Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2017, 04:26 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Thanks, I'm blessed to have a wonderful career but it means that my schedule is super hectic and I travel a LOT with work sometimes away from home a month or more at a time so that's why I post so randomly.

I'm one person and I speak only from my perspective, possibly not shared by many on C-D judging by their posts, but I guarantee you there are many others who feel like I do in RL but we're too busy being a part of the solution and not the problem so we don't exist to the media since we're not helpless, not constantly making bad choices and ending up in the news or newspaper as a social pity case, not holding our breath waiting for Whites to stop being racist (some) or admit they're racist before we can start living our lives, and we're not in need of Whites coming to save us from ourselves.

Consequently, you don't hear much from voices like mine but they exist. I'd say we're the silent majority. We have careers, professions, or jobs and are busy living our lives with family, friends, work, church or other sources of community. Some write books saying what I'm saying and there are brothers and sisters on youtube speaking truth as well.

Like anything, the baby-mama baby-daddy lifestyle started with a few risk takers doing it and they seemed cool, made it look cool and appealing. Others jump on the bandwagon especially since the negative results of the lifestyle was unknown at the time although the Mohniyan report of the 60's predicted it. Soon, so many people were doing it to the point that it became he new "normal" and people no longer remembered when it wasn't "done this way".

By the time people realized the lifestyle was a sham and not working in their or their children's best interest, they were too far gone, too steeped in to get out so they stayed in and started defending it to the death (saving face). Argued that nothing was wrong with it meanwhile the behavior of the male children as they reached teen years became more and more angry, destructive, self-defeating, and toxic to the extent that going to jail became an expectation and male right-of-passage for many. Unfortunately, this backwards lifestyle and way of thinking has only gotten worse over the decades.

I would say the shift in values at the time was due to many things in no certain order necessarily starting in the 1970s onward:

- feminism and sexual freedom for women who were not longer holding themselves to a higher sexual standard than men anymore,

- a newfound cultural freedom post-Civil Rights era,

- delayed hippie culture which was picked up from the dominant White hippies culture of the 60's,

- an attempt by some to reconnect with Africa by adopting African values especially motherhood as soon as possible & polygamy but without being legally married. Win-win for the man.

- Taking pride in being a baby-maker, fathering many children as possible with as many women as poss.

- welfare & foodstamp programs that would only help the family if no father was in the home,

- Women looking at the role of a wife as being a ball and chain,

- Black exploitation movies which glorified the pimp/pimping/hustler/hustling/street-walkers; which led to men disrespecting & objectifying their own women which continues to this day

- Women losing respect for men

- Black culture on one hand celebrating the Black female body while on the other hand sexually objectifying it which made publicly disrespecting BW a community past=time among boys and men.

- Intergration which caused the dispersion of Black educated to move into White areas leaving the elderly behind as well as the Black uneducated or unmotivated to multiply and spread like a cancer unchecked as they begin to dominate

- Growing number of educated and/or successful BM (pro-athletes, etc) choosing to date and marry WW over BW and the psychological impact that had on girls growing up, women, and other males.

- Proliferation of the face of beauty being presented as women who were either non-Black or bi-racial over brown and darkskin women with west African features and the psychological implications of this.

-Lack of checks and balance in the neighborhoods so fools, criminals, drugged out, & the mentally ill were allowed to roam the community unobstructed,

- proliferation of public housing and low-income govt apts given and the more children you had as a single mom in particular, the higher number of bedrooms in apt you'd get.

- Proliferation of mama's-boys/ dependent men since no dad was around or had never been around,

- Prevailing sense of abandonment and rejection due to not having a father or never knowing one's father.

- Sense of shame from having different fathers, children by different men which was masked by defensiveness, anger, & an obsession with obtaining name brands items to cover a sense of worthlessness.

- Cultural breakaway from everything that was European or White-centered which produced the unintended consequence of devaluing EDUCATION.
Wow, that was quite comprehensive, and refreshingly honest.

Although you listed many causes, speaking from an Economics perspective, Thomas Sowell agrees with you and has said the same things.

Thomas Sowell Discusses Poverty and our 'Grievance Culture' - RealClearPolitics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 04:38 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:

- an attempt by some to reconnect with Africa by adopting African values especially motherhood as soon as possible & polygamy but without being legally married. Win-win for the man.
Most African - especially West African - nations have lower out-of-wedlock birthrates than black and white Americans and belief in polygamy varies based on religion/culture.

Which cultures were they following that practice having a child as soon as possible?

Sorry but that behavior had nothing to do with Africa.

Slackness just became popular...nothing more, nothing less.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:35 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Klassyhk, thank you much for your post. It was quite the eye-opener.

I agree with you that it's a small percentage of black people who get all the media attention while those who are busy working, going to their kids little league games and enjoying the community in which they live are being ignored. That seems to hold true for all groups, though (I'm thinking of Millennials now).

Very interesting and informative. I always look forward to reading your posts, and glad you at least find some time to pop in when you can.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:44 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Patrisse Cullors, co-founder of Black Lives Matter, gave an interview to Teen Vogue magazine. Excerpt from that interview...

Denial and delusion. And now they have 40 chapters across the globe.

It's going to get worse before it gets better folks.
There are many types of violence.

Can you deny that the rash of suicides and depression among white middle-age people....now dying earlier than before...is violence? Is the opiate epidemic an orgy of "self-harm violence"?

If we were in college and discussing statistics, we could break down the various TYPES of violence and come to certain conclusions. I am fairly certain that such a conclusion would show that poverty stricken areas with a high percentage of "people of color" would have more gun violence. This is simply because the guns are there along with the self-hate and unhappiness and fight for limited resources (we could discuss the reasons, but that is beyond this thread)...

I'm reading a book about when California became a state - the Wild West. Something like 1200 murders a year among a tiny population. Why? Well, because everyone carried a gun and a knife. Does that make white people inherently violent? Well, if you read about them you'd probably say so....

This thread is yet another "offer no solutions and complain about anything and everything" style of the current breed. Be scared. Be Fearful. Arm up. Hole up. Prep.

Don't ever think of getting out there and sweating and making things better. That would be hard.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:03 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Thanks, I'm blessed to have a wonderful career but it means that my schedule is super hectic and I travel a LOT with work sometimes away from home a month or more at a time so that's why I post so randomly.

I'm one person and I speak only from my perspective, possibly not shared by many on C-D judging by their posts, but I guarantee you there are many others who feel like I do in RL but we're too busy being a part of the solution and not the problem so we don't exist to the media since we're not helpless, not constantly making bad choices and ending up in the news or newspaper as a social pity case, not holding our breath waiting for Whites to stop being racist (some) or admit they're racist before we can start living our lives, and we're not in need of Whites coming to save us from ourselves.

Consequently, you don't hear much from voices like mine but they exist. I'd say we're the silent majority. We have careers, professions, or jobs and are busy living our lives with family, friends, work, church or other sources of community. Some write books saying what I'm saying and there are brothers and sisters on youtube speaking truth as well.

Like anything, the baby-mama baby-daddy lifestyle started with a few risk takers doing it and they seemed cool, made it look cool and appealing. Others jump on the bandwagon especially since the negative results of the lifestyle was unknown at the time although the Mohniyan report of the 60's predicted it. Soon, so many people were doing it to the point that it became he new "normal" and people no longer remembered when it wasn't "done this way".

By the time people realized the lifestyle was a sham and not working in their or their children's best interest, they were too far gone, too steeped in to get out so they stayed in and started defending it to the death (saving face). Argued that nothing was wrong with it meanwhile the behavior of the male children as they reached teen years became more and more angry, destructive, self-defeating, and toxic to the extent that going to jail became an expectation and male right-of-passage for many. Unfortunately, this backwards lifestyle and way of thinking has only gotten worse over the decades.

I would say the shift in values at the time was due to many things in no certain order necessarily starting in the 1970s onward:

- feminism and sexual freedom for women who were not longer holding themselves to a higher sexual standard than men anymore,

- a newfound cultural freedom post-Civil Rights era,

- delayed hippie culture which was picked up from the dominant White hippies culture of the 60's,

- Taking pride in being a baby-maker, fathering many children as possible with as many women as poss.

- welfare & foodstamp programs that would only help the family if no father was in the home,

- Women looking at the role of a wife as being a ball and chain,

- Black exploitation movies which glorified the pimp/pimping/hustler/hustling/street-walkers; which led to men disrespecting & objectifying their own women which continues to this day

- Women losing respect for men

- Black culture on one hand celebrating the Black female body while on the other hand sexually objectifying it which made publicly disrespecting BW a community past=time among boys and men.

- Intergration which caused the dispersion of Black educated to move into White areas leaving the elderly behind as well as the Black uneducated or unmotivated to multiply and spread like a cancer unchecked as they begin to dominate

- Growing number of educated and/or successful BM (pro-athletes, etc) choosing to date and marry WW over BW and the psychological impact that had on girls growing up, women, and other males.

- Proliferation of the face of beauty being presented as women who were either non-Black or bi-racial over brown and darkskin women with west African features and the psychological implications of this.

-Lack of checks and balance in the neighborhoods so fools, criminals, drugged out, & the mentally ill were allowed to roam the community unobstructed,

- proliferation of public housing and low-income govt apts given and the more children you had as a single mom in particular, the higher number of bedrooms in apt you'd get.

- Proliferation of mama's-boys/ dependent men since no dad was around or had never been around,

- Prevailing sense of abandonment and rejection due to not having a father or never knowing one's father.

- Sense of shame from having different fathers, children by different men which was masked by defensiveness, anger, & an obsession with obtaining name brands items to cover a sense of worthlessness.

- Cultural breakaway from everything that was European or White-centered which produced the unintended consequence of devaluing EDUCATION.

That's a whole lot of nonsense you just posted. Good job

Old 08-26-2017, 10:05 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No. It's not just the crime statistics. But poor people, black and Hispanic people are much quicker to throw adult tantrums that result in "peaceful protests" turning quickly into physical actions that result in riots of fisticuffs, rock throwing and damage to innocent people's cars and storefronts. It's not just a few criminals amongst them taking advantage of these situations and using them as cover for looting and pillaging. Basically, the poor feel that they have nothing, so it's okay to break someone else's possession. And it's why poor neighborhoods look so broken and rundown and with trash everywhere on the streets. They just don't care.

And it's why it's a bad idea to try to integrate poor families into richer ones with Section 8 programs. The chronically poor people's low values and morals just bring everyone around them down into the gutter with them.
what a load of complete crap. Especially the bolded. I should put the whole post in bold but, associating financial status with morals and values is really really showing how uneducated you are. Like comically uneducated. Rich=good. Poor=Bad. This is where you are. LMAO. And sadly at least one other person here agreed with you. It's a great glimpse into the mind of right-wing nuts and why you would defend the ultra-wealthy.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:11 AM

524 posts, read 252,288 times
What the chronically poor and govt. dependent tend to lack the most is a real sense of self esteem that only comes through personal achievements that are mutually exclusive from welfare statism.

Having been led along that self-empowerment is accomplished through nanny-state interventionism instead of trying hard to make something of yourself from personal achievement the dysfunctional collectively misled then takes on the "don't hate the player hate the game" philosophy which basically amounts to "It is what it is", both self defeating vicious circle cliches that remove the guilt and responsibility of the player and place it on the dysfunctional collective which created the subjects dysfunctional and self defeating mindset of complacency.

And then there it is a vicious circle of collective scapegoat dysfunction devoid of personal responsibility because that is how the "system" is.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:12 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Anyone else notice there are rarely threads started about pervasive problems in other "minority" neighborhoods. I mean, c'mon, no discussion about predominantly Hispanic, Middle Eastern, Russian, Jewish, or Asian communities? There is no perfect community, but it is obvious those other minority communities find a way to behave themselves. If they didn't, they would surely be a daily topic on CD.
Oh please. Anytime there is a post about white people you guys spin it back on BLM or bring up Obama or Al Sharpton

The obsession with Black folk on here is amazing. It's pretty much a social experiment on racism. Every day this place has the same people bashing Black folk over and over again. No Matter how many post you make about us we are gaining on you and it's scaring the crap out of you guys.

So please, keep spreading these false allegations while the majority of Black folk go to work and keep getting larger slices of this American pie.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:32 AM

524 posts, read 252,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Oh please. Anytime there is a post about white people you guys spin it back on BLM or bring up Obama or Al Sharpton

The obsession with Black folk on here is amazing. It's pretty much a social experiment on racism. Every day this place has the same people bashing Black folk over and over again. No Matter how many post you make about us we are gaining on you and it's scaring the crap out of you guys.

So please, keep spreading these false allegations while the majority of Black folk go to work and keep getting larger slices of this American pie.
Actually, America's obsession with black people is disturbing. For a population that is only 15-20% of the population why is there so much news media about them?

The leftist media is obviously perpetuating and manipulating racism for ratings the same way the NFL tries to sell patriotism for ratings. Both are shameless.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:36 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
That's a whole lot of nonsense you just posted. Good job
I wonder what specifically you disagreed with? I found the post to be incredibly insightful and thorough.

And a follow up question. Where did you obtain the information you are relying on to call her observations "nonsense"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies