Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 02:00 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Destroy this monster of a Tax law and maybe Dems will come to the table.
Even easier, Republicans control Congress, repeal the law that prevents Medicare from negotiating prescription drug prices, that is if you're really concerned with containing healthcare costs and not just keeping BigPharma and its well funded lobbyists happy.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:06 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
2018 is coming and Republicans just took health coverage from millions. Millions more will see cost increases. .
Please. For many millions of us self employed costs have gone up 150-200%. I have no sympathy for anyone who says costs will skyrocket.

We've been hit hard for the last 4 years.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:08 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,244,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
My point was insurance is to cover both preventive and catastrophic costs these days... that's why it can't just be seen as one or the other. Should it be that way? IDK, being healthy myself, I would be OK with catastrophic plans being out there again. But because they need healthy people to pay into the same risk pool as sick people (to keep costs lower for the sick people) that's why they had to take those options off the table. :/
Which is the point of my first post, they didn't have to go the route they did to try to control costs. If we would get off insurance and focus on drugs, hospitals, etc then we could get to real cost cutting.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Looks like a bunch of states are going to throw a monkey wrench into the Donald's MAGA healthcare plan! I guess it will go the way of Obama's Clean Air EOs.

U.S. states to file new suit challenging Trump healthcare subsidy cut
Trump won't care. The guy lives for lawsuits. Litigation is his favorite thing after McDonalds.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:10 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Which is the point of my first post, they didn't have to go the route they did to try to control costs. If we would get off insurance and focus on drugs, hospitals, etc then we could get to real cost cutting.
I agree with that in theory, and I think any reasonable person would conclude that addressing the cost of care upstream would fix everything else downstream. But doing that is harder than actually tinkering with insurance... that's why they went down this route.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:14 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
He tried. Several times. But Democrats blocked him again and again, with a unanimous vote of 48 Democrats (plus a few RINOs) voting NO.

Now he's doing what he has to, using the same methods his predecessor did: Executive Orders.

Don't like it? Call your Democrat senator and tell him to change his vote.
Gladly. As soon as the Republicans stop trying to push **** through congress and actually have conversations and include Democrats in the development of any bill. Given the ACA took months of discussion between both parties, anything the Republicans try to push through in days is beyond stupid.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:14 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,969,419 times
Couldn't Trump just be truthful and say that he wants to destroy Obamacare because it's part of his campaign to eradicate everything Obama did? This line about it "not being legal for the government to make these payments" is just another lie from this regime.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Couldn't Trump just be truthful and say that he wants to destroy Obamacare because it's part of his campaign to eradicate everything Obama did? This line about it "not being legal for the government to make these payments" is just another lie from this regime.
not a lie from this adminstration, the FACT is that the subsidies were ruled ILLEGAL by a federal court because congress did not appropriate the subsidies, obama did that on his own by ILLEGAL executive order.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:18 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,521,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I would be fine with this. This is not the right way to handle this.

Do it through legislation. Don't dismantle the system by intentionally sabotaging it and putting millions of people's health and lives at risk.

It's just creating confusion and instability in the Health Care market, and it is going to hurt real Americans.
Trump is an SOB, what do we expect. Am LOL at friends who voted for him, lost jobs and health care.

Now you know what the rest of us went through.

The constant bringing up Obama is a just sour grapes from a bunch of racists, who try to deny they aren't. We aren't stupid.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:19 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,665,551 times
Wish they'd find a Bipartisan solution to such an important issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies