Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2018, 11:02 AM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Poor little babies, honestly I don't know how some of you make it through a day.
If they did not have something to hate on, who knows how they'd end up ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 11:07 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,484,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
While this is true it's not the kids fault and I think I'm with most Americans who believe the U.S. is all they know and they should remain. BUT!!! we need to treat the cause of the issue first. Before they are given citizenship, strengthen our stronger laws and border to prevent running into the same problem in the future. It's really just common sense.
And, not allowing their illegal parents to become citizens through them. Or, the continued chain migration, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:41 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Trump is the very embodiment of racism, hate, and violence.
I want Trump redundant as much as the next guy, but this kind of categorical hyperbole and scapegoating is simplistic and unhelpful at best.

When writ as a national ethos, it has a historical record of escalating to something very, very bad.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:50 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We don't know that she was intentionally run over.

We don't even know that she was hit by that car.

We don't know anything about the young man driving the car.

But we do know that the protesters attacked his car.

The Charlottesville protest had some white separatists like David Duke and Richard Spencer, not white supremacists, and many of the protesters had a legitimate grievance about Confederate statues being removed.

I doubt that a majority of the country thinks that those statues should be removed.

So the protest had validity in its own right.

And it would have been peaceful if it were not for the actions of the authorities.

The conditions that led to violence were deliberately engineered by the Charlottesville police, city council, and mayor, and by the governor of Virginia.

All of them liberal or left wing.
You know this is untrue (i.e. a lie), so why write it?

Old 01-01-2018, 02:19 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Such a statement doesn't apply to all Latinos. Just as there many Latinos that voted for Trump, there are many who voted against him.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:24 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Also, Latino can be a both a race (if counting the natives there) and ethnicity. Also, from many census surveys and ethnic classifications, Latinos are occasionally considered White. So, Trump's name being deemed a racist term is dependent on who you ask.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:26 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're not an American aka a U.S. citizen unless you hold citizenship in our country. It matters not what you think or feel and it makes a mockery out of our citizenship referring to non-citizens that way especially if they are here illegally.

Not our fault that people don't follow the legal path to get here whether they had knowledge of it or not. They need to blame those who brought them here illegally and not expect us to bend our immigration laws for them. I don't how she was able to obtain a valid SS number back in the 60's. There had to be a lie involved back then on someone's part.
Back then they didn’t require birth certificates I guess. And perhaps her adoptive parents did lie, but it wasn’t her fault. She’s been here most of her life, a lot longer than many people on this forum. I consider her an American more than a citizen of Mexico.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:27 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Such a statement doesn't apply to all Latinos. Just as there many Latinos that voted for Trump, there are many who voted against him.
Correct. The chanters do not know (or care) who their targets voted for, just like they don't know / care who is legal or illegal. They chant at them because they are latino.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-01-2018 at 02:44 PM..

Old 01-01-2018, 02:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump is the President and Commander in Chief and top law enforcer. He ran on bringing law and order back to our nation after years of obama having people under him look the other way when it came to illegal aliens. Sadly many illegal aliens have come from Mexico, Central and South America so that makes them Latino.

The chant of Trump Trump Trump is not so much racist but it is used as a reminder that if you over stayed your visa or snuck into the country you are in fact breaking the law and you should be worried that you might be arrested and sent back.

It is not racism it is enforcing existing laws that we have in place for a reason.
Okay, well come down here and shout that at our local Hispanic population.

Old 01-01-2018, 03:28 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Back then they didn’t require birth certificates I guess. And perhaps her adoptive parents did lie, but it wasn’t her fault. She’s been here most of her life, a lot longer than many people on this forum. I consider her an American more than a citizen of Mexico.

Again, it doesn't matter one iota what you think. Only our citizenship laws do. It doesn't matter if it wasn't her fault that she was brought here illegally. When she reached 18 1/2 she was responsible for her own status in this country. Just because she managed to evade the law for decades doesn't change that and she is just deportable as someone who just crossed the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies