Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 04:38 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't like it because in an attempt to debate someone who compared the struggle of African Americans with the struggle of Jews - the poster did the same in a far more disrespectful manner - and proved ignorance about the Jewish struggle in the process.

It's possible to state the two cannot be compared without being ignorant and disparaging. That's what I took issue with.
Utter nonsense.

My posts made ZERO statements about Jews and only clarified the African-American experience. No disparaging statements were made about Jews.

But it was fine with you when Mash123 was comparing African-Americans and Jews and not being accurate about the experiences of the former.

What you want is for ignorant and disparaging statements about African-Americans to pervade. You took issue with the truth being told about African-Americans. You took issue with hearing that 45 different ethnicities were brought to the Americas and in the U.S., any discernable cultures, languages, religions etc were beaten and stripped from them. You took issue with the truth.

Don't forget that all those groups were brought across the Americas so those from non-U.S. background are going to know the truth and won't be buying the inaccurate narratives.

Your post is completely disengenuous. Not fooling me at all.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 08-27-2017 at 05:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 05:12 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Yes. Almost 700,000 books were published in Timbuktu before it's collapse. So it's stupid to say Africans had no writing or didn't value information. Not only are they racist, they're stupid. But it makes sense.
Timbuktu is one city. Anyway, those African cultures did not give any significant invention to the human race.
Also, I really sorry, but what happen hundreds years ago does not explain the thug culture in the inner cities.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:20 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,976,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
If your location of downtown St. Louis is correct you currently live in a neighborhood that has a crime rate just over 5X the national average.
5x's the national average? What population are you considering? 5k within Tucker, 64, Delmar and the River or the greater DT of 20k? Are you also considering the 90k workers, tourist and people just passing through DT for dinner, clubbing or baseball games?

I've lived DT for the past 3 years and know no Black criminals. My building has very strict guidlines along with most DT as far as income, credit and criminal background. As with many of the appartment buildings we have quite a few Professionals of all races including Blacks. I live and socialize on a daily basis because I am a part of the community.

I hate the mind control the media has on many people like you. You don't have the experience to assess a communities safety but yet think you have the information to successfully debate or have an intelligent conversation about a community you don't know.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:23 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,030 times
Black communities are not necessarily more violent than any other communities. You have middle class and upscale black communities that are thriving and rather safe. Then you have black communities that are poor, bleak, and crime ridden. Our communities are varied just like other races. Even in those poor black communities, the type of violence may not be the same as a community of another race, but the crime is still there nonetheless.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:04 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
>5

I posted the map of the districts. Roughly 6 dark blue worst areas, but about a dozen just one shade lighter (2nd worst shade). All but 2 districts had murders in the last year, and Big Picture Chicago murder rate 6x per capita NYC. 2 murders a day in a city whose population is just about the same as Brooklyn.
So go ahead and disparage an entire city based on this.

Funny that millions of people live in Chicago and are never the victims of crime, but people who don't live there cite violent crime as a reason they'd never live there.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Paaalease. I travel a lot. It isn't my fault Chicago has been tagged with a reputation for senseless shootings and gang violence. You get what you accept and Chicago absolutely accepts that parts of it are as dangerous as war zones.
Ok for the sake of argument. Only holiday shootings are the norm. LOL as if that makes it all good, right?
Why doesn't NYC have the same problem? They once did, then they decided that enough was enough.
By the way I do like Chicago style deep dish pizza.
Again, millions of people live in Chicago all their lives and are never victims of crime. Most of them know better than to go to certain areas.

As for the bolded above - who doesn't? And if you haven't tried Portillo's - make a run next time you're in.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:56 AM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
So go ahead and disparage an entire city based on this.

Funny that millions of people live in Chicago and are never the victims of crime, but people who don't live there cite violent crime as a reason they'd never live there.
The map speaks volumes. I hope Chicago gets it act together. NYC did thanks to Giuliani and Bloomberg.
Under Koch and Dinkins, NYC ha 240% Chicago population, but 2,000 plus murders a year. Now <400.

It takes work, but can happen. Until then, Chicago is a war zone.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:00 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
5x's the national average? What population are you considering? 5k within Tucker, 64, Delmar and the River or the greater DT of 20k? Are you also considering the 90k workers, tourist and people just passing through DT for dinner, clubbing or baseball games?

I've lived DT for the past 3 years and know no Black criminals. My building has very strict guidlines along with most DT as far as income, credit and criminal background. As with many of the appartment buildings we have quite a few Professionals of all races including Blacks. I live and socialize on a daily basis because I am a part of the community.

I hate the mind control the media has on many people like you. You don't have the experience to assess a communities safety but yet think you have the information to successfully debate or have an intelligent conversation about a community you don't know.
Yeah, I was under mind control. My bad.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:39 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,976,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Yeah, I was under mind control. My bad.
I am glad you admitted it. Many like to draw conclusions about groups of people because they are insecure and it makes them feel more comfortable.

Black people are just like many people. We get up everyday and try to make the best of things. The media constantly pours this black people are bad and many don't know that it is designed to destroy their ability to reason and think for themselves.

Then you have articles like the one you are referencing that is designed to get people like you talking and pouring out their emotions before actually thinking about what they say or write.

Be kind to people and get to know them and you will be much better off.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:07 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
You always have some of the most delusional posts. One weekend in Chicago blows those out of the water by 10 fold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies