grab you a big sign that says BLM Sucks and walk through a black neighborhood and see how that works out for ya? The girls got away with it, I doubt you will.

Well, everyone knows No_Recess hates people of color.

What's up with the 'back community will beat your ass if they don't like your political views' theme we're seeing in this thread?

Old 08-22-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, everyone knows No_Recess hates people of color.

What's up with the 'back community will beat your ass if they don't like your political views' theme we're seeing in this thread?
I wonder why?. It's a mystery isn't it ?

Old 08-22-2017, 01:51 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
According to a post on social media by one of the girls, they were in a group of two high schools - hers being Union City H.S. Isn't that in NJ?

She claims they put the attire on after buying them during their DC visit and didn't know the college they were going to was a black college.

I'm sure some will claim she's lying, in order to maintain the narrative that she had a nefarious motive, but if they would give the same benefit of the doubt to her that they want to be given to 16-year-olds doing far worse things, this wouldn't be an issue.

Girl speaks out about wearing MAGA hat and Trump shirt
yeah, we've already seen plenty of accusations of that.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:04 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the idea of a tour, I don't believe their story. If you are on a tour and it stops at a certain place, doesn't the tour guide usually tell you where you are at....?

Tours entail learning a little at every stop. So when they stopped at HU if they really were on a tour, the guide would have said something about it being an HBCU.

The tour you took of DC, if they stopped at an institution of historical significance or a specific college, didn't they give you a quick summary of that institution or mention someone famous who went there?

That is how tours work and that is why I don't believe their account. I think if they were on a tour, it was probably with a group that sought to cause a scene on campus. When kids go on a tour anywhere there is usually a dress code. My nephew I mentioned, he has gone on a few tours and recently returned from an academic camp. All of their material on "what to wear/attire" state that students aren't allowed to wear political or inappropriate clothes or have messages on them. I mentioned today that people are "soft." They are like this because they don't want to be sued. The girls stated their tour was in association with the federally funded "Talent Search" program unless there is another program called Talent Search that I am not aware of. Those tours have similar instructions about a dress code.

I cannot imagine any chaperones for a DC tour taking kids to any college and letting them wear anything that could be construed to be political or inappropriate messages on their shirts/hats. So it is a fishy story to me.

In regards to learning about black history, the tour should have taught them black history. I can recommend a black history tour in DC that is pretty good if people are interested. Most general tours there that include places of significance for black Americans, do mention some aspect of black history.

I did not pay for a "tour" of DC. I rode my Harley there to take part in "rolling Thunder
' and to pay my respects at the war memorials and Arlington National Cemetary............Also walked by the White house and visited the Smithsonian............Library of Congress was closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies