Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 01:48 PM

693 posts, read 357,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Yes, you heard that right.....teachers shouldn't be saying mickey mouse isn't real either.

Honestly, anything a teacher says that may go against someone's belief, will incur the wrath of the accuser, labeling them as "social engineers".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 01:51 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
Yes, you heard that right.....teachers shouldn't be saying mickey mouse isn't real either.

Honestly, anything a teacher says that may go against someone's belief, will incur the wrath of the accuser, labeling them as "social engineers".
Well, the purpose of saying that is what exactly?

Like you said, most children already knew santa isn't real.
So publicly announcing it is for what purpose exactly?

Purposely being obnoxious? deliberately offensive and makes others feel stupid?! LOL because that certainly sounds like the only explanation to me.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:52 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,645,195 times
Quote:
Ok, but again, at what age is ok? Who determines that age? Should a teacher NEVER mention that santa isn't real?
No one wants to address that question...where do we cross that line?

Answer that question, and this one as well.....if teachers telling children at a age that they typically do not believe in santa that santa isn't real is crossing the line, then are all tv shows, movies, commercials, etc that mention santa isn't real (at the age bracket they're aimed at) also crossing the line?
Why outrage aimed at a teacher, and not other outlets? (and let's be honest here, it was one parent expressing outrage).

The church I go to, the priest during mass has asked parents to donate gifts for the needy. In front of even younger children. Is that crossing the line?
I can’t give you an exact age, because all kids are different. My point is, why is a teacher discussing Santa Claus anyway? This should be left up to the parents to have that discussion.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
A lot of times, it is not about what you say, it is HOW and WHERE you say it and the purpose behind it. It looks like she just decided to announce it, "Santa isn't real, deal with it" without any feedback, explanation, follow up. It is a bit, odd. What is her purpose of announcing Santa isn't real out of the blue?

Actually, no one knows "how" she announced it. The article doesn't mention how she said, nor in what context. We don't know why she said it. Was she asked? Was the class talking about it and many kids saying they didn't believe and she agreed? Did she just blurt it out because she had an agenda?

I'm seeing a lot of claims of the teacher saying "santa isn't real, deal with it".....when they have absolutely zero knowledge as to what was said in the class.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:55 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,267,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I can’t give you an exact age, because all kids are different. My point is, why is a teacher discussing Santa Claus anyway? This should be left up to the parents to have that discussion.
It was brought up because of the Elf in the Shelf the regular teacher had in the room. The teacher stated the truth. Why do people have a problem with a teacher speaking the truth?

Old 12-21-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Well, the purpose of saying that is what exactly?

Like you said, most children already knew santa isn't real.
So publicly announcing it is for what purpose exactly?

Purposely being obnoxious? deliberately offensive and makes others feel stupid?! LOL because that certainly sounds like the only explanation to me.

Look at my previous post....you have ZERO knowledge to the context of how it was revealed. Was she asked? Did she just blurt it out? There is zero information as to "how" it was divulged. All I'm seeing here are people making assumptions as to the "how" and the "why" she said it.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Look at my previous post....you have ZERO knowledge to the context of how it was revealed. Was she asked? Did she just blurt it out? There is zero information as to "how" it was divulged. All I'm seeing here are people making assumptions as to the "how" and the "why" she said it.
According to the article

The teacher allegedly told the students Santa isn't real after they showed her their class "Elf on the Shelf."

To me, she crossed the line.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Because it's the week before christmas, and students are talking about it. If a teacher is asked "are tooth fairies real", at an age that children typically don't believe in tooth fairies, I would think it silly to expect the teacher to say "I have nothing to say on that, ask your parents".

Old 12-21-2017, 02:01 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
According to the article

The teacher allegedly told the students Santa isn't real after they showed her their class "Elf on the Shelf."

To me, she crossed the line.
Who is the "Elf on the Shelf" and what does that have to do with the war on Christmas?

Old 12-21-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Who is the "Elf on the Shelf" and what does that have to do with the war on Christmas?
It has nothing to do with the war on Christmas, this topic has nothing to do with Christmas.

It has everything to do with boundary. That is all.

Like I said, don't make it a religion issue, has nothing to do with it.

Are we going off topic again now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies