Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 10:25 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That is your opinion.

Kelly shared his own grief. Do you know how painful it must be for him?

come on now. Maybe he just wants to serve his country, maybe he is not worrying about being fired.

An honorable man is a man who speaks the truth, that is exactly what Gen Kelly did today.
I don't like to discuss my personal business, but I will say this... I was an Army wife and I have plenty of family with distinguished military careers. Not all military people are republicans or conservatives. My grandfather served with honor in WWII and he was a lifelong democrat.

Quit assuming you know more than I do because you have experienced loss. You don't know what I have experienced.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:44 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't like to discuss my personal business, but I will say this... I was an Army wife and I have plenty of family with distinguished military careers. Not all military people are republicans or conservatives. My grandfather served with honor in WWII and he was a lifelong democrat.

Quit assuming you know more than I do because you have experienced loss. You don't know what I have experienced.
Can I give you a great big 'ol hug, nice come back.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I cannot help it you lie.
Lies...

A Trumpling specialty. Served up with a side of pig-headed ignorance.

Trump spews his BS and his followers swallow every ounce then come here to insist that it's delicious.

So desperate, yet amusing in a pitiful way.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What makes you think I didn't think about what you said?

Maybe you are the one who should think about what you said.
I did. I know EXACTLY what I said. I wasn't attacking Kelly. And, yet... you have zero problem making excuses for Trump's attack of a gold star family, by deflecting to the Democrats as the problem.

It doesn't work that way.

Trump was free to say "I disagree and I'm sorry he feels that way" and shut his mouth.

Instead, he attacked Mr. Khan.

Not cool. No way to spin it but inappropriate.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:58 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,436,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I did. I know EXACTLY what I said. I wasn't attacking Kelly. And, yet... you have zero problem making excuses for Trump's attack of a gold star family, by deflecting to the Democrats as the problem.

It doesn't work that way.

Trump was free to say "I disagree and I'm sorry he feels that way" and shut his mouth.

Instead, he attacked Mr. Khan.

Not cool. No way to spin it but inappropriate.
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Mr. Khan chose to let the Democrats shamefully use him and his sons death for political purposes. Once you decide to play politics with something you have to know you are in the fray with politicians.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:59 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,843,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Context is going to matter. Every one of us who signed up knew what we were signing up for. We still did it anyway. They do not hide the fact that you could end up in battle, that you could lose your life. I remember that part, distinctly. Every vet and current soldier knows it. It's not an insult. I'm going to bet that miss cowboy hat didn't want to tell the rest because it wouldn't have been anything to talk about.
The problem with your explanation is that is not what Trump claimed. Trump denied he made the statements.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Hillary should never have involved the Khans in her campaign. That was vile.

Trotting out the families of slain soldiers in a political campaign is about as vile as it gets imo. YMMV. Obviously you think its A OK to use these people and their grief to advance your candidate. That is vile imo.
The Khans were free to decline the offer.

Nobody held a gun to their heads or told them they would lose their job. That's more of a Trump tactic.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:25 AM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Lies...

A Trumpling specialty. Served up with a side of pig-headed ignorance.

Trump spews his BS and his followers swallow every ounce then come here to insist that it's delicious.

So desperate, yet amusing in a pitiful way.

You can deflect all you want, you lied....period end of story....

If you want to start a another thread, be my guest...until then, you lied.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:29 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,843,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It shows how his call's really go.
It doesn't address how the call might go just after being advised by Kelly on how the soldiers know what they were signing up for.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:45 AM

1,850 posts, read 1,137,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, it was a STUPID way of saying it and insensitive as Hell. Trump always has a problem coming up with appropriate words, so no amount of trying to defend it works here.
Seems like many of these boneheads here never served in the military, or know nothing about it. He was not just a soldier, but SPECIAL FORCES no less. Like the Seals, the casuality rate on missions is often very high.
Top risk assignments.He knew very damn well what he was getting into.

Yes, Trump was a little blunt with the widow, but it was the honest truth. Insensitive, perhaps, but true.

No worse that if it was Hillary with her phony canned blathering of fake sympathy.

OBTW, What the hell are we doing in Niger??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies