Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 02:25 PM

35,827 posts, read 21,206,897 times

Advertisements

good - the ins cos cos will fix it themselves- leave it alone!

Old 09-22-2017, 02:29 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,383,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, you've made a very bold, derogatory statement there. Back it up. What FACTS do you have ? You certainly wouldn't just run your mouth for the sake of being negative, would you ? So give us some detailed facts to back up your assertion.

This should be really good.
I agreed with his reasoning in this instance but I also believe he hates the country or he wouldn't be arguing it into every war conceivable.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:32 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,082,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Collins is a NO vote too so thank god we have some Republican patriots.

24% approval rating on this bill isn't enough to make the rest of the GOP question this bill? Truly truly sad how the majority of GOP senators care more about repealing Obamacare and doing the bidding of those lining their pockets than their own constituents.
You clearly have no idea what it means to be a patriot. McCain is an unfit RINO.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:34 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,563,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Thank you so much. This has been stressful for the folks I know covered by the ACA. Bless Senators McCain, Collins, Murkowski and Capito.

I do believe the ACA needs to have the kinks worked out of it. But a thoughtful, deliberate process should be undertaken. Not a meal of red meat, hasty partisan legislation thrown at supporters with little regard given to those with pre-existing conditions.

I agree. This most recent bill would have raised rates significantly for people with pre-existing conditions. Even relatively minor pre-existing conditions could have caused the rates to increase drastically - to the point the self-payers wouldn't be able afford the monthly premium. This would cause people to die because they'd go without insurance and would delay normal check-ups which could catch health issues before it's too late.

Regular everyday hard-working people would have been impacted hardest because they are the ones that pay for the entire premium and the massive premium increase would have caused many to drop the insurance. These are the same folks that pay their bills on-time, all the time. These folks would avoid the hospital and doctor because they don't want the big bills that occur when you don't have insurance. Then if they got cancer or high blood pressure, they wouldn't know it until symptoms got extremely bad.

A bi-partisan bill needs to be worked out that doesn't make people with pre-existing conditions become uninsurable due to much higher premiums.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:39 PM

3,365 posts, read 1,245,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Minority Party threw those Chestnuts into the fire and then sat on their hands for 7 years watching them burn. Do you really think that the American public is not aware that not a single Republican voted for ObamaCare and while the premiums have exploded and the Insurance companies are running to the exits - those same Democrats are refusing to even go to the table and work on solutions to the imploding ObamaCare?

It's a lot more likely that the public is going to blame those who actually Made the Mess and then refused to even help clean it up ........ particularly when the Left does their dance in the street that ANY "fix" has been defeated again.
Obama and the Democrats begged for years for the Republicans to come to the table.
The only thing they contributed was over 50 votes to repeal: not one offer of bipartisan debate.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:48 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,383,314 times
McCain does have his. He has the best care available all funded by the taxpayer. While his reasoning is OK by itself, did he call for debate on the subject? Has he introduced a better bill?

No. McCain might have a convenient answer here, he is a blithering hypocrite. The many bills to end Obamacare while Obama was president that he voted for were not properly debated either. They were simple nothings of a bill to end Obamacare, period.

He voted for them.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:58 PM

42,812 posts, read 26,498,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
those same Democrats are refusing to even go to the table and work on solutions to the imploding ObamaCare?
There was a bi-partisan committee working on healthcare I guess you missed that in the news?

"Murray’s statement read in part: “Republican leaders have decided to freeze this bipartisan approach and are trying to jam through a partisan Trumpcare bill.”
The Real Story of Why Bipartisan Health Care Reform Is Impossible Now

Old 09-22-2017, 03:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,313,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They will bash him for it, but McCain could be the savior of the Republican party. This bill (and the last) will ruin them if it were to become law.
I know! Hence my anger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I'm curious: why do you want an Obamacare repeal?

(for context, I support nationalized healthcare. I'm not a fan of the ACA, but it's a better place to be than where we were before it. My party allegiance usually shifts between Democrat and Independent. I view myself as being somewhere between a progressive and a liberal; a radical liberal and a moderate progressive, if you will).
See post above yours!

Old 09-22-2017, 03:21 PM

17,529 posts, read 9,340,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
My god the middle class and small businesses are being CRUSHED by this law. This guy promises to repeal the law for 7 straight years and when the time comes he sells out to the healthcare lobby. What a joke. He has to know that the states spend money infinitely better than the feds and that there's too much bureaucratic waste going on with the law.
The Health Care Lobby (all of them) are in favor of ObamaCare - McCain and all of the Democrats vote WITH the wealthy Health Care Lobby's.

Rand Paul is the one Republican that is voting NO because he wants a straight Repeal .... which of course throws all participants of ObamaCare into un-insured limbo. That's pretty cold.

On the other hand, those that refuse to pass a new Health Insurance Law (and that's just what ACA is) are actually voting for the coming Implosion as premiums continue to skyrocket and Insurers exit the programs.

ACA as written stands just as it is without Congressional Action - the same ACA that the Democrats crammed through without a single Republican vote. That Law Stands and the Democrats OWN IT.

Enjoy your high fives and Victory Dance for saving the Democrat's baby - get back to us when it falls in on you ..... because it will.

Old 09-22-2017, 03:21 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,496,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
McCain does have his. He has the best care available all funded by the taxpayer. While his reasoning is OK by itself, did he call for debate on the subject? Has he introduced a better bill?

No. McCain might have a convenient answer here, he is a blithering hypocrite. The many bills to end Obamacare while Obama was president that he voted for were not properly debated either. They were simple nothings of a bill to end Obamacare, period.

He voted for them.
I think they all voted for it at that time bc they knew it wasn't going to pass. They weren't serious for it... it was just a political stance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies