Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2018, 10:58 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times

Advertisements

You know what really p-ssed me off within the last week or so? When the "media" would say "whites were victims, therefore it WASN'T a 'hate crime'" - in the process of not really even realizing what they were saying/implying was that "if whites are blown to **** by a bomb, it's not a hate crime, because you can not hate white people.

The type of stuff that really makes my blood curdle! I can't stand "media" and their duplicitous dishonesty and seething hatred of European-Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 11:01 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
Yeah all we can hope is that it doesn’t happen in our city.

I wonder how a 24 year old could build those deadly bombs? From what I have read it’s not that easy. Maybe we are missing some information. How did he acquired the materials? Who did he live with? Where did he test his bombs while learning to build them?
The suspect's family's home has been checked for explosives and cleared - nothing was found. The family is being very cooperative.

However, the area around his own home, about 3/4 of a mile away, is being evacuated, implying that explosives have been found, and there are unconfirmed reports on local TV (KXAN is streaming the coverage right now) that a second person was handcuffed and taken into custody at the suspect's home. There have been mentions of a roommate or roommates...not sure that has been confirmed, but surely any roommates would be questioned very thoroughly.

The evacuation area covers a distance of four to six blocks around the suspect's home. That implies that something major has been found or is suspected to be within this suspect's house or on his property.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:03 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Without a doubt. Yes.

No, probably not. At least, they wouldn't lead with it.

I see where you're going with this, Elan, and I agree with you. Both networks are biased. Fox would go out of their way if this bomber was Muslim, they always do. I've also noticed that Fox News will always post links to petty crimes of minorities. For example, just yesterday Fox's home page had a link to a story about two black women who threw a fit in McDonalds becasue their order was wrong. And purposely posted a picture at the top of the article of the two black women. Fox News absolutely does that on purpose.

CNN goes out of their way everytime a violent crime is committed by a white person, as if to say "look, it's not always blacks and Hispanics who commit murder." CNN also has an entire quadrant of their homepage dedicated to bashing POTUS Trump, and will run any story they come across that paints the president in a negative light.

It's just the biased news world we live in today. If you like CNN or MSNBC but think they aren't biased, you're being willfully ignorant. If you like Fox News or Brietbart but think they aren't biased, you're being willfully ignorant. Period.

Personally, I prefer Fox News. But I'm not a lemming and I know how to separate facts being reported from the political lean.
Oh hell, I accidently backspaced into the quote box and therefore it wasn't highlighted. Now it looks like my words, but they weren't and I can't fix it. Oh well.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:05 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
White and Christian.

So does this make him a white, Christian terrorist? Why or why not?

https://twitter.com/CaptEricKaufman/...96781268680704
Depends on the motive. If he did it in the name of Christianity and some effort to do something like set up a Christian state, then yes. If religion had nothing to do with it, then no.

He is not even a terrorist at this point, there is no motive, and a motive of ideological influence would be needed to establish this an act of terrorism.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:07 AM

267 posts, read 122,169 times
I’m reading another article that says he drop the package in San Antonio. Someone here said it was dropped in Austin. I guess fake news are all over the place.

It just made no sense that a package from Austin to Austin would get sent to San Antonio.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:10 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Depends on the motive. If he did it in the name of Christianity and some effort to do something like set up a Christian state, then yes. If religion had nothing to do with it, then no.

He is not even a terrorist at this point, there is no motive, and a motive of ideological influence would be needed to establish this an act of terrorism.

It's pretty pathetic when someone needs to spell out the obvious. You have more patience than I do.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:11 AM

267 posts, read 122,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
The suspect's family's home has been checked for explosives and cleared - nothing was found. The family is being very cooperative.

However, the area around his own home, about 3/4 of a mile away, is being evacuated, implying that explosives have been found, and there are unconfirmed reports on local TV (KXAN is streaming the coverage right now) that a second person was handcuffed and taken into custody at the suspect's home. There have been mentions of a roommate or roommates...not sure that has been confirmed, but surely any roommates would be questioned very thoroughly.

The evacuation area covers a distance of four to six blocks around the suspect's home. That implies that something major has been found or is suspected to be within this suspect's house or on his property.
Thanks for the info

Yes I read he lived with 2 roommates. Maybe it will end up being only one roommate. The probably found the home full of explosive material.sometimes two crazies find each other.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:11 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

Let me get this strait....a guy terrorizes a city.....and that does not make him a terrorist?

Old 03-21-2018, 11:12 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,458,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Racha View Post
I’m reading another article that says he drop the package in San Antonio. Someone here said it was dropped in Austin. I guess fake news are all over the place.

It just made no sense that a package from Austin to Austin would get sent to San Antonio.
I recently, while ill, ordered my dog food online from the pet store that's basically down the street. Fed Ex picked up the box, routed it to their sorting station in RENO, NV then delivered it back to me. I think that's routine for FedEx--everything gets routed to a sorting station, even if the delivery address is down the street.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:16 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Let me get this strait....a guy terrorizes a city.....and that does not make him a terrorist?
Are you saying even with the Internet in front of you, you cannot look up the definition of a terrorists?

If terrorizing an area was all that is needed, then every serial killer would be a terrorist, so would ever gang, some of which have been terrorizing areas for decades, so would people involved in drug violence, serial rapists, armed robbery, etc, etc. Crime in itself is terrifying.

The key point in it being "terrorism" is an ideological motive behind the act. Other than that, it is just simple violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies