Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 07:54 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are pockets where violence is bad. It's not just the people in most of these areas. People point out Chicago but Chicago is and has been corrupt for decades. Corruption breeds corruption.

I could take the high drug addiction in certain Appalachian areas and say "Whites are nothing but drug addicts" but it would hardly mean anything overall. That pocket of people do not represent anything in the big picture.

I've also addressed how blacks are convicted at a much higher rate than others. Does this represent a reality? That others are simply wrongly arrested in higher numbers? No, I do not believe so.

Take Philandro Castile. Do you really believe he was the only one with a broken tail light? Or was he pulled over because of his "wide set nose"?
You're arguing points that haven't been made. The OP is countering the statement that violent crime among black people is no higher than in other groups.

Read your post - you're all over the place with this, that, and the other thing. Stick to the topic - it isn't about all of the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Another dumb thread on Stormfront Lite by people scared of their own shadow.

Well over 80% of whites get killed by their own and not even 1% of the AA population consists of violent criminals.

Now, it's another **** measuring contest to see who's more violent, considering Charleston, SC shooting, Sandy Hook, Aurora, CO, BLM protest in Minnesota and just two weeks ago, an act of terror committed by a white person.

Every race/ethnicity/culture has violent segments, whether it's inner city ghettos in the U.S., to third world slums in Venezuela, to getting knocked off/disappearing for sneezing at an inappropriate time like in Russia or NK.

There's no real point to this thread, but considering the source and who posted in it, no surprise.
I think the point is just to counter what someone has stated, which is false.

Again, nobody is saying crime doesn't exist among all groups.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're arguing points that haven't been made.
I should stick with one sided points?

Quote:
The OP is countering the statement that violent crime among black people is no higher than in other groups.

Read your post - you're all over the place with this, that, and the other thing. Stick to the topic - it isn't about all of the above.
It is. Philandro Castile was pulled over for one reason and one reason only. He was black. White's and some other minorities can get away with things that blacks can not which skews the numbers.

Is violence in Chicago among blacks too high? It is. Is drug addiction among white's in rural areas too high? It is. You do not address any of that with this racist ****.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:01 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
This has to contain some of the most offensive and false generalizations I have ever had the displeasure to read.
Perhaps offensive to YOU, but it's the truth and NOT false based on many decades of firsthand observations at work, living in poorer neighborhoods when I was just out of college, stories from black co-workers about their neighborhoods (them nicknaming Mattapan "Murderpan", and watching footage/reading about riots in LA after Rodney King, the Oakland riot, and riots in recents years whenever the black community is upset.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I should stick with one sided points?

It is. Philandro Castile was pulled over for one reason and one reason only. He was black. White's and some other minorities can get away with things that blacks can not which skews the numbers.

Is violence in Chicago among blacks too high? It is. Is drug addiction among white's in rural areas too high? It is. You do not address any of that with this racist ****.

It's not one sided. The OP links to an article making a false statement. That's the topic.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It's not one sided. The OP links to an article making a false statement. That's the topic.
You can not condemn an entire group over the actions of some. That is what is being done here. It's what causes a Philandro Castile to get pulled over while others go on their merry way even though their tail light is busted also.

It gets old when it is you being targeted.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:17 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
This has to contain some of the most offensive and false generalizations I have ever had the displeasure to read.
Then you'll love this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZGSQXmJPaQ

Old 08-25-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
You can not condemn an entire group over the actions of some. That is what is being done here. It's what causes a Philandro Castile to get pulled over while others go on their merry way even though their tail light is busted also.

It gets old when it is you being targeted.
I don't see people condemning black people. If you want to talk about other kinds of crime that white people have high percentages of, start a new thread.

The OP is simply pointing out that the statement made to an article he linked to is false.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:25 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:
The truth hurts.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:27 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
"He didun do nuffin. He just tryin to git money for clothes for school."

Anyone see the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies