Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that conversion therapy can make a gay person straight?
Yes, the power of prayer combined with Christian counseling can make a gay person straight 16 10.81%
No, sexual orientation is unchangeable and conversion therapy is ineffective at best and dangerous at worst 132 89.19%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 09:37 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yeah, I don't believe bi-sexual exists, I always considered that, well, we won't go there, but along the lines of "anyone" to get the job done.
Well, yea, when you deny things that obviously and quantifiably do exist to try to make your argument work you might want to consider that there might be a flaw in your beliefs rather than in reality itself. As long as you are going to sit here and deny that things exist that obviously do there really is not any point in discussion. Of course, not sure why I would expect consistency of thought from a "Christian" who thinks the New Testament is a corruption of the Christian faith, talk about a catch 22! LMAO, what a mess, a philosophical trainwreck.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 11-09-2017 at 10:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 09:50 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Jesus was sent to us because we are sinful, because we cannot follow gods law. The Old Testament is more about he law. However that does not mean God the son freed us from following Old Testament law other than some of the ceremonial stuff he directly addressed in the New Testament. That means the Ten Commandments still stand as do all the other laws in the Old Testament. This includes those on homosexuality. The good news of Jesus is that we are saved, the sins paid for on the cross. All sinners are offered salvation through Jesus, even homosexuals who repent. Also the New Testament does make mention of homosexual sins, just not as harshly as it is mentioned in the Old Testament.
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Did you miss that part of the Bible?

Old 11-09-2017, 09:51 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
You're either attracted to the opposite sex or the same sex. It's that simple. You can't learn it. If you're a straight male that finds being with the same sex repulsive, can you learn to be gay? Can you get aroused by being around another man if you tried? Ask yourself that question and get back to us.
Exactly!

Old 11-09-2017, 10:03 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham;50078985[B
]Your lust has blinded you[/b]. God rejects homosexual behavior. Your modern psycho babble has ruined a society.

So you know who I'm attracted to?(I don't recall posting that)

Been married to the same woman for 20+ years and have remained faithful.(Not that its any of your business)

You are confusing your beliefs with facts.(two different things). You sound extremely ignorant and stupid when you make declarations such a "God rejects".

Psycho babble? You mean technical terms not found in your bible. The bible thumpers are a dying breed which is a good thing.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:15 AM

128 posts, read 97,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Do you believe that ex-gay conversion therapy works?

No I do not. You could not convert me from straight to gay.
To borrow a post from Page 1: "With God, anything is possible"

Old 11-09-2017, 10:16 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Did you read the articles?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/de...ersion-therapy
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/supreme...n-therapy-ban/

Yeah, I don't believe bi-sexual exists, I always considered that, well, we won't go there, but along the lines of "anyone" to get the job done.

But, many have found the "reparative" therapy to be useful. And, yes, many want it banned. If one must change the world to justify themselves whatever, surely it isn't hard to see where the issue lies.

And, yes, they do want it banned. I see this as a fear that they will be expected by family/friends to undergo it. That is a personal issue and should be a choice.

Many think that Jesus rewrote the law, just kind of dropped the old laws, that was not his purpose for those that believed in him (which I do not) Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. Again that is for those that want to bring Jesus into the conversation because without religion as a scapegoat...............
Remember how happy you were about the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity?

"Well, everyone was crying about election fraud, so now we have a commission on that which is a great idea!"

How did that work out? Join in the discussion! American history is clear: Presidents who lose the popular vote don't win popular support.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:27 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Did you miss that part of the Bible?
Nothing in his post was judging anyone. Seems like that's the part people like to throw out when they want you to ignore other parts of the Bible.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:29 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Believing and trusting God is not ignorance. I realize many of the so called “progressive “ types here on CD are residents of large northern and coastal cities where my beliefs are ridiculed so I will take this comment with a grain of salt. Just know that much of America still agrees with what I said and that is why there are more red states than blue, that is why congress and the White House are in the hands of republicans and that is why you have seen this huge backlash against the liberal PC culture. There are still a lot of Christian people who believe what I do. I do not believe nor will I ever accept the left wing narrative of how our future will be, especially on this issue, or any other for that matter. I will not rest or be silent until traditional American values are restored and the cancer of liberalism is cut out of this nation. You say I am ignorant for believing in God and promoting the values of the Bible, I say you are foolish and lost for not following God.
I know that a lot of people think like you. I know all too well. That's why there are places like Oklahoma. That is why Trump is so popular.

I want to ask you though, what would you do with gay people? In this supposed "Bible-based" society, what would be the punishment if it was found out somebody is gay? What about for missing church or going to a church that isn't fundamentalist?

Old 11-09-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
More nonesense from the religious right about false doctrine. Last time I checked, Rome's Bible is pretty much the same as everyone else's containing a New and Old Testament. Rome has been around a couple thousand years longer than any Evangelical Christians have been so I find it funny some people think they know what the correct brand of Christianity is. In fact, even in the days of Henry VIII, Evangelicals were considered heretics by the new Anglican Church, yet now in the U.S., Evangelicals think they have a monopoly on Christianity and only they know what Jesus wants.....Oh the irony.
No, actually the versions are significantly different. Not in disagreement with you about U.S. evangelical Christianity either but that doesn't make Roman Christianity correct. Ultimately, both are more similar to each other than different as both have abandoned belief in God's law.

Sorry to break it to you but I'm not part of the the religious right. Not a orthodox or mainstream Christian either. Nice try though.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
The Old Testament is not about Jesus. Christianity has been corrupted by the New Testament and abandoning God.
The Godhead is active throughout Old and New Testaments. That includes Jesus. New Testament is a integral part of Christianity. Both Testaments are key.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies