Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 06:32 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Most rape allegations are true

Most rape allegations are not even reported

These are based on statistics/facts

If you think 4 women are lying, then you must think multiple women lied on bill Cosby, Weinstein etc
4 Women have not claimed he raped them..............Good Grief

Old 11-09-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So far, only McCain has called for Moore to be disqualified.

All the rest who've spoken out have given lukewarm statements along the lines of "IF THIS IS TRUE, he should withdraw."

Another chance for the GOP to show just a little bit of guts to denounce a child molester, and instead they punted.

There's a word for guys like that.

Without a Trial? Are you listening to yourself?

Old 11-09-2017, 06:33 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So far, only McCain has called for Moore to be disqualified.

All the rest who've spoken out have given lukewarm statements along the lines of "IF THIS IS TRUE, he should withdraw."

Another chance for the GOP to show just a little bit of guts to denounce a child molester, and instead they punted.

There's a word for guys like that.

That shows me they understand that people deserve due process and that some people make accusations for political or monetary reasons, or that some accused are not guilty. Now, I believe Moore is probably guilty, because I've watched him for a very long time and think he's slimy, but he still deserves due process on this particular accusation.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:34 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Some of them have. McCain being the best of them who flat out said the allegations alone justify him leaving the race. Others pulled the "Well, we have to see". Cornyn wouldn't disavow Moore and said it's up to the Alabama government to decide what to do about this.

But, I was referring to State officials in Alabama. Several have either used Joseph and Mary to justify Moore's behavior, said it's no big deal, or said even if he was 100% proven to be a child molester, they'd still support him.
The Biblical Joseph and Mary were engaged to be married- was Moore going to marry these girls?

They shouldn't be using religion to excuse a sexual predator.

Wouldn't God have a problem with them actively supporting a person who has sinned but not repented of the sin?

Old 11-09-2017, 06:36 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
I've noticed the double standard. Conservatives have no issue with Weinstein and Spacey being guilty, since they come from Hollywood.

But they're quick to defend Roy Moore.
The guy frying my hamburger and the guy making war and laws are two different people....

If Roy Moore were a good musician or entertainer this wouldn't be a story. Look at Ted Nugent - didn't he rape 14 year olds.....well, this brings me to our POTUS....

Point is, we should expect more from top gubment officials.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:37 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Guilty until proven innocent.......Signed the Left!
Hillary Clinton is guilty until proven innocent.....Signed, the Right.

Good for the goose, good for the gander.
The fact is, neither one of them will ever be tried ina court of law. Moore's charges would all have expired time limits, and there won't ever be any proof Clinton did anything illegal.

So the ballot box will be Moore's trial in the court of public opinion, just as it was for Clinton.

here could be a civil penalty for Moore; the Senate could always refuse his credentials, even if he won the election.Without them, Moore could never be seated in the Senate. This hasn't been done for over 100 years, but it still could be.

Last edited by banjomike; 11-09-2017 at 06:49 PM..

Old 11-09-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I've noticed the double standard. Conservatives have no issue with Weinstein and Spacey being guilty, since they come from Hollywood.

But they're quick to defend Roy Moore.
I have a big problem with that, but they also aren't public officials. That said, I think those men deserve a fair evaluation before suddenly being deemed guilty.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:40 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
4 Women have not claimed he raped them..............Good Grief
4 UNDERAGE women claim he has relationships with them

You do know that’s statutory rape?

Old 11-09-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Hillary Clinton is guilty until proven innocent.....Signed, the Right.
As I say to our Cons, two wrongs do not equate to a right. There is a system in place to deal with these issues, neither the Press or Internet is the place to determine guilt, but yet a whole lot of my fellow Libs are eager to jump on the Bandwagon. Grab a torch and pitchfork and off we go...........

Old 11-09-2017, 06:46 PM

I think people need to admit, not everyone on their own side is a good guy. There are good and bad guys across the board. Just as people like Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy and Robert Byrd were particularly bad guys on the Democrat side, Roy Moore is a bad guy on the Republican side. Given his age, I'd bet willing to bet Moore was probably a Democrat in his youth and I'd be the house his parents were Democrats in all their corruption.

Defending an obviously bad guy doesn't achieve anything. Sometimes, one must cut losses and cut bad guys free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies