Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2018, 06:51 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaemily View Post
Well if he goes any farther with wanting to take away our guns without due process he will lose the only people who support him still. This was the last straw, I know some very hardcore conservatives who are very upset. He will back peddle when they poll his base and it shows everyone's upset.
And this is my problem. Trump is not a Conservative he is an opportunist. Why not rally the base to get someone who is a real Conservative in the WH instead of wasting everyone's time. This object in the oval office is an embarrassment on so many levels. He is literally like bird sh#$ just all over the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 06:53 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Well if he goes any farther with wanting to take away our guns without due process he will lose the only people who support him still. This was the last straw, I know some very hardcore conservatives who are very upset. He will back peddle when they poll his base and it shows everyone's upset.
That's funny. He's behaving exactly as all the Liberals here predicted he would and nobody listened.

Trump's biggest probalem is he speaks and has absolutely no idea what he's saying. He isn't educated enough to know how the government works. THAT is why he was not a better choice than Hillary.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:00 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Bah! I don’t believe a word that comes out of that Cheeto. I’ve seen this show before with immigration.

Donald Trump doesn’t know what the heck he’s doing. He CANNOT take your guns and give you due process later.

The president is NUTS and he is a BS artist. Nobody knows what he’s going to say in a couple of days.

This joke of a president is no longer funny. He needs to go.
That dismissal of due process is a favorite trope of his.
Remember, he would have had the Central Park Five executed, DNA evidence be damned.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Oh, please! Obviously, a CNN viewer.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:03 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Oh, so you think gun owners are the only people that still support the President? Think again.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:06 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
TDS much? Just can't seem to give credit where credit is due. That's really sad...
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No- as an Independent I know what will happen. Some of the ranking Republicans and Fox and Friends will whisper in his ear that the NRA provided in excess of $30MM to his campaign, and their support is vital for the party, yadda-yadda, and Trump will slowly walk back this stance.

Just like he did with DACA.

He's a creature of expediency and lives the moment. He's politically stupid.
Anyone who thinks that this isn’t exactly what will happen hasn’t been paying attention.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:07 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
........Trump's biggest probalem is he speaks and has absolutely no idea what he's saying. He isn't educated enough to know how the government works. THAT is why he was not a better choice than Hillary.
Actually, it is.

It's exactly the reason why he is a better choice than Clinton or Pence.

They are all bad news for some group of people. The thing is with Clinton or Pence, they know exactly what they are doing and how to do it without being stopped by red tape.

He doesn't and there is plenty of red tape for him.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:08 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Democrat gun owners only deceive themselves when they think nobody's going to take their guns, the anti-gun crowd's goal is to remove the 2nd Amendment from our constitution one step at a time under the pretense of "making everyone safer", and the majority of whom are Democrats, they may not admit it, but I'll quote a Democrat from 1993, AG Janet Reno:
"Waiting periods are only a step.
Registration is only a step.
The prohibition of private firearms IS THE GOAL."
And here is the slippery slope... I knew it was coming.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:15 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
We all saw the news regarding Dicks Sporting Goods not selling the AR anymore. I think its good.

But one thing my ultra right winged father-in-law always fires back on is the guns at Dicks isn't the problem. Rather its the guns on the underground market (pawn shops, Uncle Bob's trunk of his car, etc). Lets say for a second no civilian can purchase a gun at Dicks or other sporting good store. How do we eradicate the secondary market of "bad guys" getting the AR guns? I think it's possible to do this but will be a challenge. Guns is not a problem in Australia, for example. How did they get rid of guns on the secondary market?
They really haven't.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...llegal-weapons

The largest number were surrendered in New South Wales — 24,831, while Queensland handed in 16,375; Victoria 9,175 and South Australia 2,825, with Tasmania, Western Australia and the Northern Territory accounting for the rest, officials said according to 9 News.

Last year's amnesty was meant to absorb some of the country's estimated 260,000 illegal guns in circulation – although the figure could be much higher, officials say.

In 2016, Chris Dawson, the head of the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission, said that outlaw biker gangs and Middle Eastern crime groups were thought to be responsible for illegal gun trafficking, according to The Age newspaper

Old 03-01-2018, 07:16 AM

764 posts, read 235,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And here is the slippery slope... I knew it was coming.
And yet it is true for many if not most who espouse gun control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies