Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 06:55 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,405,781 times

Advertisements

maybe the guy didnt get the chief job because he has the personality of an azz

Old 11-23-2017, 06:59 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,142,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
maybe the guy didnt get the chief job because he has the personality of an azz
Or maybe there was a slack jawed yokel acting as gatekeeper...

To a certain part of our society, the biggest threat is a professional black man... Guess who belongs to this group???

Old 11-23-2017, 07:45 PM

37,958 posts, read 17,902,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Or maybe there was a slack jawed yokel acting as gatekeeper...

To a certain part of our society, the biggest threat is a professional black man... Guess who belongs to this group???
The false race card players. That was an easy one.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The false race card players. That was an easy one.
LOL, this guy...

You know who I'm talking about..

Old 11-24-2017, 06:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,045,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I am correct, thank you. And for the exact meaning I was thinking of. Are you posts even about Capt. Derek Streeter? I don't have time to read through each of those links but especially if they're off topic...
Be honest. It's not that you don't have time, it's that you can't swerve off of your "All white people are racist and every time a black man doesn't get what they want it's due to racism" narrative even when shown prejudice goes both ways or that it's nepotism instead (which is rampant in govt jobs)

Many also fail to realize that by lowering testing and fitness standards to allow blacks or women to pass more easily is pandering in the highest degree AND blatantly telling everyone those people who the standards were lowered for are just naturally "less than" all others.

Were I in those groups I'd be insulted that some thing so little of me and my abilities...

Old 11-24-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Be honest. It's not that you don't have time, it's that you can't swerve off of your "All white people are racist and every time a black man doesn't get what they want it's due to racism" narrative even when shown prejudice goes both ways or that it's nepotism instead (which is rampant in govt jobs)

Many also fail to realize that by lowering testing and fitness standards to allow blacks or women to pass more easily is pandering in the highest degree AND blatantly telling everyone those people who the standards were lowered for are just naturally "less than" all others.

Were I in those groups I'd be insulted that some thing so little of me and my abilities...
Dude, you didn't say anything, you just posted a bunch of links. Articulate what you mean with words and I'll reply. I don't just reply I usually take people that are wrong to task... As for lowering standards, I'm not for that. You can't point out where I ever supported lowering standards...

Old 11-24-2017, 12:45 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,330,956 times
Quote:

Can we stop with the myth that standards are lowered for blacks, if anything it's the nepotism babies and the good ole boys that lower standards for themselves, seeing as how they wouldn't dare actually try to compete fairly with minorities. There's a reason these favorable jobs aren't listed but whispered from white person to white person. If whites are so much better than blacks and whites shouldn't need help, why all the covert job placement like what happened in the actual thread topic. Why not just fairly post the jobs so everyone can have a fair application process. See it's easy to just say these little white supremacist talking points about "lowered standards for blacks", knowing you will never have to prove that this exists. It probably makes you feel good believing no black person ever achieves anything with it being some kind of training wheels situation. Right?

Quote:

You're not, and nobody black thinks that. You're in the group with good ole boys and nepotism babies, you should be insulted that your elders and superiors don't think you can fairly attain a job over a black person.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Can we stop with the myth that standards are lowered for blacks, if anything it's the nepotism babies and the good ole boys that lower standards for themselves, seeing as how they wouldn't dare actually try to compete fairly with minorities. There's a reason these favorable jobs aren't listed but whispered from white person to white person. If whites are so much better than blacks and whites shouldn't need help, why all the covert job placement like what happened in the actual thread topic. Why not just fairly post the jobs so everyone can have a fair application process. See it's easy to just say these little white supremacist talking points about "lowered standards for blacks", knowing you will never have to prove that this exists. It probably makes you feel good believing no black person ever achieves anything with it being some kind of training wheels situation. Right?

You're not, and nobody black thinks that. You're in the group with good ole boys and nepotism babies, you should be insulted that your elders and superiors don't think you can fairly attain a job over a black person.
Poor baby. I really feel for you as it must be very hard going through life thinking there's a racist around every corner who's out to get you...

Old 11-26-2017, 09:43 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,330,956 times
Quote:
Poor baby. I really feel for you as it must be very hard going through life thinking there's a racist around every corner who's out to get you...
can't refute anything so start joking. Gotcha.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
can't refute anything so start joking. Gotcha.
If you bothered to just do a search you'd soon see there's plenty to refute what you say. Here's just a few...

Quote:
An Ohio city's decision to lower testing standards for police recruits to increase the number of black officers is being blasted by other public safety professionals, including Connecticut firefighters who were part of a successful reverse discrimination case before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Public Safety Workers Blast Ohio City's Decision to Lower Police Recruit Standard | Fox News

Quote:
Oakland City Councilwoman Desley Brooks wants the Oakland Police Department to lower written exam requirements in order to open the door to greater diversity among officers.Brooks is specifically pushing for more black officers in the Oakland PD.
Oakland Councilwoman Wants Police to Lower Written Test Standard for Recruits to Achieve More Officer Diversity - News - POLICE Magazine

Quote:
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.’s obsession with racial grievance-mongering could get Americans burnt to a
crisp in their own homes. That’s because his Justice Department is trying to force the Fire Department of New York (FDNY) to hire flunkies who got 70 percent wrong on a basic, fire-related multiple-choice, open-book test.
The exam was used to screen applicants to the fire academy. More than 90 percent of black and Hispanic test-takers passed, which isn’t enough for liberals addicted to affirmative action. At Justice’s urging, federal district Judge Nicholas G. Garaufis threw out FDNY’s test results - blocking admittance to all successful blacks and Hispanics - and ordered a complicated process to admit more minorities.

On Feb. 28, Thomas E. Perez, assistant attorney general for the Civil Rights Division, submitted a proposed order for damages for rejected applicants who scored 25 or higher on the 85-question exams. New York’s taxpayers would be forced to pay compensation to the flunkies to make up for years of seniority supposedly lost when the city chose not to hire them. Minority rejects also would receive seniority over firemen who had been working all the while.

Highlighting the unreasonableness of this scandal is how low the threshold was. On one exam, the first 11 questions - related to a picture of a fire scene - asked how many firefighters were on hand, the number of fire hydrants in view, what the street address was and what floor had a person standing in the window.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ouse-flunkies/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies