Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2017, 07:53 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am sorry, but I don't understand. can you explain?
I don't know how I could make it any clearer. Maybe you could point to the part that's confusing you.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:54 PM

23,648 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Another Day, Another person Trump make's an enemy, Rep. Frederica Wilson. A republican even. Maybe someone should give Trump a heads up, there's only a limited number of Congress representatives and Senators, once you make enemies of enough of them your impeachment is all but assured. It's not like the business world where there's an endless supply of suckers for you to use and abuse and still stay in business. It really doesn't matter if Trump is right or is telling the truth, when Trump wants to get some law passed in the future, he's not going to get any support from Frederica Wilson. Trump is not a long term planner, he's out for the win NOW, his prospects of holding onto his office for his full term are becoming less likely every day.
She's not a repub, she's a dem. And like a true dem she's now using the race card. Get blowback, throw the race card out there, it's what dems do best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Here is a phone call Trump made to a widow, Alreca. Now...which one of you lefties will be the first to admit you were wrong, and once again, believed a bunch of lies?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...a22_video.html'

That is how he talks to those families. This is a prime example of how he feels about vets and soldiers.
It was a very nice conversation. It is a good example of how Trump treats these calls, a pity it goes over the heads of some people...but hey, Trump doing well on one of those calls, it ruins the lefty narrative.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:55 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I don't know how I could make it any clearer. Maybe you could point to the part that's confusing you.
You said Kelly lost his honor yesterday,

I asked you why

Then you said something about

many high ranking folks who'd worked with him over the years.

What are you talking about?

Old 10-20-2017, 07:57 PM

Kelly seemed to be a man of integrity until yesterday.

Quote:
Why ?

serious question.
Your bolding of my post.

My answer:

He seemed to be a man of integrity because of the praise he received from many high ranking officials who had worked with him.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Kelly seemed to be a man of integrity until yesterday.

Your bolding of my post.

My answer:

He seemed to be a man of integrity because of the praise he received from many high ranking officials who had worked with him.
Oh okay.

The part I bold is this

Kelly seemed to be a man of integrity until yesterday

That means Kelly lost his honor/integrity yesterday, I would like to know why.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:59 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times
Quote:
Judging from your statement, you obviously haven't seen the congresswoman's speech.
I saw it and the fact you think I didn't leads me to believe you haven't seen it.

She spent one third of the speech grandstanding and patting herself on the back for fast tracking legislation through to have the building named after the agents in time for the dedication ceremony.

Which absolutely jives with General Kelly's statement that she made it all about herself albeit for a different reason.....i.e. naming the bldg. rather than funding the bldg.

She shouldn't have been talking about herself at all. If anything, Comey should have thanked her for fastracking the naming of the bldg. if she did.

Kelly got his facts mixed up for whatever reason. I suspect it will come out later that she claimed she got funding for the bldg. at some other point during the ceremony than her speech. We'll see.

This is a woman who today in an interview with CNN claimed that Sgt Johnson's buddies left him behind intentionally.

What a hideous thing to claim. I don't trust anything she says.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Oh okay.

The part I bold is this

Kelly seemed to be a man of integrity until yesterday

That means Kelly lost his honor/integrity yesterday, I would like to know why.
How was covered in post #957.

I can only speculate as to why. But it seems he's now just another tRump enabler, willing to lie and obfuscate to cover tRump's lies.

No one with integrity does that.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:

I can only speculate as to why. But it seems he's now just another tRump enabler, willing to lie and obfuscate to cover tRump's lies.

He didn't lie.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I saw it and the fact you think I didn't leads me to believe you haven't seen it.

She spent one third of the speech grandstanding and patting herself on the back for fast tracking legislation through to have the building named after the agents in time for the dedication ceremony.
She praised a number of Hosue and Senate Republicans for fast tracking the legislation for naming the FBI office building.
Quote:
Which absolutely jives with General Kelly's statement that she made it all about herself albeit for a different reason.....i.e. naming the bldg. rather than funding the bldg.
No it doesn't. If it did, the whole fiasco would be done now. It isn't.

Quote:
She shouldn't have been talking about herself at all. If anything, Comey should have thanked her for fastracking the naming of the bldg. if she did.
She went into great depth in praising the FBI agents in the 1986 shootout and recognizing the efforts of all first responders.

Quote:
Kelly got his facts mixed up for whatever reason. I suspect it will come out later that she claimed she got funding for the bldg. at some other point during the ceremony than her speech. We'll see.
The funding for the building was secured before she ever went to congress.
Quote:
This is a woman who today in an interview with CNN claimed that Sgt Johnson's buddies left him behind intentionally.

What a hideous thing to claim. I don't trust anything she says.
Of course you don't.

I wouldn't expect any Trumpling to.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:10 PM

487 posts, read 545,633 times
Quote:

I don't think that at all. He had enough and wanted to set the record straight. It came from his heart, and opened up about his own loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies