Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 08:46 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
*bold mine
Says the guy who says "this is how it will be"
The purpose of the background check is to insure that someone does not obtain a gun they can't legally possess, yes? That's covered, so what is the problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 08:52 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The purpose of the background check is to insure that someone does not obtain a gun they can't legally possess, yes? That's covered, so what is the problem?
That you're entirely un self-aware
You posted this
Quote:
Compromise is a two way street and it will never happen, when they say compromise what they mean is they want you to compromise.
Then made a "compromise" completely by yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie682 View Post
Sorry mentally ill people don't need access to assault rifles. Period. Crazy + assault rifle = mass shooting spree. Not very difficult to figure out. 500 people injured by one guy??? Damn soldiers in the military don't injure that many people at one time. These people were in Vegas on vacation at a concert not in Afghanistan.

Why do the nut jobs of the world always take innocent people with them???? Maybe a PSA is in order since gun control is never going to happen in this country. "Feeling psychotic or homicidal? Please take your assault rifle and only off yourself."

Better yet, drop them off in a war zone with a gun and some ammo instead of paying to house them in prison.
I think we can all agree someone that is dangerously mentally ill should not have a gun but you are opening a can of worms.

• What is the line between mentally ill and stable?
  • The medical profession typically has an anti gun attitude, even if they were able to set this bias aside how can you expect someone to not make determination to protect their ass?
  • Last but not least the most important issue of all. If someone is feeling a little nutty and owns guns they may not seek help.

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Background checks nationwide seems to be the big ticket item for the anti gun nuts. I'll go for it under the following conditions.

• It's instant.
  • Cost no more than the cost or running it, should be something like $5.
  • No registry, only the gun dealer will retain records and the government will need a warrant to get them.
In return for me compromising the compromise they will make is nationwide concealed carry without a permit.

Compromise is a two way street and it will never happen, when they say compromise what they mean is they want you to compromise.
I'll go one further.

Repeal the NFA and Hughes Amendment act.

Think they'd go for that?

Old 10-02-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Then made a "compromise" completely by yourself.
A compromise between two parties is where I give you something you want and you give me something I want. If it's only me giving up something that's not a compromise.

I've made my offer, what is yours?

Old 10-02-2017, 08:57 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
A compromise is where I give you something you want and you give me something I want. If it's only me giving up something that's not a compromise.
A compromise is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriam-Webster
Definition of compromise

1 a :settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions
*Key words have been bolded
Not one person making up some bull**** on the internet.

Quote:
I've made my offer, what is yours?
What are you trying to drag me into your fantasy for?

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Background checks nationwide seems to be the big ticket item for the anti gun nuts. I'll go for it under the following conditions.

• It's instant.
  • Cost no more than the cost or running it, should be something like $5.
  • No registry, only the gun dealer will retain records and the government will need a warrant to get them.
In return for me compromising the compromise they will make is nationwide concealed carry without a permit.

Why do you need concealed carry without a permit? What is the logic behind that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I wonder why?
Simple, they were using it for advocacy and possibly illegally. Go look it up.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:59 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
I think we can all agree someone that is dangerously mentally ill should not have a gun but you are opening a can of worms.

• What is the line between mentally ill and stable?
  • The medical profession typically has an anti gun attitude, even if they were able to set this bias aside how can you expect someone to not make determination to protect their ass?
  • Last but not least the most important issue of all. If someone is feeling a little nutty and owns guns they may not seek help.
Apparently not the GOP who just passed a bill allowing those who are severely mentally ill, those who are too ill to even manage their own affairs, to own guns. I think it is pretty well the first thing passed after the election. Afterall we wouldn't want to infringe on the gun rights of a hallucinating paranoid schizophrenic.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Why do you need concealed carry without a permit? What is the logic behind that?
Why do I need a permit? What is the logic behind that?

Thug A: "Hey let's go do an armed robbery"

Thug b: "I can't, my cocealed carry permit is expired"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies