Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2017, 10:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That happens all the time. Do you see me complaining about it? No. The goober said what they said.
You're from Wisconsin. I doubt you sound like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 10:19 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,290 times
Default Single parenthood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
You then have to ask how it got to the point. What changed in the black community over the years that would spark that mindset. It didn't just happen overnight.
Married-family values declined in the Black community due to the ever increasing baby-mama baby-daddy lifestyle. The single parent as a norm which really exploded in the 1970s and proliferated each decade after that to the point that it has all but destroyed the Black community. It negatively impacted the community because it negatively impacts children, particularly boys who suffer from having no father around, a drive-by father, or a criminally minded father. Most of the children grow up and repeat the cycle as soon as they're able to. To save face, they celebrate single parenthood and the fact that they come from single parent homes, have children out of wedlock themselves, or forsaken their own children but half taking care of the new GF's children. The quality of their lives show the truth - they've shot their own child(ren) in the foot as they children grow up impoverished and a host of other mental and emotional issues that could have been avoided had their parents did the "right thing".

Last edited by Klassyhk; 08-25-2017 at 10:42 PM..

Old 08-25-2017, 10:23 PM

Default The reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Yes to both. I live in a majority black town and most of the people I encounter are friendly. If I have a need to go to a certain part of town because that's where Sam's is, I encounter more people who look at me in hate (or completely ignore me) just because I am white. "Get out the hood, B****."

My in-laws live out in the country and their neighbors of all colors are simply lovely. Out there people help one another, because they have to, to survive.
You're experiencing what many Black people experience or have experienced when they step outside of their communities. Same thing just reverse the color of the people.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:26 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
There's also the aspect of blacks having a very macho culture (just like the Hispanics). In the black ghetto neighborhoods, it's so important to have "street cred". If one is not seen as being physically tough, then one is bullied and disrespected. It's very difficult to reason with people like this as their first instinct is not to listen, but instead shout someone down. Their method of defense is to go immediately on the offensive.
Trump is a product of black ghetto culture?

Old 08-25-2017, 10:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Marriage family valued declined in the community due to the ever increasing baby-mama baby-daddy lifestyle. The single parent as a norm which really exploded in the 1970s and proliferated each decade after that to the point that it has all but destroyed the Black community. It negatively impacted the community because it negatively impacts children, particularly boys who suffer from having no father around, a drive-by father, or a criminally minded father. Most of the children grow up and repeat the cycle as soon as they're able to. To save face, they celebrate single parenthood and the fact that they come from single parent homes, have children out of wedlock themselves, or forsaken their own children but half taking care of the new GF's children but the quality of these person's lives show the truth - they've shot their child(ren) in the foot.
Klassy, what was the catalyst for the bolded above?

I wish you posted more. You seem to cut through the b.s. and just tell it like it is.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:28 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're from Wisconsin. I doubt you sound like that.
No, I'm not from Wisconsin.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:29 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,533 times
Love how the truth is racist..LOL

Watch some videos and learn something...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEb...qlZmEJsriTEtnw

Old 08-25-2017, 11:10 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's their dialect. Why shouldn't we all respect that? Are you implying we should all "whitewash" (so to speak) their cultural dialect?
Whose dialect exactly?

Btw, "dindu nuffin" as written is quite British as well.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:25 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Whose dialect exactly?

Btw, "dindu nuffin" as written is quite British as well.
Well, there you go...

Old 08-26-2017, 02:49 AM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Klassy, what was the catalyst for the bolded above?

I wish you posted more. You seem to cut through the b.s. and just tell it like it is.

Thanks, I'm blessed to have a wonderful career but it means that my schedule is super hectic and I travel a LOT with work sometimes away from home a month or more at a time so that's why I post so randomly.

I'm one person and I speak only from my perspective, possibly not shared by many on C-D judging by their posts, but I guarantee you there are many others who feel like I do in RL but we're too busy being a part of the solution and not the problem so we don't exist to the media since we're not helpless, not constantly making bad choices and ending up in the news or newspaper as a social pity case, not holding our breath waiting for Whites to stop being racist (some) or admit they're racist before we can start living our lives, and we're not in need of Whites coming to save us from ourselves.

Consequently, you don't hear much from voices like mine but they exist. I'd say we're the silent majority. We have careers, professions, or jobs and are busy living our lives with family, friends, work, church or other sources of community. Some write books saying what I'm saying and there are brothers and sisters on youtube speaking truth as well.

Like anything, the baby-mama baby-daddy lifestyle started with a few risk takers doing it and they seemed cool, made it look cool and appealing. Others jump on the bandwagon especially since the negative results of the lifestyle was unknown at the time although the Mohniyan report of the 60's predicted it. Soon, so many people were doing it to the point that it became he new "normal" and people no longer remembered when it wasn't "done this way".

By the time people realized the lifestyle was a sham and not working in their or their children's best interest, they were too far gone, too steeped in to get out so they stayed in and started defending it to the death (saving face). Argued that nothing was wrong with it meanwhile the behavior of the male children as they reached teen years became more and more angry, destructive, self-defeating, and toxic to the extent that going to jail became an expectation and male right-of-passage for many. Unfortunately, this backwards lifestyle and way of thinking has only gotten worse over the decades.

I would say the shift in values at the time was due to many things in no certain order necessarily starting in the 1970s onward:

- feminism and sexual freedom for women who were not longer holding themselves to a higher sexual standard than men anymore,

- a newfound cultural freedom post-Civil Rights era,

- delayed hippie culture which was picked up from the dominant White hippies culture of the 60's,

- an attempt by some to reconnect with Africa by adopting African values especially motherhood as soon as possible & polygamy but without being legally married. Win-win for the man.

- Taking pride in being a baby-maker, fathering many children as possible with as many women as poss.

- welfare & foodstamp programs that would only help the family if no father was in the home,

- Women looking at the role of a wife as being a ball and chain,

- Black exploitation movies which glorified the pimp/pimping/hustler/hustling/street-walkers; which led to men disrespecting & objectifying their own women which continues to this day

- Women losing respect for men

- Black culture on one hand celebrating the Black female body while on the other hand sexually objectifying it which made publicly disrespecting BW a community past=time among boys and men.

- Intergration which caused the dispersion of Black educated to move into White areas leaving the elderly behind as well as the Black uneducated or unmotivated to multiply and spread like a cancer unchecked as they begin to dominate

- Growing number of educated and/or successful BM (pro-athletes, etc) choosing to date and marry WW over BW and the psychological impact that had on girls growing up, women, and other males.

- Proliferation of the face of beauty being presented as women who were either non-Black or bi-racial over brown and darkskin women with west African features and the psychological implications of this.

-Lack of checks and balance in the neighborhoods so fools, criminals, drugged out, & the mentally ill were allowed to roam the community unobstructed,

- proliferation of public housing and low-income govt apts given and the more children you had as a single mom in particular, the higher number of bedrooms in apt you'd get.

- Proliferation of mama's-boys/ dependent men since no dad was around or had never been around,

- Prevailing sense of abandonment and rejection due to not having a father or never knowing one's father.

- Sense of shame from having different fathers, children by different men which was masked by defensiveness, anger, & an obsession with obtaining name brands items to cover a sense of worthlessness.

- Cultural breakaway from everything that was European or White-centered which produced the unintended consequence of devaluing EDUCATION.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies