Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2017, 05:32 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
People on the left continue to forget that corporations are owned by people. Millions of people have invested in corporations. When corporations succeed, so do millions of stock holders.
99% of US have been hearing that same o lame o schtick for 3 or 4 decades:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 05:33 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Yup. Much of the copy/pasting comes down to this:

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****." - W C Fields
I cite research. Those who argue with me post only their "opinions." Guess which is more accurate and relevant?

Old 12-20-2017, 05:34 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,793,559 times
I find it rather interesting most Americans have yet to read the bill yet- possess the most rhetoric..

Unfortunate how we'll latch on a small segment of literature and attempt to debate said Micro-portion and completely disregard the remaining 90%.

Lastly, the division among the people must end. We're agreeing with one side of the coin solely because of our party. If the message isn't clear nor benefit the majority: I refuse to side (republican) merely because of affiliation- especially if I do not understand/ agree with the language.

Democrats vs Repubs ....I prefer people for people.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm not opposed to taxation. Just make it a flat tax rate. That eliminates the problem the economist noted in my post.
This is a disingenuous argument considering the proposed bill.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:35 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
99% of US have been hearing that same o lame o schtick for 3 or 4 decades:

You keep hearing it because it's true.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
I find it rather interesting most Americans have yet to read the bill yet- possess the most rhetoric..

Unfortunate how we'll latch on a small segment of literature and attempt to debate said Micro-portion and completely disregard the remaining 90%.

Lastly, the division among the people must end. We're agreeing with one side of the coin solely because of our party. If the message isn't clear nor benefit the majority: I refuse to side (republican) merely because of affiliation- especially if I do not understand/ agree with the language.

Democrats vs Repubs ....I prefer people for people.
I can agree with much here. Although it's worth noting lobbyists are the ones writing, & continuously amending the bill. Whose interests are they representing?

Old 12-20-2017, 05:39 AM

59,107 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So you want to bankrupt the country? These tax cuts are not paid for! Taxes will have to go up and since the tax cuts for the rich are permanent, that means the middle class will see big cuts in benefits and higher taxes. Military wont be slashed either.
"So you want to bankrupt the country? "

Funny, I don't recall you asking the same thing all through Obama's term when everything was going UP under him.

Why the concern NOW?

"These tax cuts are not paid for!"

The same old ignorant claim and "the world will end" hysteria.

The W. Bush tax cuts INCREASED revenues to the fed and set historical RECORDS of money taken in.

The deficit AND debt were going DOWN until the dems took control of the house and the housing bubble popped which Bush TRIED to get the dems to do something abut it and ole barney fife, (frank) REFUSED to do anything and claimed everything is OK."

" Military wont be slashed either"

Your showing ignorance again.

Defense IS in the Constitution.

Many things the gov't spends money on, is NOT.

The military HAS been slashed under Obama.

Just as carter did and Reagan had to rebuild.

Clinton" slashed' and W. Bush had to rebuild.

Obama" slashed and Trump will rebuild.

Do you see a pattern here?

Old 12-20-2017, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
But, wouldn’t that mean the more you make, the more you pay?
Yes, it would.

Example, with a 10% flat federal income tax rate:

A $50,000 earner pays $5,000

A $500,000 earner pays $50,000

The latter is still paying MUCH more than the latter, for the exact same access to federal government services/benefits.

I have NO idea WHY the left balks at higher income earners paying more than others. It makes NO sense whatsoever.

Quote:
I just wanted to get some clarification before people claim that such a system would mean the high earners would pay less than the low earners.

I know.... math, but some here believe math is witchcraft.

If you earn $1,000,000 and pay 10%, that is $100,000.

If you earn $30,000 and pay 10%, that is $3,000.

$100,000 is 33 Times greater than $3,000.
You get it. But just look at how that very basic and true mathematical concept escapes many math-challenged lefties.

Gotta laugh, but it's just like Obama infamously claiming that the cost of health insurance premiums would drop by 3,000%. The entire audience of dipsh*t Obamaphiles applauded, not realizing what Obama said was mathematically impossible. That's the left, and their base. /SMH

Old 12-20-2017, 05:42 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,067,889 times
Wrong. Veto proof first. Even if Dems win some seats from Reps, it will not be enough to overcome a guaranteed veto. Second, why would people vote against their economic interests? And, it is a quantifiable fact this bill benefits most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
it will last exactly one year.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
This is a disingenuous argument considering the proposed bill.
Of course it is. The bill doesn't propose a flat tax. It still proposes a disproportionately higher tax rate on some but not others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies