Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 10:42 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,099,283 times

Advertisements

confirms my suspicion that Drumpf wields little actual power within the Whitehouse and that his football likely contains nothing more than those paddle board toys just to distract him in a real emergency.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 12:22 PM

12,976 posts, read 9,679,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Trump attempted to fire Mueller June 2017 but blocked by McGahn

The usual desperate liberals' Fake News, supported by zero facts, zero references, zero named sources.

You people still haven't realized that it's lies like this disguised as "news", that have resulted in the media's losing any influence they once had over the nation's affairs, have you?
So, is Fox news desperate also, didn't you see the Sean Hannity tape.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:33 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,476,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
.... didn't you see the Sean Hannity tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tE6rmE8gY

Old 01-26-2018, 12:42 PM

12,976 posts, read 9,679,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
I know, changing the topic to a car chase was hilarious.

Old 01-26-2018, 01:19 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,806,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Seriously, I don’t see what the big deal this is. I would be seriously shocked if Trump didn’t “try” to fire Muller.

Now what is “try”? He thought about it? He asked around? He ordered his people to do it?

I have no clue and I don’t care either.

Neither do you and neither should you because at end of the day, he didn’t fire Muller.
Just because my client walked into the bank with a gun hidden in his bag, and a note to give me all your money, doesn't make him guilty of attempted robbery. The facts are simple. My client didn't rob the bank so the evidence and intent is not relevant.

Is that what you mean?

Well I for one think you are not correct. Intent does matter and attempts to exercise power do matter.

This is an attempt that has just been confirmed to America by both left and right sources from within the WH. Yes we may have suspected it.

This is news.

Further, Trump just made it even bigger news by his denial if sources his own propaganda tool trusts.

Old 01-26-2018, 01:27 PM

Silence from

Waldo-Kitty
Bentbow
Michiganmoon

Oh wait, didn't bentbow just start a new thread about Trump being a sexy man?

Old 01-26-2018, 01:42 PM

There is a new twist to this story.

The man who wrote the regulations that must be followed regarding a special prosecutor has has chimed in:

"“The regulations say that if he is going to interfere with a special counsel, it must be reported to Congress,” Katyal wrote. “Which means Thursday’s report reveals cause for optimism about the regulations. Because Trump couldn’t subtly undermine Mueller or order his underlings to do that without it being reported to Congress, he had to resort to the bazooka. And while he does have the raw legal power to use the bazooka, it is atrocious judgment.”
Katyal noted Trump and his administration’s numerous denials that the president has considered firing special counsel Mueller. “Someone’s pants (actually many pants) are on fire,” he wrote."

I don't recall McGahn reporting to Congress back in June 2017 that Trump attempted to interfere with the SP.

Source: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/dev...tacks-mueller/

Old 01-26-2018, 01:43 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
Got-a-love that Hannity thought process, if he did fire Mueller it wouldn't be obstruction. He would have been the single voice clearing Nixon after the Saturday night massacre.

Old 01-26-2018, 01:45 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,395,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/2....html?referer=

After receiving the president’s order to fire Mr. Mueller, the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, refused to ask the Justice Department to dismiss the special counsel, saying he would quit instead,
Scandalous!

I'm so following this like it's the biggest news on the playground.

Old 01-26-2018, 01:47 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,741,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
In the digital age, Mueller's 10 months of investigation along with Comey's year is equivalent to over 5 years of investigation in Nixon's time. It's looking like collusion was fake news but they're still going for obstruction.

I'm not sure how you obstruct something that didn't happen but maybe Mueller can explain
Care to explain your math there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies