Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 12:28 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the idea of a tour, I don't believe their story. If you are on a tour and it stops at a certain place, doesn't the tour guide usually tell you where you are at....?

What does it matter? It's ridiculous to say white people can't even wear MAGA items at Howard or around black people less there be disorder and violence break out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 12:30 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Sadly I agree.

Black people have become nothing more than a tool to promote an agenda these days. That's the most troubling and saddest part of all of this.
And the ones promoting it...

Quote:
Howard University students have no time for white supremacists and neo-nazi sympathizers on our campus. Good riddance.
What really happened when two Trump supporters went to Howard University | Campus Beat News for College Students | USA TODAY College

That's the tweet from the NAACP Howard U chapter to all of this.

Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:35 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
To a lot of people, it represents racism. WHY would you wear that to a Black College campus?
Why?

Be specific please as to why it would represent racism to black people.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:45 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
When kids go on a tour anywhere there is usually a dress code. My nephew I mentioned, he has gone on a few tours and recently returned from an academic camp. All of their material on "what to wear/attire" state that students aren't allowed to wear political or inappropriate clothes or have messages on them.
I agree with you. Their story is suspect.

It's not only youngsters that have dress code restrictions; my friends just came back from a cruise and one of their stops was Moscow. My friend was going to be a smartass and wear his MAGA hat at the Kremlin, and he was not allowed to disembark with the hat on.

Be classy, people. It's not that hard.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
According to a post on social media by one of the girls, they were in a group of two high schools - hers being Union City H.S. Isn't that in NJ?

She claims they put the attire on after buying them during their DC visit and didn't know the college they were going to was a black college.

I'm sure some will claim she's lying, in order to maintain the narrative that she had a nefarious motive, but if they would give the same benefit of the doubt to her that they want to be given to 16-year-olds doing far worse things, this wouldn't be an issue.

Girl speaks out about wearing MAGA hat and Trump shirt

Old 08-22-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I agree with you. Their story is suspect.

It's not only youngsters that have dress code restrictions; my friends just came back from a cruise and one of their stops was Moscow. My friend was going to be a smartass and wear his MAGA hat at the Kremlin, and he was not allowed to disembark with the hat on.

Be classy, people. It's not that hard.
Uh Washington DC and Howard are not the Russian Kremlin, our president is Trump and we supposedly have free speech.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:53 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
According to a post on social media by one of the girls, they were in a group of two high schools - hers being Union City H.S. Isn't that in NJ?

She claims they put the attire on after buying them during their DC visit and didn't know the college they were going to was a black college.

I'm sure some will claim she's lying, in order to maintain the narrative that she had a nefarious motive, but if they would give the same benefit of the doubt to her that they want to be given to 16-year-olds doing far worse things, this wouldn't be an issue.

I'm not too concerned on whether they knew or not. At first I leaned toward them knowing but I'm not sure.

A person was the victim of assault and theft. That is indefensible (well, except by some folks on here).

Old 08-22-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

Yes basically the narrative is all conservatives are nefarious if not white supremacist or worse. I don't care if the girls did wear MAGA intentionally because it's a black college. It ridiculous for anyone to suggest you can't and shouldn't wear it around blacks regardless of what your motivation is or isn't, lest there be upheaval and violence.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:01 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Is this your final answer?
Was it too confusing for you? Sorry, I know I should have added some pictures, maybe someone poking a bear in the wild, would that have helped? No, I doubt it. So why don't you grab you a big sign that says BLM Sucks and walk through a black neighborhood and see how that works out for ya? The girls got away with it, I doubt you will.

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 08-22-2017 at 01:17 PM..

Old 08-22-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Was it too confusing for you? Sorry, I know I should have added some pictures, maybe someone poking a bear in wild, would that have helped? No, I doubt it. So why don't you grab you a big sign that says BLM Sucks and walk through a black neighborhood and see how that works out for ya? The girls got away with it, I doubt you will.
Sounds like the violent Klan and Nazis live in black neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies