Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Texas get federal clean-up funds?
Yes, it's the right thing to do 126 87.50%
No, they should practice what they preach 18 12.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 08:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,049,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I ama totally flummoxed.. that Cheeto Trump pledges all this assistance which will no doubt be twice what Katrina was.. YET defunds FEMA.. doesn't bother replace those that run it.. place 100% on the Shoulders of "ONE" guy!! States have learned tooo adopt to changes and recognize a whole massive things.. HOWEVER.. Texas refused to do anything to re-enforce those dams which are breaching and no doubt flooding out even those who had never experienced anything like this... Meanwhile POTUS promises immediate turnaround blah blah.. Sorry his expletives fall on MY DEAF EARS!!

Meanwhile , he ignores the increase severity of CLIMATE change.. and suggests It's normal.. Team's tello that to your children!!! Those 75 year old Dams/Reservoirs have NOT been upgraded.. and the stress have never aoocured before.. SO Politicians seem to have to wait until innocent taxpaying citizens to die/suffer and lose everything they had to work for BEFORE they ( Politicians) all of a sudden realize REALITY!!

Trump told the World he would BACK out of Climate Change deals.. wether or not the WORLD recognizes it as Real and Scientist have proven for decades the changes.. BUT Heir Trump promises that Texan's will be fine

There's a whole disconnect with Party Leadership/Politicians and false claims that unfortunately are killing INNOCENTS. Children/animals can't vote.. But when whole families get wiped out.. Life long assets someone has worked their whole life GETS wiped out becomes a "NIGHTMARE" that Heir Trump cannot connect with much less CARE sincerely!! Unfortunately.. Your POTUS plays a very dangerous GAME and it's going to directly affect REGULAR citizens.. Meanwhile lobbyists.. extreme/conspiracy types will promote the propaganda and LIAR in Chief will double down!!!

BOY, I sure pray for those who are suffering because of political discourse.. THEY should never be made to SUFFER like this.. and yet Politican's ( not all) will double down of how ALL will be well.. Trump will never ever earn the " Comforter-in-CHief" label ever.. He wants to talk the talk.. BUT CANNOT WALK the WALK!!

My heart breaks for those suffering right thru NO fault of their own.. and Mother Nature is turing usual routine behaviours on it's HEAD!! HOW many Storms like Hurricane Harvey has EVER acted like this.. Hits.. STAYS..moves back to Gulf.. regain strength.. and return to kill and drown more!! Sorry. what FEMA is doing is great.. and Trump/GOP is defunding.. and Trump's doesn't assign support for his singular leader of it.. WHY does Less gov. folks believe that the actual " Knowledgable workers BEE's" are unnecessary? Just maybe something like Texas Disaster might remind.. those unseen powers you don't need today.. YOUR may very well NEED TOMORROW!!

Just a reminder.. Death tolls will rise+++ when water recedes.. you have to bet there's going to +++++ found after that!!
Umm, ms/mr partisan person..... He didn't "defund FEMA" YET as that has not passed through the budget yet according to reports the other day. He PROPOSED cutting FEMA and the conversation was all about how he'll have to reconcile that now given what's happened.
So, time to find another TDS outrage...

As for Federal Aid for Texas, is that REALLY a question? Cruz did this or that back during Sandy so some would be willing to shaft all the people in Texas for what the Penguin did? (think original Batman,add top hat and cigg holder to Cruz)
OF COURSE Texas should get whatever they need to get back to as much of normal as possible.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:15 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,542,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Not from Houston. But are you saying the mattress salesman is more well thought of than the mega-church pastor?
You are a quick study.
"i'm not from around there, either"

Old 08-30-2017, 08:16 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,487,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Nobody has ever said your life doesn't matter. Saying Black Lives Matter doesn't mean yours doesn't.
Exactly. All Lives Matter is the same as:

"Pray for Houston."
"NO, ALL CITIES MATTER!"

Old 08-30-2017, 08:17 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,542,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Houstonians know Mattress Mack and his generosity. This is completely in character for him. He's been helping people here in Houston for decades. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he gives the furniture to these people when they finally get back into their homes or new housing.
Some of the people who work for him arrived as New Orleans refugees and stayed to build a career in his stores.
"Mack The Man"

Old 08-30-2017, 08:17 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,559,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Nobody has ever said your life doesn't matter. Saying Black Lives Matter doesn't mean yours doesn't.

I subscribe to any of that nonsense..............

Do you not know sarcasm when you read it??

Old 08-30-2017, 08:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,402,773 times
Default Black man saves white man with Confederate flag...

A black MMA fighter has been helping victims of Harvey for days. Even the dreaded white folks. Lots of pics and videos of him helping anyone and everyone in the article.

Quote:
“I picked up one guy and his family, his wife ― he just kept apologizing to me, because all he really had was his clothes, and he wanted to take his Confederate flag,” Lewis told MMAJunkie on Monday. “He wanted to take that with him, and he just apologized and said, ‘Man, I’ll sit in the back of your truck, man. I don’t want to have my flag inside of your truck like this.’ I said, ‘Man, I’m not worried about that.‘’’
He further added...

Quote:
Lewis said he was unbothered by the flag, which many feel symbolizes America’s long history of racism. He just wanted to help.

“I don’t care about that,” Lewis told MMAjunkie. “I live in Texas. It ain’t nothing new. I’ve been living in the South all my life, and it ain’t nothing I hadn’t seen before or discussed about. I don’t care about that type of stuff. I just wanted to help him.”
Black MMA Fighter Says He Saved Stranded Harvey Victim With Confederate Flag | HuffPost

To normal folks this is a man of integrity, respect, and a hero.

To the Left he'll be labeled an Uncle Tom or worse.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:34 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,635,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I subscribe to any of that nonsense..............

Do you not know sarcasm when you read it??
A lot of people say what you said without sarcasm.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:38 PM

78,581 posts, read 60,772,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
This is not cherry picking. This is Texas asking for federal help. If I gave you a stat where Texas inception to date had more reliefwould that change your mind?

I do not work for someone. I hire people. Based on your response you lack the qualifications. How does that sophmoric diss work for you?

You could have chose logical discourse.
It's cherry picking. 2 years of major events is a grossly insufficient sample size.

You clearly have zero education in statistics or analytics but when called out you just double down.

I found the source of your claim via google and it was from a breitbart style website. No wonder you were too ashamed to link your claim.

If you stop pretending you know statistics, I'll leave you alone. But if you cite them claiming you have a clue (which we both know you do not) then I'm gonna beat ya down.

If you dispute that you do in fact know proper statistical analysis then explain why the study is valid.

A brief explanation of credibility would suffice. (google it.)

Old 08-30-2017, 08:41 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,529,947 times
So what........
Forgive me, but I am so sick of this rhetoric.
Not from you, but here on the forum and in America.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,650,256 times
This doesn't surprise me because most people are willing to help others and race never enters the equation. It only seems like a big deal because the media is pushing a different agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies