Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 09:28 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,176,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
California teacher slams military members as 'lowest of the low' in classroom rant caught on video

California school teacher and elected city politician’s words in class. We’ve heard similar sentiments from liberals like John Kerry and Stephen King. Never in this open and graphic manner.
Pico Rivera teacher's remarks about military spark backlash
The teacher is a bigoted ignoramus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 09:30 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,735,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloot View Post
I don't understand the military worship. And if we're being honest, most people who join the military, excluding following 9/11 when there was a surge of patriotism, do so because they don't have any other options. The military is, at the end of the day, a job. Not a great one, but military recruiters target certain communities over others. They target places where people don't graduate High School in great numbers. Where business is on the decline and unemployment is up. Where people are desperate for a job, and suddenly there's the military, offering a job. All you have to do is be given a gun and told where to stand, and people take that job. Let's stop worshiping these people like they are above scrutiny.

I don't necessarily think they are the "lowest of the low", but they are not amazing people simply for having signed up for the best job they could find.
What's the matter? Couldn't pass the ASVAB????

Old 01-29-2018, 09:32 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,050,629 times
As the mother of 3 sons and 2 grandsons who have been in the Army, I’m very offended to hear this. I can normally shake off anything coming out of California, considering how warped they are in many ways, but this comment hurts.

I can’t tell you how many smart, brave military men I’ve met in the course of many years. All of them could be doing any number of other things, besides defending the freedom of scum bags like that teacher.

I really hope my son and grandsons get out of the Army as soon as possible. I don’t want them risking their lives for people who don’t deserve it.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:34 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,142,200 times
I read the complete story on line. This same teacher was suspended a few years ago for racist rants. He should not be In a classroom.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:41 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Its California! What'd y'all expect? I bet he doesn't even get a slap on the wrist, rather a monument to him outside his classroom. What a tasteless scumbag. He should be sent to the front lines, asap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
LOL
And where exactly are his nethers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The guy is actually quite the bigot with this mess you have highlighted. Where is the outrage about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The teacher is a bigoted ignoramus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
What's the matter? Couldn't pass the ASVAB????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I read the complete story on line. This same teacher was suspended a few years ago for racist rants. He should not be In a classroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
As the mother of 3 sons and 2 grandsons who have been in the Army, I’m very offended to hear this. I can normally shake off anything coming out of California, considering how warped they are in many ways, but this comment hurts.

I can’t tell you how many smart, brave military men I’ve met in the course of many years. All of them could be doing any number of other things, besides defending the freedom of scum bags like that teacher.

I really hope my son and grandsons get out of the Army as soon as possible. I don’t want them risking their lives for people who don’t deserve it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Did you learn the difference between their and there in college or high school? You might want a refresher.

^^^^^^^ Rep for all!

Old 01-29-2018, 09:42 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,231,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
California teacher slams military members as 'lowest of the low' in classroom rant caught on video

California school teacher and elected city politician’s words in class. We’ve heard similar sentiments from liberals like John Kerry and Stephen King. Never in this open and graphic manner.
Pico Rivera teacher's remarks about military spark backlash
Yes, that teacher should be fired. But you're attacking combat veteran John Kerry who spoke out against the war in Vietnam, not other soldiers?

Let me guess, you have no problem with draft dodger Donald Trump who claimed that going to military school was the equivalent of military service, and that avoiding sexually transmitted disease while he slept around was his version of serving in Vietnam.

None of that excuses the stupidity of the man in the linked article, but it does compound that stupidity with a ridiculous knee-jerk attack on liberals which has absolutely nothing to do with this story.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:46 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,071,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yes, that teacher should be fired. But you're attacking combat veteran John Kerry who spoke out against the war in Vietnam, not other soldiers?

Let me guess, you have no problem with draft dodger Donald Trump who claimed that going to military school was the equivalent of military service, and that avoiding sexually transmitted disease while he slept around was his version of serving in Vietnam.

None of that excuses the stupidity of the man in the linked article, but it does compound that stupidity with a ridiculous knee-jerk attack on liberals which has absolutely nothing to do with this story.

Combat veteran John Kerry? You mean Swift Boat John Kerry?

Old 01-29-2018, 10:00 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,142,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Combat veteran John Kerry? You mean Swift Boat John Kerry?
I am not a Kerry fan, but that was proven to be false.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:10 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,505,679 times
Non-contestable facts:

Military service is an honourable undertaking.
All military branches are comprised of the same cross section of population spectrum from low to high intellect.
Reasons for joining military are as varied as they would be for any other occupation, including that of teaching.

This teacher does not hold the patent on stupidity; he merely enjoys the usage rights.

No one will endorse his method of making his point.
No one will respect him for making that point to those with no experience to enable challenge.

His students will now be stimulated to question other opinions he's expressed in the past. That may prove his undoing and very healthy for the class.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:38 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,290,653 times
I think the veneration given to the military is an overkill. America is not being invaded.

I submit that only during the Japanese attack on pearl harbor that America was actually under attack by a belligerent state. all the wars that followed were just in defense of allies or democracy. 911 was just terrorism, plain and simple

in fact there was even an article written by an officer that he doesn't want to be called a combat veteran because even though he served, his life was never in danger. very few were actually engaged in combat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies