Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2017, 08:58 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
"He didun do nuffin. He just tryin to git money for clothes for school."

Anyone see the problem?
Tell us what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgHDKKC_-ZE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I was waiting for one of these to show up. Instead of acknowledging that there is a problem, you try your hardest find other people doing bad things, as if that somehow erases all of the facts.
There are tons of problems. We want to blame poor blacks for most of them.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:00 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,466,576 times
In terms of overt violence (homicide, assaults) Black communities in the USA are much more violent than other places. But there are passive forms of violence that rich White people commit, like a rich factory owner pouring toxic pollutants in the air that will cause people nearby to get cancer and asthma. In both cases death and assault occur. Overt violence by the poor makes the news daily, passive violence by the rich rarely does.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:02 AM

88,990 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Y
I just saw that post stating:
Quote:
"He didun do nuffin. He just tryin to git money for clothes for school."
Siiiiigggghhhhhh..... WHY do some posters here think that makes anyone but them look bad? Sheer ignorance.
Sheer ignorance?

Who's using that excuse for burglary, which is the theft of others' property that they worked to earn the money to purchase? His family member.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:06 AM

88,990 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Tell us what it is.
Those who think they can steal what others have earned because they don't have it but think they should have it merely because they exist.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:06 AM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman Jason View Post
It depends on how you define 'more violent.'

Poor cities, no matter what color the people there are, supposedly have higher numbers of violent crimes than more affluent cities, but not a higher percentage of violent crimes than poor rural areas that generally have more white people. So I understand that point of view.

We discussed something similar in my sociology class way back in 1992. That's all I remember, but it made sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
In terms of overt violence (homicide, assaults) Black communities in the USA are much more violent than other places. But there are passive forms of violence that rich White people commit, like a rich factory owner pouring toxic pollutants in the air that will cause people nearby to get cancer and asthma. In both cases death and assault occur. Overt violence by the poor makes the news daily, passive violence by the rich rarely does.
I agree with you both.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Those who think they can steal what others have earned because they don't have it but think they should have it merely because they exist.
I will make one statement and drop it. That is what QE did. They even already "had it". No one is complaining about that. You also failed to point out the problem you noted above.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:10 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,019,347 times
Do the majority of blacks live in the ghetto? I don't think so. Therefore, the majority of black neighborhoods aren't violent.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:13 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoy View Post
May I please ask where did you find the above stats(FAKE).
Oh just stop with your only defense is calling the harsh truths "fake". If you think that black communities are so safe to live in, then why doesn't anyone want to live there by choice? How about YOU move your precious family and possessions into a black majority neighborhood?
Quote:
I know (black??) people who have less, good citizens they care about community.
You left out "black", was that intentional or just a careless omission?

Yes, I work with many "good" black people from poor backgrounds at work, but their values and morals are messed up. One black co-worker screwed up a jury trial because he was the lone holdout in not voting guilty in a situation where a Vietnamese man was being tried for a DUI. My co-worker kept gleefully texting me during that day "if it's not murder, then no one is guilty" and "let the Chinaman go free!" The other eleven jurors were very frustrated with him. Then another co-worker who is a union shop steward only puts her energy into defending her black brothers and sisters. No matter how awful a black worker is, she always is on their side. When one black man made an older Hispanic woman cry, her reply was "anyone can cry". And when the (black) union treasurer was caught stealing from our funds, she told us, "but he's a very nice man". Then another black co-worker explained to me that when he has his white work shirt on, "he's all business", but when the shirt is off, he's all street ready and that no one better mess with him. Again, though, it's that black macho culture where they feel the need to be strong, so that no one can dominate them.

I have more stories about black co-workers, but it also validates what Trump said about the Charlottesville incident. There is good in everyone, and there can also be some darkers sides too. IMO someone can be a good person overall, but still not support gay marriage. Someone can be a good person despite preferring to live and work amongst people of their same race, culture and traditions.

If our planet can survive (and I doubt that), most likely in a thousand years, we will be a truly global and diverse society where the majority of people will share the same culture, morals and values. Right now though, IMO blacks from poor urban areas have a toxic culture that is holding them back from economic opportunities and integrating with the rest of society. It's really less about skin colour and all about culture clashes between poor urban folk and those who are higher up on the socio-economic scale.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:15 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
it's hilarious how white folks ignore their own peoples violent crime to focus on Black crime that's usually no where close to where they live.

focusing on Fox News Chicago updates while their neighbor down the street raises a meth addict who will assault them once they go on a binge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies