Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2017, 09:15 AM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,782,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
In terms of overt violence (homicide, assaults) Black communities in the USA are much more violent than other places. But there are passive forms of violence that rich White people commit, like a rich factory owner pouring toxic pollutants in the air that will cause people nearby to get cancer and asthma. In both cases death and assault occur. Overt violence by the poor makes the news daily, passive violence by the rich rarely does.
:c rying:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 09:16 AM

6,476 posts, read 4,077,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Do the majority of blacks live in the ghetto? I don't think so. Therefore, the majority of black neighborhoods aren't violent.
Another thing to notice the majority of blacks, don't live in neighborhoods that are 90% their race. I don't know if its the majority in the rest of the nation but in the Southwest (California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and maybe Colorado) the majority of Whites don't even live in neighborhoods that are 80% their race let alone 90%. I hate the term black neighborhoods and personally beleive more American cities should be like Sacramento, Houston or London were their are very few neighborhoods that are 90% anything.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:17 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I will make one statement and drop it. That is what QE did. They even already "had it". No one is complaining about that.
I have CEASELESSLY complained about the $2 Trillion in QE given to Fannie and Freddie. They reaped the MOST in QE, by FAR.

You know that. You just don't like to admit the result: Tens of thousands of homeowners 5+ years behind in their mortgage payments are getting their homes for free:

Tens of Thousands Get Free Homes as 5 Year Foreclosure Statute of Limitations Clock Expires - NY Times

Old 08-25-2017, 09:18 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Oh just stop with your only defense is calling the harsh truths "fake". If you think that black communities are so safe to live in, then why doesn't anyone want to live there by choice? How about YOU move your precious family and possessions into a black majority neighborhood?

You left out "black", was that intentional or just a careless omission?

Yes, I work with many "good" black people from poor backgrounds at work, but their values and morals are messed up. One black co-worker screwed up a jury trial because he was the lone holdout in not voting guilty in a situation where a Vietnamese man was being tried for a DUI. My co-worker kept gleefully texting me during that day "if it's not murder, then no one is guilty" and "let the Chinaman go free!" The other eleven jurors were very frustrated with him. Then another co-worker who is a union shop steward only puts her energy into defending her black brothers and sisters. No matter how awful a black worker is, she always is on their side. When one black man made an older Hispanic woman cry, her reply was "anyone can cry". And when the (black) union treasurer was caught stealing from our funds, she told us, "but he's a very nice man". Then another black co-worker explained to me that when he has his white work shirt on, "he's all business", but when the shirt is off, he's all street ready and that no one better mess with him. Again, though, it's that black macho culture where they feel the need to be strong, so that no one can dominate them.

I have more stories about black co-workers, but it also validates what Trump said about the Charlottesville incident. There is good in everyone, and there can also be some darkers sides too. IMO someone can be a good person overall, but still not support gay marriage. Someone can be a good person despite preferring to live and work amongst people of their same race, culture and traditions.

If our planet can survive (and I doubt that), most likely in a thousand years, we will be a truly global and diverse society where the majority of people will share the same culture, morals and values. Right now though, IMO blacks from poor urban areas have a toxic culture that is holding them back from economic opportunities and integrating with the rest of society. It's really less about skin colour and all about culture clashes between poor urban folk and those who are higher up on the socio-economic scale.
oh lord.. Stop the presses everyone. MIU knows black people so she knows ALL Black people.

Who cares about the 12 white jurors who get a few white people off for murdering someone who was unarmed.

The black folk who made someone cry at work is proof all Black people are toxic.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sheer ignorance?

Who's using that excuse for burglary, which is the theft of others' property that they worked to earn the money to purchase? His family member.
The point is you can make your point without having to use racial epithets. It makes you look bad. Your making fun of people just for their accent, while trying to make a serious point. It would be the equivalent of me trying to talk about the problem of opiod abuse among white people and saying things like "cousin ****ers", and all sort of disparaging frazes to describe poor and rural folks. How can you take anyone seriously when every five seconds they throw in a racial jab.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:31 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
The point is you can make your point without having to use racial epithets.
How is using the dialect of the person who made the statement a racial epithet? It's not. It's deference to their particular speech pattern.

Or do you want me to "whitewash" (so to speak) what she said? If I do that, I'm a racist who doesn't respect her culture.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:34 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
it's hilarious how white folks ignore their own peoples violent crime to focus on Black crime
We don't ignore it; and we don't protect the criminals like the black community tends to.

The reason we focus on it, is because blacks are always in our face about oppression, when they are oppressing themselves with black-on-black crime.

How can you blame white people for you killing each other? We aren't holding the guns.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:39 AM

Tell me a single time a conservative, didn't use the word "dindu" to refer to black people in a negative light, and I'll give you $100 (figuratively of course). It is a racial epithet, that is only less offensive than other racial epithets because it's history is relatively recent. Literally if you look up "dindu nuffin" on YouTube you see alt-right people going on long diatribes about black people and BLM.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:43 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
oh lord.. Stop the presses everyone. MIU knows black people so she knows ALL Black people.

Who cares about the 12 white jurors who get a few white people off for murdering someone who was unarmed.

The black folk who made someone cry at work is proof all Black people are toxic.
City-Data was created to be a source of information for those planning to move to areas that they know nothing about. In browsing those sections, posters are trying to find affordable dwellings in a safe neighborhoods... and you know what? No one wants to live in any neighborhood with a significant black population. And apparently, coincidentally, those black neighborhoods are also the ones that have the highest crime rates.

Anyway, how about all of you politically correct people go off and live amongst the black community and have one big happy diverse lovefest.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:47 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Patrisse Cullors, co-founder of Black Lives Matter, gave an interview to Teen Vogue magazine. Excerpt from that interview...

And then there's this quote by Cullors:

Patrisse Cullors of Black Lives Matter Discusses the Movement | Teen Vogue

Denial and delusion. And now they have 40 chapters across the globe.

It's going to get worse before it gets better folks.
Anyone know what kind of neighborhood Patrisse lives in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies