Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2018, 01:46 PM

16,644 posts, read 8,649,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Visa overstays don't flee, What does that mean? We don't have any record of where they can be found, all they have is the address where they said they will be staying on arrival. Southern border entries are 10% of what they were 10 years ago and visa overstays are up, the Government won't release numbers for unlawful arrivals via ports of entry. Think about it.
My goodness, are you being obtuse or what. Just because something might be down today, it can up again like it was.
More importantly, I am going to bottom line this for you.

Anyone, you included would prefer to go on a journey and walk right into a place, rather than to face any impediments. So if I want to bring my family or even go alone, I'd pick the easiest way. I would not want to have to bring tools, a ladder, tunneling equipment etc., on top of food and water, nor would I want to hike over mountainous terrain to avoid impediments.
So a wall acts not only as a deterrent, but will flat out stop some, and it also slows everyone down, even the agile & determined.
Just as Hillary has a wall around her house, it is not meant to stop everyone, but deter some, and give her security detail more time to deal with any trespass.
The wall in turn will give our agents more time to get to the location and catch them.
As the BP agents if they think a wall would help in their fight to keep illegal aliens out, and they will tell you the same thing.
Now what don't you get about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 01:46 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,873,331 times
The more I think about it, the more I doubt the accuracy of this accusation that Spec Ops couldn't get over a 30 ft. wall, though they tried valiantly for three weeks.

A Vietnamese SWAT team did it less than 5 minutes using a wooden pole.

Has anyone checked with this Florida 7th group to see if the story is accurate or not?

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-20-2018 at 03:11 PM..

Old 01-20-2018, 02:59 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,374,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Simple solution: Until we get the immigration problems worked out, stop issuing visas to Mexican nationals. Then, start enforcing current immigration laws. Once the current crop is cleared up, issue a drastically limited number of visas to Mexican nationals and continue enforcing the laws.
Very few of the visa overstayers are Mexican. And there are a vast set of Mexicans who routinely cross back and forth over the border and who have done so for years. And it is reasonably well known that many of the people engaged in border business, both legal and illegal, are dual citizens who come and go sad they please.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:08 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,374,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
My goodness, are you being obtuse or what. Just because something might be down today, it can up again like it was.

Anyone, you included would prefer to go on a journey and walk right into a place, rather than to face any impediments. So if I want to bring my family or even go alone, I'd pick the easiest way. I would not want to have to bring tools, a ladder, tunneling equipment etc., on top of food and water, nor would I want to hike over mountainous terrain to avoid impediments.
So a wall acts not only as a deterrent, but will flat out stop some, and it also slows everyone down, even the agile & determined.
Just as Hillary has a wall around her house, it is not meant to stop everyone, but deter some, and give her security detail more time to deal with any trespass.
The wall in turn will give our agents more time to get to the location and catch them.
As the BP agents if they think a wall would help in their fight to keep illegal aliens out, and they will tell you the same thing.
Walls properly used can be a perfectly reasonable thing. A suitable wall along the border in San Diego makes reasonable sense.
Political walls built for the purpose of showing disdain for our neighbors to the south make no sense. The attemp to make a large and domineering wall would appear to be of the political wall type. In fact the most successful wall would be a much more subdued multiple wall with significant spacing and roads between them. And if proposed in suitable locations they would likely not be controversial.

it is a show wall that is dumb.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:09 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,229,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Considering how short people south of the border are, it would be even harder for them. I just wish there were videos posted of these tests. I will email the White House to suggest it. If you agree, do it, too. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

US Commandos Unable To Scale Border Wall | The Daily Caller
BS, Our troops are better then this.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:31 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,338,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

CBP agents don't even think that this 'wonderful wall' is the answer

Retiring Border Chief Calls Trump's Wall a Waste of Time, Money - ABC News

https://gizmodo.com/us-border-patrol...-an-1773661854

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...wall-wont-work

Old 01-20-2018, 03:37 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,628,177 times
It IS a waste of time and money. Only Confederate flag-waving troglodytes want that thing installed.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:45 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,606,055 times
Not sure why Leftists think Trump ONLY wants the wall built. It's one part of a multi-part program to combat illegal immigration, most of which have been mentioned in this threat.

Trump wants to tackle legal immigration as well since high tech and highly skilled jobs are being given to foreigners in and out of the US. Americans have had to train their own replacements which shows there is no lack of qualified workers here. Older workers are also being forced out. Companies don't want to pay. I think there is something in the Raise Act which says companies have to pay foreigners the same as Americans, which removes one incentive.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:52 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,229,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Not sure why Leftists think Trump ONLY wants the wall built. It's one part of a multi-part program to combat illegal immigration, most of which have been mentioned in this threat.

Trump wants to tackle legal immigration as well since high tech and highly skilled jobs are being given to foreigners in and out of the US. Americans have had to train their own replacements which shows there is no lack of qualified workers here. Older workers are also being forced out. Companies don't want to pay. I think there is something in the Raise Act which says companies have to pay foreigners the same as Americans, which removes one incentive.
And yet Trump uses those same legal immigration laws to staff his resorts. More of Trump saying do as I say not as I do.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:08 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,606,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet Trump uses those same legal immigration laws to staff his resorts. More of Trump saying do as I say not as I do.
Maybe because immigration laws were never enforced before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies