Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 06:54 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
A gun law is a gun law. Criminals don't obey laws. What about that FACT are you failing to understand?
what are you failing to understand about the statistics I posted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 06:54 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
That and the ammonium nitrate....

This is beyond fishy... I can't see any legitimate motive unless he really hated country music, or coincidence the pending house vote on suppressors and SHARE act...
Odd Clinton responded wasting no time at all...

I know I know... shouldn't drag the obscure beast in, she lost I know... odd how this seems to happen right before a house vote though on pro gun legislation.
And she jumps right on what's about to go to a vote... coincidence?

I smell a rat.

It seems like a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. And it is pure speculation... I'm not so daft to believe a 64 year old man who's supposedly apolitical wealthy and a high Roller in vegas... would just do this for chits and giggles. I'm having a really tough time wrapping my heads around the facts here... not saying false flag... I'm trying to look at all angles here. And nothing logical is coming to mind.

On the surface it's terrorism.

There's one plausible factor that I guess you could assume...
What was his health? Was he issued terminally ill with months to live?

I can't see a legitimate reason to compell anyone, with any grasp of reality, to carry out an attack like this...

Guess there's the official report and findings to get an idea... until then... speculation and conspiracy theories...

I can't picture anyone 64 years old. Toting in almost 400 pounds worth of weapons and ammo, with bomb building material in his car... Unless he really. Really... wanted to send a message...

If I were diagnosed stage 4 with months to live. I'd empty my bank accounts and go buy the cars of my dreams and cruise them up and down A1A. I'd do everything on my bucket list I wanted to achieve before dying. I would not ever, go postal. And bring others down with me. I'd live every last day to the fullest right up until the end.

I don't buy what they're selling either.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:57 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Name one thing in my comment that was over-the-top. Gun owners see carnage like Las Vegas and yet have no interest in even the slightest of gun control laws. That shows me they value their guns over lives of others. Tell me how there is any evidence gun owners are willing to have stricter gun laws in order to save lives.

And the commenter I was replying to explicitly said we should accept as the new normal that going to a market or any other public event should involve the risk of death by gunfire.
This: "Americans value their guns more than they do the lives of their fellow citizens."

This is simply a lie. They value freedom. They value rights. But not more than the lives of fellow citizens, but because they do value their fellow citizen's lives. They also value the lives of their family and their community.

There are already stricter gun laws in Chicago, yet thousands die every year. And last time I checked, there are strict laws against murder already. So what stricter gun law exactly would save lives?

Old 10-03-2017, 06:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Abortion is legal. Shooting people to death is not. There's a difference.
Guns are legal. So there you go.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:59 AM

995 posts, read 1,696,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
My own opinion is that wanting to own a firearm of this type is enough evidence of mental instability to disqualify a person from having one. That goes for all these guns that look like military weapons, especially those that can be converted to automatic fire.

Your opinion is ridiculous. I love when people want to start banning guns based on how scary they look. Who will be the scary gun police?

Old 10-03-2017, 07:00 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
what are you failing to understand about the statistics I posted?
Explain Chicago's shooting/murder rate, given all the anti-gun laws?

You can't. Why? Because CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY LAWS.

That's that FATAL flaw in your completely irrational logic.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:01 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,757,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Obviously you're clueless in your feeble attempt at attacking me trying to equate forfeiture of rights with slavery and revoking women's rights to vote. I actually chuckled at that thanks for the laugh!

As a matter of fact the only time I've been on a plane was a last minute thing when my father was dying. Not a fan of traveling by plane that whole altitude thing with the ears exploding... so again that's a moot argument.

Far as the suppressor issue goes. You clearly haven't handled or fired an AR with a suppressor. 90-100 rounds and it fails to cycle. You need to strip it down and clean it. If you knew how an AR15 operated you wouldn't be using one with a suppressor to carry out a heinous mass shooting spree... simple as that. Thats a fact. I've shot one in rapid fire succession and got 3 magazines in and halfway through the 4th it started jamming. The AR is a direct impingement system. It cycles gasses from the barrel up through a gas block and back through a tube to push the bolt carrier rear wards to eject the spent cartridge.

With a suppressor you're trapping the gasses in the suppressor and increasing the pressure going back to the bolt carrier and sending more carbon back with the gas. That carbon coats and fouls the gas block and gas tube.

In this situation a suppressor would have been a blessing as the gun would have jammed! Especially if it was one that makes it "silent" most suppressors only make the muzzle report quiet enough to be safe to the ears. But the more efficient the more quieter the silencer the more dirty the gun will run and the faster it would jam.

You're talking to someone who builds AR and AK platform rifles as a hobby. I know a thing or two. I compete in 3 gun competitions. USPSA. I hunt ravenous wild hogs in Okeechobee.

Further more. My cousin was on the ground when it took place. She thought multiple guns were being fired. Why? Because in an urban setting the acoustics reverberate off of the buildings etc in the area. It took police forever to locate the shooter...
You can't pinpoint the shooter in an urban environment like that very easily... you hear the crack of the bullet the muzzle blast and the echo. It would sound like it is coming from somewhere else based off of the echo. You need an ear for it.

Not trying to purposely make you look stupid...
I know you aren't trying to make me look stupid. You and I have had gun conversations before and taught me very politely many things about guns. However I do not understand your logic.

The bolded, so you don't fly so the restrictions for traveling don't bother you? So as long as it is something that doesn't hurt you or your family it is okay? I am not understanding how further restrictions on traveling would be a moot point because you don't fly?

You started by saying imagine your rights being taken away such as free speech. You have a right to bear arms. Again, times have changed, we must change with them. I am not a gun person (clearly) but have no qualms with someone wanting to defend their home.

There is no need for a single person to have a semi-automatic weapon, let alone as many as he did. The silencer, sorry even if it made the gun fail, he had over a dozen more.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:01 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,289,975 times
This whole issue is still a wide open book until the authorities can at least zero in on some motive or reason as to why this was carried out. They've found a stash of weapons which is evidence but no answer. No apparent ties to any terrorist organization. No prior history with the law. It's all still a big question mark, that truly will never be answered. Anyone who does this has something wrong upstairs, and the medical profession is a long ways away from understanding the human brain.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:02 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
THIS post is irrational! you know darn well she did not say he had a silencer.
Why are silencers even being mentioned here.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:03 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
As set of very stiff laws regulating how people can acquire weapons including shutting down the IRON PIPE LINE.
350 million firearms already out there. Pipe line, ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies