Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 06:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We already read many anti-religious threads you post. Just another one.
Which anti religion threads did I make?

Have I said anything bad about the Jewish faith? Sure, I have no respect for religious faith overall (that would include Judaism as well), but if anything, I'm more likely to show the Jewish faith more magnanimity than just about all the rest of 'em. Mostly because they don't proselytize and don't rob my people of their monies,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 10:36 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Have I said anything bad about the Jewish faith? Sure, I have no respect for religious faith overall (that would include Judaism as well), but if anything, I'm more likely to show the Jewish faith more magnanimity than just about all the rest of 'em. Mostly because they don't proselytize and don't rob my people of their monies,
FWIW: They are typing about your multitude of Israel related commentary in numerous threads. Some people take some of your posts related to Israel as anti-semitic which some are but most aren't. It's the leftist approach to look for anti-semitism everywhere as the ADL does. We've both been here for enough years so I know when you've crossed that line and you know I'll call you out on it.

Just so you know, by creating this thread (intentional or not) you've joined the ranks of people who create numerous anti-Jewish and anti-Israel threads when any Judaism related holiday nears. It happens every year and "I" do go after them. I've dealt with nearly a dozen of them within the past week alone.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
FWIW: They are typing about your multitude of Israel related commentary in numerous threads. Some people take some of your posts related to Israel as anti-semitic which some are but most aren't. It's the leftist approach to look for anti-semitism everywhere as the ADL does. We've both been here for enough years so I know when you've crossed that line and you know I'll call you out on it.

Just so you know, by creating this thread (intentional or not) you've joined the ranks of people who create numerous anti-Jewish and anti-Israel threads when any Judaism related holiday nears. It happens every year and "I" do go after them. I've dealt with nearly a dozen of them within the past week alone.
I've said things in those threads (and others) that are certainly anti Israel, but anti Jewish? Never.

That aside, I really wasn't aware of any Jewish holidays as of late because I don't really follow that type of thing. This was a recent news story, and I created the thread.

I mean, let's be serious here. Anti African American threads are the norm around here. At any given time, Conservative Republicans are trying multiple ways of coming up with new reasons for starting one. Same with Muslims, Arabs, Hispanics (to a lesser degree) and BLM. Hell, if a cop shoots a black man, they create threads in order to blame the black dude for getting shot. Reference the Philando Castile threads.

They even turn Asian threads into anti Black threads. So come on...let's not get your hackles up over ONE thread about a Jewish sect.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:18 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
I've said things in those threads (and others) that are certainly anti Israel, but anti Jewish? Never.

That aside, I really wasn't aware of any Jewish holidays as of late because I don't really follow that type of thing. This was a recent news story, and I created the thread.

I mean, let's be serious here. Anti African American threads are the norm around here. At any given time, Conservative Republicans are trying multiple ways of coming up with new reasons for starting one. Same with Muslims, Arabs, Hispanics (to a lesser degree) and BLM. Hell, if a cop shoots a black man, they create threads in order to blame the black dude for getting shot. Reference the Philando Castile threads.

They even turn Asian threads into anti Black threads. So come on...let's not get your hackles up over ONE thread about a Jewish sect.
POC is a cesspool. It is what it is.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:22 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
The're stealing,put them in jail!

Old 09-25-2017, 06:34 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:

I live in an area that was once almost 50% Jewish. To some folks, saying something anti-Israel is perceived as being anti-Jewish, anti-Semitic, etc.

Last week was Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur is the 30th, so you unknowingly (apparently) hit a bullseye...lol.

I think some people here are assuming you've posted this in retaliation for the many threads criticizing black people, but you seem to have increased the number of threads you start over the past few months and they're all over the board covering several topics. Perhaps they missed those?

Old 09-25-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I live in an area that was once almost 50% Jewish. To some folks, saying something anti-Israel is perceived as being anti-Jewish, anti-Semitic, etc.

Last week was Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur is the 30th, so you unknowingly (apparently) hit a bullseye...lol.

I think some people here are assuming you've posted this in retaliation for the many threads criticizing black people, but you seem to have increased the number of threads you start over the past few months and they're all over the board covering several topics. Perhaps they missed those?
No, they didn't miss those. Not even.

They're complaining because in their minds, all ethnic groups are fair game....but not Jews. Ever.

I didn't even castigate Jews about this apparent fraud. All I said in the OP is that I'm wondering how a government agency handles a situation like this where fraud and religion are tied in together...and I'm talking about the sensitivity of the issue, when politicians in the New York metropolitan area have to be sensitive to Jewish organizations. To pretend that this is just another welfare fraud case is ludicrous.

But of course, to a few posters in here, it's like I'm Ayatollah Desertdetroiter!

Old 09-25-2017, 11:01 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

Yep. agreed.

I don't think OP has said anything anti-Jewish at all.

He was talking about welfare fraud.

It looks like these people are accused of under-reporting their incomes over a period of several years to collect public-assistance benefits they weren’t entitled to receive.

I remember when I was in college, my sister dated an immigrant from a third world country. (nice guy) He invited us to his house. It was a three bedroom house in a nice area, but there were at least 15 people living under one roof. They were all very nice people, and according to him, every adult worked. They were also on welfare. I can never figure out how that works.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:23 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
They're basically a cult like the FLDS, who are also very adept at welfare fraud (they call it "bleeding the beast").

A lot of liberal Jews (like me) find them embarrassing.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:31 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:

come on. I read your angry posts how they use the tithe money, bilk blacks of their money in poor neighborhoods. Yes, I see the materialism of these evangelists. It is sickening to me.

I give to Samaritan's Purse who goes around the world and most of the money is actually spent on the people in need. I watch where I put my charity money.

I am from NJ and know Lakewood and see the Jewish people there. If they are guilty they will pay for their thievery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies