Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 10:44 AM

39,244 posts, read 27,645,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
I think the veneration given to the military is an overkill. America is not being invaded.

I submit that only during the Japanese attack on pearl harbor that America was actually under attack by a belligerent state. all the wars that followed were just in defense of allies or democracy. 911 was just terrorism, plain and simple

in fact there was even an article written by an officer that he doesn't want to be called a combat veteran because even though he served, his life was never in danger. very few were actually engaged in combat.
well, maybe he wasn't a combat veteran. At least he is honest.

I lost five friends in battlefield, hard not to call them "combat" Marines? How did they die then? sheesh

When somebody are shooting at ya, you shoot back. Very simple concept.

Like I told all my friends before their deployment, "do whatever it takes to stay alive. I want you to come back alive." I can really care less what they do over there. I just want them to live. If that makes me a heartless person, so be it!

One can NEVER (NEVER) get over the pain of losing somebody you love. I will never have mad love towards those who killed my friends!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 10:48 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,578,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Then why do you have idiotic, liberal, progressive views? You can't honestly think that crap works.
The same reason you have idiotic conservative views out there. Alex Jones or Anne Coulter ring a bell?

Old 01-29-2018, 10:51 AM

and this so called teacher is domestic enemy. It is somebody like him produced a generation of cowards who protest in front of VA hospital.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:53 AM

17,633 posts, read 17,723,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yes, that teacher should be fired. But you're attacking combat veteran John Kerry who spoke out against the war in Vietnam, not other soldiers?

Let me guess, you have no problem with draft dodger Donald Trump who claimed that going to military school was the equivalent of military service, and that avoiding sexually transmitted disease while he slept around was his version of serving in Vietnam.

None of that excuses the stupidity of the man in the linked article, but it does compound that stupidity with a ridiculous knee-jerk attack on liberals which has absolutely nothing to do with this story.
Uproar over Kerry Iraq remarks - politics | NBC News

Quote from the above article

The war of words, tough even for this hard-fought campaign season, came after Kerry told a group of California students on Monday that those unable to navigate the country’s education system “get stuck in Iraq.”

Old 01-29-2018, 10:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,627,534 times
I can somewhat understand this...if a govt has become tyrannical, it would not exactly be patriotic anymore to defend and fight for that country/govt, in the same way american citizens are not to obey or be subservient to a tyrannical govt. The 'more patriotic' thing to do would be to throw off such govt and install new guards for the countries future.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:58 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,291,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, maybe he wasn't a combat veteran. At least he is honest.

I lost five friends in battlefield, hard not to call them "combat" Marines? How did they die then? sheesh

When somebody are shooting at ya, you shoot back. Very simple concept.

I think his point was, there are those who serve who are actually in the front lines and engaged in actual combat and the others who support the troops whose lives are never in danger.

and that's the distinction he wants emphasized. serving in a base in Germany is just a different service than assigned in a detachment in a remote area in Afhganistan

Old 01-29-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
I think his point was, there are those who serve who are actually in the front lines and engaged in actual combat and the others who support the troops whose lives are never in danger.

and that's the distinction he wants emphasized. serving in a base in Germany is just a different service than assigned in a detachment in a remote area in Afhganistan
That is why I believe the military should be lean and mean. Now, they want illegals and mentally ill to serve in the Army.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:02 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,240,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Uproar over Kerry Iraq remarks - politics | NBC News

Quote from the above article

The war of words, tough even for this hard-fought campaign season, came after Kerry told a group of California students on Monday that those unable to navigate the country’s education system “get stuck in Iraq.”
And per your own link that you are trying to use to prove some point, Kerry said it was an attack on Bush and his foreign policy, not on individual soldiers.

But I notice no denial of your support for Donald "avoiding STDs was my Vietnam" Trump

Old 01-29-2018, 11:04 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,508,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"We've got a bunch of dumb [expletive] over there," Salcido says in the recording. "Think about the people who you know who are over there – your freaking stupid Uncle Louie or whatever – they're dumb [expletive]. They're not like high-level thinkers, they're not academic people, they're not intellectual people; they're the freaking lowest of our low."

hahahahahahaha

Oh my God, I cannot stop laughing.

This person is a teacher? He sounds like an idiot.

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

- Charles Bukowsky
meanwhile todays military is the highest educated ever

the percentage of military members with higher education is HIGHER than in the civilian sector

Old 01-29-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
meanwhile todays military is the highest educated ever

the percentage of military members with higher education is HIGHER than in the civilian sector
Yep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies