Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 01:27 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So in red right there, thats not you bringing the NRA into the conversation?
Nope. I was picking up on something someone said earlier in the thread, or else I'd have had no need to mention the NRA.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:28 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Oh, you know him? You know his motives and his state of mind? Tell us more. I know plenty of teachers from my past and present who would never be considered "good" people. Ones profession does not make them "good" or "bad" for that matter.
And yet, the argument that Trump is making right now is to arm all teachers. No one is even considering that there could be a whole host of "bad" teachers who have no business being armed in a classroom. The argument doesn't even touch on that. It is simply, MORE GUNS!! MORE GUNS!!!

But as you point out, it's an asinine "solution."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 01:29 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nope. I was picking up on something someone said earlier in the thread, or else I'd have had no need to mention the NRA.
Got it, you quoted me in response to someone else.

3,997 posts, read 4,140,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Now , will I be the first one to ask, what language was that first screen shot in the article ? If that was how the students interpret the English language the school might need to be evaluated.
I can't see the screenshot you're speaking about? But I was in Dalton not long ago... Just a guess, but there is a huge Hispanic population in Dalton. 66% of the students at Dalton are Hispanic. So my guess, if it was a foreign language it was Hispanic.

29,444 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Nobody's stupid enough to think a sign is a protection. It is simply a stated notice.

Most schools have armed resource officers. Parkland had 4 of them.

Which is more than a good many schools throughout the country.

Arming teachers is a terrible idea.

As a requirement , I agree. If they are a current CPL holder, I see no problem with giving them the choice.

36,856 posts, read 17,353,176 times
Quote:
If you needed to get into a classroom or what have you, and your teacher had you locked out and was behaving strangely, who would you tell?
Nobody.

I'd chill in the hallway and anyone who threatened to see what was going on would get told to slow their roll.

No class > class

Old 02-28-2018, 01:31 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
If you needed to get into a classroom or what have you, and your teacher had you locked out and was behaving strangely, who would you tell?
There is no mention of his behavior. It says "students tried to get into Randal Davidson’s classroom and he would not let them in"

That's it. And then the principal shows up.

The story is lacking information. How do they know the alleged gunshot came from that room? It does not say he had a gun on his person. It does not say he fired a weapon. It says principal heard a gunshot. Maybe he heard a car backfire and thought it was a gunshot.

Go back and read the article. It has zero info as to what happened. It's pathetic reporting and no conclusions can be drawn from it.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:31 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And yet, the argument that Trump is making right now is to arm all teachers. No one is even considering that there could be a whole host of "bad" teachers who have no business being armed in a classroom. The argument doesn't even touch on that. It is simply, MORE GUNS!! MORE GUNS!!!

Don't put words in my mouth, thats not my opinion, its yours.

My opinion is that in all walks of society and in all professions there are good and bad people. If your excuse is that there might be some bad people in an organization, then that applies to cops too and that makes it an asinine solution to let them protect us.

There are plenty of ways to screen teachers, train them, and make every effort to reduce the risk of mis-behavior. No solution is without some risk, its about how we mitigate the risk.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:32 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Please link to a story where Trump says all teachers in the USA must carry a gun in the classroom.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:32 PM

29,444 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I can't see the screenshot you're speaking about? But I was in Dalton not long ago... Just a guess, but there is a huge Hispanic population in Dalton. 66% of the students at Dalton are Hispanic. So my guess, if it was a foreign language it was Hispanic.

From the screen shot :

"Y'all it's a threat and I'm finna cry ! Everybody running and cryinggg. He in the building bruh"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies