Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 06:51 PM

18,472 posts, read 7,116,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Another Trumpet who thought they were asking a clever question, but which isn't really very clever at all.

Let's say I go out and buy an AR-15 to defend myself against the Trump Nazi regime. Then the day comes when aforementioned Trump Nazi regime comes after me. When they do, they will come after me with a whole army armed with machine guns, tanks, etc., with air force reinforcements and who knows what else. My little AR-15 will be the most pathetic little thing against all that.

Knowing all that, it's not worth it to even pretend I can defend myself against all that. That AR-15 would be a complete waste of money. Anyone who thinks they're defending themselves against government takeover by buying some rifles, guns and whatnot is living in a libertarian fantasy world.

Too much collateral damage would result if the government used tanks, air force etc.

How many communities do you know of that are 100% politically homogeneous?

Old 02-21-2018, 06:54 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,996,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So libs can’t name a single gun law that would have prevented the Florida shooting. What a surprise
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Raise the age of firearm sales to 25.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Any other brilliant ideas?

Umpqua Community College shooting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umpqua...llege_shooting
Quote:
The Umpqua Community College shooting occurred on October 1, 2015, at the UCC campus near Roseburg, Oregon, United States. Chris Harper-Mercer, a 26-year-old enrolled at the school, fatally shot an assistant professor and eight students in a classroom. Eight others were injured. Roseburg police detectives responding to the incident engaged Harper-Mercer in a brief shootout. After being wounded, he killed himself by shooting himself in the head. The mass shooting was the deadliest in Oregon's modern history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
What a stupid argument. Would you prefer 30 then?

We're talking about public school shootings here, which are being done by teenagers. The Florida shooter bought his AR-15 legally. Maybe you like teenagers running around with semi-auto rifles, but I don't.
I agree, its a stupid argument. You were asked how to stop school shootings. You responded to raise the age limit to 25, when meanwhile 25 vs 26 makes no difference since this kid was 19. Within a minute I was able to search Google and find a school shooting carried out by a 26 year old, showing that your idea was obviously pretty flawed, so yes I agree, your argument was pretty stupid. And no 30 doesn't work, I've already proven that some arbitrary age limit doesn't stop school shootings as you tried to imply.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:58 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,600,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
There lies the problem.

Party over country is what the GOP has chosen to do.
How do you resist them without guns?

Old 02-21-2018, 06:59 PM

45,548 posts, read 60,783,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I'm sorry but finding a new gun can't be that hard.
So you really have no clue about what you want to do?

You didn't answer my question, which wasn't about my "finding a new gun".

Old 02-21-2018, 07:00 PM

20,891 posts, read 9,595,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Too much collateral damage would result if the government used tanks, air force etc.

How many communities do you know of that are 100% politically homogeneous?
Given some of the rhetoric coming out of the right these days about big, liberal cities, I wouldn't be surprised if The Trump Nazi Regime came after "us" with tanks, bombers, etc.

But, we're only dealing with a hypothetical (and extremely unlikely) situation, so I see no reason why I can't make as many assumptions in this hypothetical as the OP made.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:01 PM

20,891 posts, read 9,595,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Have you not read a single response in this thread??

For starters, start reading history circa 1989.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:02 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,817,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Vote them out duh. That's what the system is for. I won't understand how people will put themselves to vote for someone who's loyal to the party only and not the constituents.

You think you resist by going to the Capitol armed and forcing them out? Lol

Old 02-21-2018, 07:04 PM

13,248 posts, read 21,867,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I agree, its a stupid argument. You were asked how to stop school shootings. You responded to raise the age limit to 25, when meanwhile 25 vs 26 makes no difference since this kid was 19. Within a minute I was able to search Google and find a school shooting carried out by a 26 year old, showing that your idea was obviously pretty flawed, so yes I agree, your argument was pretty stupid. And no 30 doesn't work, I've already proven that some arbitrary age limit doesn't stop school shootings as you tried to imply.
Some logic there. You found one guy that died wearing a seatbelt, and want to repeal the seatbelt law.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:04 PM

5,118 posts, read 2,062,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Might as well ban revolvers too, they fire one round every pull of the trigger. Two 7 shot 686's 14 rounds, some speed loaders and practice and the rate of fire will be up there.
Don't forget chain saws, hammers, axles, baseball bats with rusted nails, pitches and forks.

Btw, I wonder if these gun control advcates will react like trigglypuff about what former Sheriff David Clarke had said about these protestors? David Clarke: Fla. students' gun control push has 'George Soros' fingerprints all over it' | TheHill

Old 02-21-2018, 07:07 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,847,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Don't forget chain saws, hammers, axles, baseball bats with rusted nails, pitches and forks.

Btw, I wonder if these gun control advcates will react like trigglypuff about what former Sheriff David Clarke had said about these protestors? David Clarke: Fla. students' gun control push has 'George Soros' fingerprints all over it' | TheHill
Who cares what David Clarke says about anything? I certainly don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies