Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 07:10 AM

52,791 posts, read 34,690,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
With everything going on, one must wonder why Trump wants to focus on expelling daca-babies. Strange priorities.
When did trump say anything about expelling DACA babies?

Old 09-06-2017, 07:16 AM

10,017 posts, read 5,725,895 times
I've never seen so many legislators whine about NOT having an explicitly legislative function expropriated from them by the executive and whine some more about having to take responsibility for their own role in the balance of power. I swear to God sometimes the world has been turned upside-down. I need a drink just to make my head stop spinning. Any Congress worth its salt would have impeached Obama not only for usurping their legislative prerogative even after he acknowledged he had no legal authority to do so but for ignoring a federal court ruling declaring that usurpation unconstitutional.

It makes me wonder why Trump doesn't just ignore the court rulings on his travel ban. What's the limiting principle that would stop him if the Constitution and the separation powers is no longer that principle?

Old 09-06-2017, 07:23 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,063,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump hedged tonight saying he would "revisit" if Congress fails to act by March. So I guess he will just keep extending it.
Or he will instruct ICE to remove them immediately as the law requires since Congress couldn't make up it's mind...

Old 09-06-2017, 07:25 AM

3,600 posts, read 1,800,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you kidding me? Obama gave these companies incentives to hire these DACA's. Since when don't we have enough Americans good enough to compete with these barely out of high school DACAs?
Especially at these major corporations like Apple and Microsoft. They have MORE than enough applicants.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:26 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,077,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Republicans in congress are speaking out against Trump's DACA decision. Don't try to spin this as "only leftist". Even Trump said he might flip on the decision.

“DACA has made sense to me”: Republican lawmakers pledge to support DACA over Trump - Salon.com

Both Republican leaders of Congress, House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., have also spoken out against ending DACA
And Trump gave Congress 6 months to do something.
Now let's see if Congress actually tries to do something.

13,677 posts, read 20,816,033 times
Will DACA stay, or go?

Clearly here to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
Ah, the ramblings of a madman...
TDS just like any hyper-partisanship can drive some crazy as bat sh#t that's a fact...

Old 09-06-2017, 07:28 AM

46,376 posts, read 27,204,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Absolutely, same as the sheriff Joe emergency pardon, there are more important things to worry about. Congress really has it's hands full with the spending cap, budget, ACA, North Korea and tax reform, I think this could have waited.

Congress wants no part of this as there are no easy answers, if they couldn't come up with immigration reform in 40 years what makes them think they can do this in 6 months. There are 11 million illegal immigrants and they start off getting tough with the children that were brought here by their parents, very impressive.

It was an emergency pardon, now?

Damn lefties....talk about fear mongering....

And some of these "children" have graduated high school.......

Old 09-06-2017, 07:28 AM

21,495 posts, read 10,615,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I've never seen so many legislators whine about NOT having an explicitly legislative function expropriated from them by the executive and whine some more about having to take responsibility for their own role in the balance of power. I swear to God sometimes the world has been turned upside-down. I need a drink just to make my head stop spinning. Any Congress worth its salt would have impeached Obama not only for usurping their legislative prerogative even after he acknowledged he had no legal authority to do so but for ignoring a federal court ruling declaring that usurpation unconstitutional.

It makes me wonder why Trump doesn't just ignore the court rulings on his travel ban. What's the limiting principle that would stop him if the Constitution and the separation powers is no longer that principle?
There's nothing congress hates more than having to vote on a controversial bill. We need term limits bad.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We are a nation of laws. We are not governed by executive impulses, whether or not you agree with it.

This is not Cuba, where Raúl Castro arbitrarily decides what websites his people can see, or Venezuela where Maduro created a mock referendum to change the legislative branch, or Mexico, where the rule of law makes justice difficult, or any other Latin American country where leaders act impulsively. Someone should have told Obama this.
But,but weren't we told over and over again that Obama is a brilliant constitutional scholar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.