Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2017, 10:13 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trump, 'the negotiator' made another deal which will cost US taxpayers a lot of money, and we get absolutely nothing in return, except more anti-US sentiment around the world.
Yep. Another poor deal where we get nothing in return but grief.

I thought Trump was the dealmaker. That was his long suit. No?

Old 12-10-2017, 10:22 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Texas is 268,000 square miles, much of it sparsely inhabited.

Israel is 8,000 square miles.

We could buy up 8,000 square miles of Texas. Offer it up to Israelis to make their homeland. We could protect them. They would be safe in our midst.

It would be so much cheaper in the long-run and maybe short-term as well.

At $10,000/acre, https://heritagelandbank.com/announc...ice-land-texas it would cost $80,000,000, give or take.

As we just signed a $38,000,000,000 military aid deal with Israel, we could easily afford to buy up a huge chunk of Texas and offer it as a are safer homeland and still have money left over to build garden villas and plant fruit trees. We could even afford to dismantle holy shrines and reconstruct them over here.
Sure, it's all fun and games until we elect the next Hitler. Heck, it took only a single election to reverse decades of progress in human rights in this country. I would not rule out anything based on this last election. Besides, the Jews will never entrust anyone with their security ever again, nor should they.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:22 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
And if it were up to Israel, west Jerusalem would be all the land west of the Jordan river.

What point is their in making that argument? ... it's silly. We already know both parties would rather see the other disappear. The only hope for peace and stability is compromise based upon a mutual agreement between the two hostile parties.

No mutual compromise, no peace, it's that simple.
Exactly right, and as I have commented more than a few times before, neither side need like, accept or even stop hating one another in order for both to agree to a manner in which to live side-by-side, in peace. The hatred is deep-seeded and far too long in the making to expect those emotions to change. This too is another expectation the Zionists have insisted upon so as to avoid having to negotiate a peace they simply prefer not to negotiate, again for obvious reasons...

Old 12-10-2017, 10:29 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
“Compromise” has been tried for many decades between Israel and the Palestinians. We know that it doesn’t work.

It’s now time for America to put its foot down and support our ally which is the most democratic nation in the region.
Compromise is "an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions."

When compromise does not achieve the above stated result, the reason(s) need to be careful considered and/or reconsidered in terms of WHY it doesn't work. Not sure when it is time to put down the foot, but I suspect that's just as subjective a matter as well.

Or, perhaps you and I might compromise about who is right and/or wrong in this debate that has gone on for decades now without agreement, and if you don't agree with me, I'll put my foot down and declare how things will be.

That how compromise works as far as you are concerned?

Old 12-10-2017, 11:00 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
And if it were up to Israel, west Jerusalem would be all the land west of the Jordan river.

What point is their in making that argument? ... it's silly. We already know both parties would rather see the other disappear. The only hope for peace and stability is compromise based upon a mutual agreement between the two hostile parties.

No mutual compromise, no peace, it's that simple.
It's been in Israeli hands for 50 years and most Israelis wish to go no further than they've gone already.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:02 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

Problem is, however, Israel clearly wants to do little in the way of give after so long of take. Their best defense has been a good offense, also for a good long time now. This is the essential problem in the region seemingly forever now...
Israel has given a lot already. It returned the Sinai to Egypt to sign a peace deal with that country. It has also been attacked in a quite few wars as well several terrorism attacks since its establishment in 1948. It also gave withdrew completely from the Gaza Strip with no peace deal and we see how that turned out. So it is the Palestinian Arabs' turn to compromise after their constant attacks against the State of Israel.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:11 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
This thread is something like contending with mob mentality that won't be satisfied until another innocent victim is strung up from the highest tree, in the name of whatever it is that fuels their lust for more of what they want, right or wrong.

Maybe best I waste no more time and simply get out of the way, because contending with the likes tends to be depressing...
Sounds like a reasonable idea to me. Why don't you start a thread on the Egyptian Blockade of Gaza and the Mile wide buffer zone that Egypt has created to keep those "peaceful Palestinians" from entering Egypt.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:12 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
It also gave withdrew completely from the Gaza Strip with no peace deal and we see how that turned out.
Yes, the Arabs in turn immediately used Gaza as a launch pad for their rockets into Israel.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:08 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Sounds like a reasonable idea to me. Why don't you start a thread on the Egyptian Blockade of Gaza and the Mile wide buffer zone that Egypt has created to keep those "peaceful Palestinians" from entering Egypt.
In addition don't forget the moat used to flood the tunnels coming from Gaza. It's sort of odd that no one mentions Egypt bulldozing more and more homes in order to create a wider buffer zone with Gaza and not with Israel.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:13 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
In addition don't forget the moat used to flood the tunnels coming from Gaza. It's sort of odd that no one mentions Egypt bulldozing more and more homes in order to create a wider buffer zone with Gaza and not with Israel.
It's a little bit odd how Arabs like Egyptians don't want the Palestinians. You'd think they would bend over backwards to help their neighbors and fellow Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies