Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 05:28 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times

Advertisements

2nd Admin fanatics are so quick to get riled and quip 'from my dead, cold hands" ... but seldom if ever do they have any solution or even positive input on how to keep our children safe in schools.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:29 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
The government is not going to "take away your guns." Far too much money is made selling them, and they are useful for manipulating gun nuts into voting against their own self-interests via the threat of "taking away your guns." Too many gun owners are owned BY their guns, and will gladly vote for leaders who will impoverish and destroy them based on the worthless promise of "letting you keep your guns."

It is pathetic how sane gun control laws are fought tooth and claw by people who irrationally think that everyone has the right to own an arsenal, regardless of their actions or mental state. The 2nd Amendment does NOT support that position, nor does basic common sense.

The sheer level of paranoia from the far-right on this topic is absurd. We need jobs, healthcare, infrastructure, and countless other things before we need a pile of guns, and if a civilian really thinks a gun is one of the most important things in his life, he is either delusional or should be saving to move to a better part of town vs. buying arsenals that will ultimately fail to defend him anyway.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:38 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What makes the seizures of guns and bump stocks ect... is that people who abide by the law will be the only ones giving up the AR 15’s and the bump stocks.

I’m not a gun owner nor am I a gun expert. But this just seems really dumb.
Of course, it's really dumb. If gun control laws actually worked, no one would ever be shot and killed in "gun-free zones" like schools, college campuses, movie theaters, etc.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:39 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Interesting timeline... seems like mental disorder or history of violence is the common thing.

These stores need to stop thinking about profits and start being more strict. Just like when banks were handing out loans to anyone and without money down. No good.

https://twitter.com/issyelliot/statu...10453379944448
The biggest issue I find is typically these people do actions that should raise a red flag yet nothing happens. Often these threats of being a potential risk aren't serious or credible enough even if reported. I have stated this through out my posts the last six days. To not realize this is an issue.

The biggest issue I see is that mental issues in it of itself may not rule a personal ineligible of buying a gun. However if there are enough calls (say 19) that there is a credible thought and the local police force cannot make the call to remove guns from their residency, there is a problem.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:39 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Of course, it's really dumb. If gun control laws actually worked, no one would ever be shot and killed in "gun-free zones" like schools, college campuses, movie theaters, etc.
True, and if laws worked, murder, robbery, drug sales, car theft, arson etc wouldn't happen.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:40 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
They aren't going to gut or change the 2nd amendment, and they aren't take away guns. There's no point beating that inflammatory dead horse, which only draws attention away from the real discussions.

The bigger question is: If persons in law enforcement and in government don't lift a finger to try and solve these national issues, are people going to have to rise up in force to get their attention?
And that doesn't mean rise up with weapons, but rather put incredible heat, pressure, and attention on them so they can't live without it in their faces, unable to look away and ignore.
The even bigger question is why does it take school shootings to mobilize the activists? Over 5,000 people have been murdered by guns in Chicago over the past 10 years *sound of crickets*.

This tells me a lot about these hypocrites.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:41 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Interesting timeline... seems like mental disorder or history of violence is the common thing.

These stores need to stop thinking about profits and start being more strict. Just like when banks were handing out loans to anyone and without money down. No good.

[rl]https://twitter.com/issyelliot/status/965710453379944448[/url]
These stores? Do you not know how any sales based businesses work? They don't have private detectives tracking thier clientele.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:43 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
No one is coming for your guns take your meds.

These type threads put the lie that we are the "Home of the Brave".

If anything these guys sound like scared pre-k school girls and boys.

"Mommy, there is a monster in my closet and it's coming for me. I'm scared."

No wonder they need their guns for psychological support.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:46 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
A ban on semi automatic weapons is the correct decision. Fat losers go hunting with semi autos because they are to stupid to practice with regular rifles.

Sick kids spent their days on instagram and YouTube watching gun videos between their masturbation sessions. They are taught that ‘guns’ are a cultural power statement. The bigger the better.

Right wingers that say “more guns” are mostly unsuccessful people who already have criminals in their family.

The best is the idiots who say it would do nothing. You know mental illness exists everywhere? That they don’t have mass murders because people don’t have access to the tools of war?
Mental illness is everywhere?
Just so you know, we Soldiers use knives, guns, rifles, clubs, hand to hand combat, during times of war. The tools of war, interesting, as many weapons are within a home too. Knives, baseball bats, archery, sling shot, swords, poisons, etc etc.
They are all tools. You can kill someone with your thumb.. You can kill someone via dual slap to the ears.
Killing is something the person doing is going to do regardless of the tool he/she finds. If they want to kill, they will.
So, using a semi auto to hunt (which has nothing to do at all with 2A) is stupid. Really. Would you rather us forge for food with a stick or rock.. Semi Autos make it easier for follow up if you missed the targets kill shot. There is a bit of humaneness is killing an animal for food quickly, vice having the animal run off and bleed out slow, or maim the animal. I guess if you know anything of hunting, which its obvious you don't, than you would understand the nice feature of semi auto.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:51 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
No one is coming for your guns take your meds.

These type threads put the lie that we are the "Home of the Brave".

If anything these guys sound like scared pre-k school girls and boys.

"Mommy, there is a monster in my closet and it's coming for me. I'm scared."

Pathetic bunch of wimps.

No wonder they need their guns for psychological support.
Perhaps lefties shouldn't be protecting illegal alien criminals in their "sanctuary" cities/states.

If illegal aliens can pick and choose which laws they will or will not obey with lefties' support, why shouldn't the rest of us have that exact same option?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies