Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 06:43 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,444,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I know you all are gleeful over this, but this isn't all on POTUS. He didn't write the bill, and had he vetoed it, it likely would have been overridden. I blame Congress 100%.

And don't tell me "Trump is the leader of the party." McConnell and Ryan are sleazy little weasels and always have been.
Remember when Trump promised never to golf once if elected?

Guess what he's doing now in maralago?

Old 03-23-2018, 06:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Do want to BTSTTFG? Because I want to BTSTTFG.

p.s. Some joker named "odanny" just tried to tell me I'm not really a libertarian, that I voted for Trump, and that "my party" is responsible for getting us into Iraq. I gave him a quick beatdown by linking to my posts from 2013.
Of course I want the State to collapse.

I'm the first non-white Nazi to have ever lived.

Makes sense.

Remember when the SJWs called Ben Shapiro, a devout Jew, a Nazi?

Whatever the Left started smoking in the 60s hasn't worn off yet.

Back on topic...

Quote:
Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, which calls itself the nation’s key nonpartisan policy forum for tackling global issues through independent research and policy dialogue will get $12 million
Tillerson and DeVos are on the board of this "think tank".

My god, I'm choking on swamp gases!!!!!

Old 03-23-2018, 07:09 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Of course I want the State to collapse.

I'm the first non-white Nazi to have ever lived.

Makes sense.

Remember when the SJWs called Ben Shapiro, a devout Jew, a Nazi?

Whatever the Left started smoking in the 60s hasn't worn off yet.

Back on topic...

Tillerson and DeVos are on the board of this "think tank".

My god, I'm choking on swamp gases!!!!!

Are you serious? Wilson? Holy crap!

The original neocon. Mr. Federal Reserve himself.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:44 PM

346 posts, read 464,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
Can you give some examples of Republicans getting whipped by NPR?
Don't hold your breath.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:48 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,617 times
Quote:
I know you all are gleeful over this, but this isn't all on POTUS. He didn't write the bill, and had he vetoed it, it likely would have been overridden. I blame Congress 100%.
No, it wouldn't have been vetoed. Definitely not until next week or longer when they could recall all of Congress.

Trump has no spine. Most people have realized that by now. He is a used car salesman with a slightly better suit.

Old 03-23-2018, 07:54 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Wow
...who would have think a guy who spent 5 decades conning people would continue to do so!
Shocking, isn't it?

Some people still believe this fool is a "small-government," "non-interventionist," "conservative."

Look, I get not wanting to vote for Hillary, and voting for Trump instead. I really do.

How do you explain voting for Trump over Rand Paul in the primary?

Old 03-23-2018, 08:00 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
Can you give some examples of Republicans getting whipped by NPR?

Getting exposed to the truth by NPR or PBS, is the equivalent of getting whipped, for the Republicans. I visited the PBS website just now, to see if they had any comment on this money they were granted in the legislation. I shouldn't have been surprised to find no reference to it, except what might have been contained in their regular news programs, about the spending bill. But I watched their show tonight and heard nothing about what they had gotten. I then realized that they would want to keep a low profile about this federal money, because it might reduce the amount their supporters would contribute. Maintaining an image of being poor and on the verge of shutdown, has been their policy, ever since the Republicans started putting the financial squeeze on them, decades ago.

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 03-23-2018 at 08:13 PM..

Old 03-23-2018, 08:15 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architech100 View Post

Trump wanted to eliminate the Corporation for National and Community Service, which runs AmeriCorps, Vista, and other volunteer programs. It’s gonna get $1 billion
The Corporation for National and Community Service is a federal agency that helps millions of Americans. The agency supports education, helps communities rebuild after natural disasters, helps veterans and military families, supports independent living for seniors, helps families gain access to health care, ex.ex.

https://www.nationalservice.gov/about

Quote:
300 million for the national endowment of the arts

Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, which calls itself the nation’s key nonpartisan policy forum for tackling global issues through independent research and policy dialogue will get $12 million
The spending bill gives the Department of Defense $700 billion dollars.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/22/defe...-military.html

China spends about $200 billion a year on the military.
Russia spends less than $100 billion a year on the military.

America spends more on the military than Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, India, France, United Kingdom, Japan and Germany combined. Does America have to spend $700 billion dollars a year on the military to remain safe?
https://www.pgpf.org/chart-archive/0...nse-comparison
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_expenditures

In 2017 Obama put forth a military budget of $523.9 billion dollars.
In 2018 Trump put forth a military budget of $639 billion dollars.
(Trump increased military spending by $116 billion dollars.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita..._United_States

And in 2019 Trump plans to increase military spending to $716 billion dollars (a $193 billion dollar spending increase from Obama's 2017 levels.)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.cf6ddea34951

In a conversation about spending should one focus on $1 billion dollars spent to help education and senior citizens, or should one focus on a $116 billion dollar increase in military spending?

Old 03-23-2018, 08:19 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,494,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
No, it wouldn't have been vetoed. Definitely not until next week or longer when they could recall all of Congress.

Trump has no spine. Most people have realized that by now. He is a used car salesman with a slightly better suit.
A suit made in China, no doubt!

Old 03-23-2018, 08:27 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:

And don't tell me "Trump is the leader of the party." McConnell and Ryan are sleazy little weasels and always have been.
He still signed it, regardless. If he had a spine he would've vetoed it and taken his chances. Democrats will never support him; now his base is abandoning him. If he had vetoed it his base would have eaten it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies