Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 08:41 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Liberal logic:

The USA and its allies launch a preemptive strike against NK.

Liberals.... “Trump just started WW3 and millions will die”.

NK launches a ballistic missle at US territories and it’s allies.

Liberals....”Why didn’t Trump do anything to stop NK and protect these innocent victims!”

Sorry but replace Liberals with Americans and the scenario works just as well.

Thing is, this is the reality we are in, how does one decide to shoot or not shoot someone you feel is a threat.
One cannot go around shooting everyone that they feel is a threat to them, nor can one wait 1 second longer than once the threat is about to shoot you. The tricky part is knowing when that moment has arrived, in the day to day world we all live in, make the right choice at the right moment you will be cheered, make it too soon and you will sent to prison, make it too late and you die.
Now, in your wisdom, when do we shoot?
Just Keep in Mind that no matter what your choice, Millions Will die.
Or, is there another choice all together, while of-course keeping the above choices in mind.
Not that simple, is it.
That is why we as a people need to elect the best and brightest among us to make those choices, too much rides on the outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 08:56 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
One of these uber tightly wound miniature monsters might press the wrong button.

A question is it not possible to take out the artillery pointed at Seoul SK with a couple targeted hits?

Old 10-31-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
One of these uber tightly wound miniature monsters might press the wrong button.

A question is it not possible to take out the artillery pointed at Seoul SK with a couple targeted hits?
No it is not. I was on the DMZ, camp Greaves, 1/31st Inf Reg.
Those rail guns, and they are Big ones are in deep caves in the mountains all along the DMZ, there is no way to hit them all or even most of them before they leveled Soul which is only 48 miles away. Any attack would result in Millions of dead in Soul and other South Korean cities in towns. The NK's may be lots of bad things, but one thing they are ready for is war, in fact we are technically still at war with NK. The South would win, so long as China or Russia do not interfere, they could win without our help though it would take longer, the problem is the cost.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Those rail guns, and they are Big ones are in deep caves in the mountains all along the DMZ, there is no way to hit them all or even most of them before they leveled Soul which is only 48 miles away. Any attack would result in Millions of dead in Soul and other South Korean cities in towns. The NK's may be lots of bad things, but one thing they are ready for is war, in fact we are technically still at war with NK. The South would win, so long as China or Russia do not interfere, they could win without our help though it would take longer, the problem is the cost.
If they used nuclear weapons would it make a difference?

Old 10-31-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
If they used nuclear weapons would it make a difference?
You would have to nuke the entire DMZ and that would leave the north with it's strike back capabilities and it is not feasible for several reasons. Huge numbers of Civilians and soldiers would have to be moved back and that would result in NK attacking first. To do as you suggest and be successful we would have to destroy most of NK, and such an attack would bring China and most likely Russia into the fight and they have the capability to destroy this Nation, as we do theirs, with no winners.
I wish there were a simple answer, but there simply isn't. Now the Best answer would be to get China to deal with them, but what price do we pay in exchange, The South China Sea, Taiwan, how about South Korea and maybe Japan? should be interesting to see what comes of trumps visit to China, somehow I think they are ready and waiting for him, they will be happy to make a deal, but on their terms. We shall see.....

Old 10-31-2017, 09:20 PM

Thanks for the thoughts and expertise.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:23 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
JDAMs and moabs wouldn't work?

Old 10-31-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
JDAMs and moabs wouldn't work?
Most are too deep and even then you would have to hit most of them on the first strike and that would be highly unlikely, not to mention as I said, many of their strike capabilities, especially missiles, are spread all over the northern part of the country. This is not Iraq, they are ready to fight a war to the death and have been so since the 50's, there would be massive casualties, including Americans and it would not end in weeks unless the nukes fly in both directions. Korea is not a place you want to fight a war, especially as a ground pounder, valleys surrounded by hills, hot as hell in the summer and colder than Pluto in the winter, ask any Korean Vet, the entire country is a Killing Field.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:34 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Seems to me the best answer is to ask China to occupy NK and in fact just absorb them into China. South Korea becomes Korea and the war is over.

BTW thanks for your insight, I’m sure you had something me amazing experiences over there.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Seems to me the best answer is to ask China to occupy NK and in fact just absorb them into China. South Korea becomes Korea and the war is over.

BTW thanks for your insight, I’m sure you had something me amazing experiences over there.
I agree, get China to deal with it, just make a good deal to get it done.

Thanks. Loved my time there, liked the People a lot, respected their soldiers highly. I went back 5 years ago on Business and spent some time looking around at some of my old haunts and a few new ones, Great Country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies