Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2017, 02:23 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times

Advertisements

I don't even know why they bother with this feel good legislation ban these trigger gizmos. If someone plans on murdering people they won't bother with a bump stock they just convert a semi-auto to full auto plans and parts can be bought easily online or at gun shows.

If they ban the bump stock someone will will make a gizmo that goes on your hand with a spring in when the gun recoils it will push it back making your finger hit the trigger.

My opinion of these gizmo's they don't really allow you to shoot accurately or really that much faster then you can with your own finger in these videos they demonstration the difference between semi, bump stock, full auto. I think this man using the bump stock actually saved lives because he was not able to aim as well only spraying bullets. If anyone has ever shot full auto it's very difficult to keep the muzzle from climbing or on target. If you look in semi-auto you can fire more accurately and get more kill shots fast enough to kill lot of people. In fire fights between military units usually only use full auto to keep someone from firing while they maneuver to a better firing position. Direct firing from full auto is usually from a mounted gun like .50 cal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd9y8hHMUag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 02:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
Gun is not the problem. Man is the problem. But gun enhances the problem.

If Paddock lives in another strictly gun controlled society like Japan, China, England and Germany, he could still wreak havoc by planting bomb, crashing with truck or plane,...etc. But no way could he kill and hurt about 600 victims -- which is close to 10% of the toll in 911.

But we did find ways to prevent another similar tragedy to happen after 911. However, it seems that no politician is willing to do anything on the aftermath of Vegas mass shooting. We are just waiting for another mass shooting, most likely in a larger scale, to happen.

By that time, as usual we will just mourn the victims and hold vigil to show our solidarity. (But solidarity for what?)
exactly. We just will find ways to have snipers at the top of hotels keeping watch on people punching out windows. Then people will complain about even more militarized police forces...

Old 10-05-2017, 02:25 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I don't even know why they bother with this feel good legislation ban these trigger gizmos. If someone plans on murdering people they won't bother with a bump stock they just convert a semi-auto to full auto plans and parts can be bought easily online or at gun shows.

If they ban the bump stock someone will will make a gizmo that goes on your hand with a spring in when the gun recoils it will push it back making your finger hit the trigger.

My opinion of these gizmo's they don't really allow you to shoot accurately or really that much faster then you can with your own finger in these videos they demonstration the difference between semi, bump stock, full auto. I think this man using the bump stock actually saved lives because he was not able to aim as well only spraying bullets. If anyone has ever shot full auto it's very difficult to keep the muzzle from climbing or on target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd9y8hHMUag
I don't think aim was much of a factor here. the shooter just wanted to rain as much less as possible on a packed crowd a quarter mile or more away.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:26 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
Gun is not the problem. Man is the problem. But gun enhances the problem.

If Paddock lives in another strictly gun controlled society like Japan, China, England and Germany, he could still wreak havoc by planting bomb, crashing with truck or plane,...etc. But no way could he kill and hurt about 600 victims -- which is close to 10% of the toll in 911.

But we did find ways to prevent another similar tragedy to happen after 911. However, it seems that no politician is willing to do anything on the aftermath of Vegas mass shooting. We are just waiting for another mass shooting, most likely in a larger scale, to happen.

By that time, as usual we will just mourn the victims and hold vigil to show our solidarity. (But solidarity for what?)
If Paddock lived in a strict gun-controlled society, he would still find a way to get a gun. People like him don't value life, or law and order.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:27 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,531,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
<>Make illegal immigration against the law and it will stop.
<>
Motto!

Old 10-05-2017, 02:28 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They are. It's a Federal law that felons aren't supposed to possess guns. Just look at Chicago to see how that plays out in real life.
Back up and look at the big picture.

Unfortunately felons in the US have ready access to numerous weapons. The amount of guns floating around is staggering.

Crooks can get guns almost anywhere...but when there are less floating around...

Besides, this isn't about crooks. This is about gun laws that let a man buy an arsenal with no red flags prevent him from doing so.

The history of gun regulations in the US has created this mess. As I said, earlier, it's too late...or perhaps too late to see any real change in your lifetime.

The new normal.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:29 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,531,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Shooting people with guns should be against the law, to prevent such behavior.
<>
Works for drugs, alcohol, and tobacco, why not firearms, eh?
"There's a Bureau for that"

7,511 posts, read 4,358,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
You seem to have difficulty in understanding that conversations on the internet, and someone actually interfering with US policies, are two different things.

Let me break it down for you.

PEOPLE DISCUSS ALL SORTS OF TOPICS OUTSIDE THEIR POLITICAL JURISDICTIONS ALL THE TIME, ESPECIALLY ON INTERNET FORUMS.
Yeah, I know that. But you're trying to influence our policies of which you have no business doing. You don't live, work, vote, or pay taxes here.

I just resent it when foreigners interject themselves in our affairs. Sorry about that. I don't suggest how you run your country nor do I interject in your countries affairs on the internet or anywhere else. I guess I would expect the same from people such as yourself.

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Why would you need multiple guns for the same thing other than collection purposes?
That is like someone saying who knows nothing about golf "why do you need more than one club to hit a ball"?

Beyond that what does it matter how many guns someone owns , a person can only hold and shoot two at a time and they only do that in the movies. Just because you like a variety of guns doesn't make you more dangerous.

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
That's why I'm saying I think he could have killed many more if he actually had a large cap mag using a scope that was zeroed on the range he needed. News media wants to talk about bump stocks instead of the fact the guy should have never been able to buy any weapons to start with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies