Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 07:07 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
All of you discussing this fable, do understand its a fable, right?
For Christians, it's not. However, since a supposedly Evangelical type used it as a defense of Moore's behavior, you would think he'd at least get his Biblical stories correct if he's going to use them to defend child molestation.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:08 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
I hope Luther Strange brings in a write in campaign and vindicates the President!

Old 11-09-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
And, therefore, all Republicans everywhere believe that? You do see the failure in your logic don't you?
I didn't say all Republicans believe that. I'm aware not all Republicans are as morally repugnant as your typical Alabama conservative. However, McCain is the only person who has definitely called this guy to step down.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:09 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Breitbart scooped the WashingPoo by running a story saying the Leftist owner Jeff Bezos' blog was planning to smear Moore. Bannon also predicted this. An excellent and obvious point:

“The Judge has been a candidate in four hotly-contested statewide political contests, twice as a gubernatorial candidate and twice as a candidate for chief justice. He has been a three-time candidate for local office, and he has been a national figure in two ground-breaking, judicial fights over religious liberty and traditional marriage,” said the statement.

After over 40 years of public service, if any of these allegations were true, they surely would have been made public long before now.”
Of course. After all, the allegations against Weinstein are only about his behavior just lately, right? But, wait... weinstein isn't nearly the successful, high powered person that moore is, weinstein has never done anything that makes him a national figure, so that is all different, right? Or, is it just hypocrisy to say "the judge" couldn't possibly be guilty of such a thing. hmmmm?

Old 11-09-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I hope Luther Strange brings in a write in campaign and vindicates the President!
Don't think he can, and it would benefit the Democrat since it would split the Republican ticket.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:10 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,149,016 times
Quote:
No, as a student of history and political science, I don't accept that pop version of history. The Republican party has always stood for the value of the individual, the rule of law, private property and general free enterprise.

Meanwhile, the Democrats have always been the party of Slavery, of Jim Crow and the KKK and currently inner city plantations.

The GOP was founded on the belief that the individual is important, as it still stands. Your ignorant pop history doesn't hold a candle.
Okay whatever makes you feel better. Doesn’t take away from what they were then and today.

And as a history major, you really shouldn’t be selective of it. Johnson, was the president to pass the civil right act but his 20 years in congress along with most of congress opposed civil right laws

Based on history they all implemented racist laws, both parties benefited off of racism and were racist.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:12 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I didn't say all Republicans believe that. I'm aware not all Republicans are as morally repugnant as your typical Alabama conservative. However, McCain is the only person who has definitely called this guy to step down.
I'm not going to go back through all these pages, but your original position was basically that Republicans are all repugnant for defending someone like Moore. Many of us do not, and I venture to say the majority of us do not. There are many Republicans like myself, who are not religious at all and think people like him are terrible for the party and for the country. I would say the President is one.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:13 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,531,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Actually, this charge against the 14 year old has no statute of limitations in Alabama, so technically he can go to jail for it. How you definitely prove it in court is the bigger issue.
No statute of limitations for sex with a minor in Alabama, but your opening is a bit confused.
There is no way to bring any evidence to bear on the case so it would just be testimony by the woman and her mother.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:14 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
Yeah then the Leftists will really lose (what little is left) of their minds. Heck it wouldn't surprise me if some of you more unhinged leftists tried to assassinate him. You've done it before with Congressman Scalise.
So, if the attacker who shot up the republican ball game is representative of all those on the left... then the guy who shot up the church on sunday is representative of the "war on christianity", right? And, the guy who shot up the church in Charleston is representative of all those on the right, too. The logical connections are equivalent.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to go back through all these pages, but your original position was basically that Republicans are all repugnant for defending someone like Moore. Many of us do not, and I venture to say the majority of us do not. There are many Republicans like myself, who are not religious at all and think people like him are terrible for the party and for the country. I would say the President is one.
No, I just think most of the Republican party is morally bankrupt over their views and positions on most things. Tax cuts for the filthy rich while screwing over the middle-class. Taking away people's health care to benefit the wealthy, their opposition to minorities. And yes, their seemingly endless display of self-righteous hypocrisy like the Moore case.

Doesn't mean they're all morally bankrupt on the same things. Some are fine to raise taxes on families to give massive tax cuts to billionaires. Others are happy to support child molesters like Roy Moore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies