Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2017, 10:11 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times

Advertisements

How did Obama, Bush etc allow this to happen?

It's unbelievable really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 10:30 AM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
War is the only option now.

Say your prayers fellow Americans. This ain't gonna be pretty and nothing at all like Iraq/Afghanistan if we do go to war.

Our current Xbox playing, selfie obsessed, and obese generation of fighting age men and women will NOT have the stomach to fight the kind of brutal and prolonged battle a Korean peninsula campaign would require.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-kor...130600258.html

Old 11-29-2017, 10:51 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Oh, here is a serious reply for you OP.

Threads like this have been going on for a decade or so here (or at least that's how far the search function goes back.)

You can hilariously see all the old threads where the partisans employed the same blame game and fear tactics we see today.

I'm sure if you're especially industrious you can spot some of the worst forum posters completely contradicting their positions now that the president is of another party.

Look at early 2009, thread after thread about Obama being weak because they're testing nukes and launching missiles.
LMAO, sound familiar?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...9&pp=30&page=7

Old 11-29-2017, 11:16 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Say your prayers fellow Americans. This ain't gonna be pretty and nothing at all like Iraq/Afghanistan if we do go to war.

Our current Xbox playing, selfie obsessed, and obese generation of fighting age men and women will NOT have the stomach to fight the kind of brutal and prolonged battle a Korean peninsula campaign would require.

It would require forcibly drafting everyone under the age of 40. Considering those are people in prime working and breeding years, that'd effectively cause the USA to go extinct. Because let's face it, if it's a situation that required a draft to wage war against North Korea, people would only be coming home in bags.

The rich people allowed to weasel out of the draft wouldn't be enough to repopulate the nation.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:24 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

And that would make them different from their forebears exactly how, might I ask?

You do know the Korean conflict ended in a draw after a mere three years of to and fro battle with the U.S. having had enough and suing for an armistice and a technical draw, do you not?

Armistice ends the Korean War - Jul 27, 1953 - HISTORY.com

Technically a U.N. operation, it was nevertheless the U.S. that printed the marching orders, set the order of battle, the ROE's, the scale of response and also the "we've had enough and need to get out of this chit now" mandate. The first of the 'limited engagement wars' that ended up costing way more than they delivered.

Now, how long have those X-box playing millenials been over there in 'AfghanIraqistan' again? Oh yeah, over 16 years and counting!

Old 11-29-2017, 12:21 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
Should invade North Korea already.
I don't think they should.
Back in August China has said that if the US strikes first they will back NK and if NK strikes first they will stay neutral. This is where Trump and his administration needs to tread carefully.

On another note they have the Olympics in S. Korea in February.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
All kinds of rumblings around the world. Here's the latest.

Mattis: Cooperation urgent on 'accelerated' NK threat - CNNPolitics

Naval blockade on its way.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:41 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I don't think they should.
Back in August China has said that if the US strikes first they will back NK and if NK strikes first they will stay neutral. This is where Trump and his administration needs to tread carefully.

On another note they have the Olympics in S. Korea in February.
and China will kick our ***, again.

It's impossible to win a war with China in their backyard.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:53 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
I'm not worried about Rocket Man. We can squash him like a bug.

I am more concerned with natural disasters and have plenty of supplies just in case, not only in my home but in my car. I have a fear of running out of water and toilet paper!

Old 11-29-2017, 07:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I'm not worried about Rocket Man. We can squash him like a bug.

I am more concerned with natural disasters and have plenty of supplies just in case, not only in my home but in my car. I have a fear of running out of water and toilet paper!
As You should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies