Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2018, 05:45 AM

19,873 posts, read 22,777,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
They should do a show about how the group that fielded the bulk of soldiers for the Union Army and the US army in WWII, the heartland Germans, are now held to be ever-potential evil nazis and co-responsible for slavery.

Guilt which is cranked up to 11 if they mention anything about meaningful immigration controls.

That would be honest of the the "History"...cough... Channel.
What history book or historical outlet are you basing that 'claim' on? I'm a fan of Civil War history, grew up near and immersed myself in the major battlefield parks, etc..

That's not something I have ever read/heard before? The German immigrants may have been the largest ethnic group in the Union, but I seriously doubt the were the 'single largest' period. My hunch would be England, Wales etc..

I don't even think the German / American population was much over 15 maybe 20% of the total US pop around the time the Civil War broke out.

Last edited by Threerun; 01-31-2018 at 06:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 05:58 AM

17,021 posts, read 12,629,400 times
Streaming man. Streaming. You want the dryest British history lesson on WW2. (I do). Stream it.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:59 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,082,642 times
Yes the whole world is anti-conservative...it's a struggle -- just own it and move on.

So tired of the whining.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
So I have them added on FB. The consistently are spewing liberal propaganda 24/7 . I did some research and noticed that they are owned by A&E and then A&E is owned by DISNEY.

What happened to the History Channel? I remember watching WWII history documentaries . Documentaries about guns and actual History....
I was watching WW-II documentaries on History Channel (Military Channel). I have never seen any politics there, which is why I like to watch them. Them, and National Geo. Actually it was re-named again to AHC Channel (American Heroes Channel). At one point it was called Discovery Wings Channel.

Old 01-31-2018, 06:13 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,350,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I was watching WW-II documentaries on History Channel (Military Channel). I have never seen any politics there, which is why I like to watch them. Them, and National Geo. Actually it was re-named again to AHC Channel (American Heroes Channel). At one point it was called Discovery Wings Channel.
You are obviously too far to the left you need to look more closely, the science channels, NPR, weather channel are all left wing propaganda.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:32 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,004,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Hey, just keep your TV set tuned to Fox News, in order to hide from liberals.
I don't even watch fox news but at least fox reports on the "news"..... turned on CNN today and they were still talking about Russia....

Thats all they talk about. Im surprised their heads haven't exploded yet with all the repetitive propaganda.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I used to subscribe to what is known as The Gator, which is the only classic rock station in the area. Shortly after Trump won the election, they too started to post liberal nonsense and anti Trump crap. When I finally realized they began posting way more politics than on rock music or upcoming concerts, it was my que to unsubscribe.
Many great channels and stations have been invaded and taken over by liberal arts graduates. All we can do to fight back , is cut the cord.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Perhaps you should stop looking for things to be offended by. Maybe it's you. Sure reads like it.
Im not offended. I will stand up against the indoctrination of America's television stations though.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are obviously too far to the left you need to look more closely, the science channels, NPR, weather channel are all left wing propaganda.
I see. I watched few hour documentary of Auschwitz on it. I suppose that is just a left wing conspiracy (according to alt-right). Never happened, right? And the weather news are just a conspiracy too. Sunny skies every day, even when its pouring.

Everything is a conspiracy to the die-hard alt-right.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:42 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,744,234 times
You're not going to make me stop watching Vikings no matter how hard you try
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies