Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that conversion therapy can make a gay person straight?
Yes, the power of prayer combined with Christian counseling can make a gay person straight 16 10.81%
No, sexual orientation is unchangeable and conversion therapy is ineffective at best and dangerous at worst 132 89.19%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 12:39 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
When will you repent from your evil ways!?!?
When brussel sprouts freeze over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 12:40 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
You'd be surprised how many liberals out there advice young people to be out and proud. Homelessness among lgbt kids are the highest because often times they have no where to go after they got kicked out. My fiance luckily was taken in by his grandparents.

We met when he had just finished high school. For the first couple years we were together, I often woke up in the middle of the night finding him crying in his sleep.

Christians claim to have the moral high ground, yet they neglect to consider the psychological impact of abandoning their children.
I'm curious where you're hearing this. What I most often hear is the pragmatic advice. Yes, out and proud is great but don't compromise your access to food and shelter just to come out.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:46 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
question for those who think it works: could YOU be persuaded to change your sexual orientation?

if you say 'no' well then, there's your answer to whether intervention works or not.

Good question those that are heterosexual males and believe so must then believe by default they could be persuaded to crave dick.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:02 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I do not believe that gay conversion therapy works. I know a woman who had to go through it and it definitely didn't work for her. It took her years to recover from it (apparently it was very abusive) but she and her wife just bought a new house. Not for me to judge.
Good to hear she was able to recover. That gives me hope as I seriously wonder about my ability to actually have a relationship (I want one someday). I would say that I lost a decade of my life when you consider not just the conversion therapy but the years in which I was an emotional and mental train wreck because of it.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:05 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Aghhhh!!! Perish the thought.
With that amount of angst over something as trivial as brussels sprouts - it's clear you need therapy!

Old 11-08-2017, 01:16 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,524,492 times
Default Do you believe that ex-gay conversion therapy works?

I believe that having all the agenda in schools as young as 6th grade, 11 year olds, about transgender, assigned at birth, gay, lesbian, and qu eer (LBQT)mess with 11 year old minds. Having groups , clubs, and teachings of it off of an agenda.
Thats Just as bad as teaching one not to be gay if they claim to be.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:24 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
This thread is making excuses for abnormal behavior. Your rear end was not made for such an unseemly act.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:24 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,792,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I believe homosexuality is not a choice and I believe God created homosexuals just as He created heterosexuals.
I don't see why we would even expect God to recognize "gay" or "straight", since the Bible says nothing about sexual orientation. It only mentions sexual behaviors that were prohibited: a man sleeping with countless women and a man sleeping with another man are both called sins. As a matter of fact, homosexual behavior was quite common in ancient times.

So, no, I don't believe you can "pray gay away" anymore than you can other sexual urges, but you do have control over who you sleep with.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:25 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,524,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I had a friend in high school who was bi. He dated guys during college and then eventually settled down into a heterosexual marriage to a woman. Conversion therapy proponents use situations like this as evidence that orientation can be changed but in reality it has nothing to do with conversion therapy and everything to do with the fact that the guy was bisexual.

Also, high school is a very confusing time for a lot of people and some people don't know what they want or who they are at that age.
I agree. And schools lib agenda is messing kids up so much in this area.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:29 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Anything? Really?
All things are possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies