Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2017, 07:59 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
More significantly, Jews are Jews. African-Americans lost their traditional religions and cultures. African-Americans come from over 45 different ethnicities/cultures. That means over 45 different ethnic groups lost virtually all ties. Just that fact that AAs are labeled as "blacks" is evidence of what was endured.

Asking the majority of people, particularly in the U.S., to understand is pointless because they only know to label people of African descent as "blacks." They are largely brainwashed to ignore the various cultures of Africans/African-descended groups while acknowledging the diversity of Asians and Hispanics (a minority of whom are of African origin). So they fail to realize how many different cultures, languages and religions were lost...basically beaten out of people.

That people actually try to compare that experience with Jews is beyond ignorant and completely uninformed.
Very insightful post and it's needed. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 08:40 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Very insightful post and it's needed. Thanks.
You're welcome. When I read posts that compare AAs to groups like Jews, I just have to shake my head.

At one point, over 70 percent of the Africans in Virginia were Igbo. Where is Igbo culture? Not even pockets.

Where are the Yoruba, the Hausa, Ashanti, Ewe, Kongo, Mandinka, Fon, Ibibio...where?

There should be no talk about "black" anything because not one "black" was brought over to the U.S. They came over as the above ethnic groups and more and, in the end, over 45 groups ended up "black" with no semblence of their original cultures. No identifiable languages. No religions. No ethnic names. Nothing.

Hell, between 10-30% of the African slaves were Muslim. Yet Islam was wiped out completely among African slaves in the U.S.

But they want to compare the experience of African-Americans to Jews or the Irish? SMH.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:39 PM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, I cannot control communities. People are responsible for themselves. I can only take care of me. I was talking about individuals. I can only go where it's best for me.

We should all go where it is best for us. I always check out community stats first.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:13 PM

52,287 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Well, I cannot control communities. People are responsible for themselves. I can only take care of me. I was talking about individuals. I can only go where it's best for me.
Good post

Old 08-26-2017, 11:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
If only people would take more responsibility for themselves then we wouldn't have a illegitimate baby problem and a ballooning welfare role. And that goes for everyone.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:18 PM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If only people would take more responsibility for themselves then we wouldn't have a illegitimate baby problem and a ballooning welfare role. And that goes for everyone.
true

Old 08-26-2017, 11:20 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
Black Lives Matter's real agenda - Washington Times

Old 08-26-2017, 11:30 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Easy to fix stats. Just legalise crime. We've done it in many cases. How many people went to jail for the billions lost in the Great Recession?
None, and in fact tens of thousands of them are getting free homes:

Foreclosure to Home Free, as 5-Year Statute of Limitations Expires - NY Times

Old 08-27-2017, 06:23 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Welfare and it's rules for eligibility and payout created more baby mommas. And blacks consider welfare part of their reparations package.

We need to end the welfare program.

Old 08-27-2017, 06:32 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Welfare and it's rules for eligibility and payout created more baby mommas. And blacks consider welfare part of their reparations package.

We need to end the welfare program.
That's the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. Welfare began in the 1930s and was virtually unavailable to black people for decades. Get out of here. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies