Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 11:06 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,102,741 times

Advertisements

"Ryan went to WH to explain bill to him on Wednesday."

Love this image! I wonder if Ryan used a pop-up book as a teaching aid.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:09 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
"Ryan went to WH to explain bill to him on Wednesday."

Love this image! I wonder if Ryan used a pop-up book as a teaching aid.
Using very short words. With snack breaks every five minutes so as not to exceed the limit of his attention span.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:28 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
If you don’t like paying for the grid, you can “opt out” by living off the grid. No one is forcing you to be part of civilization.
Even if you live off the grid, you still have a percentage of your income taken from you by force.

p.s. You don't need a government to have civilization; the Irish Celts did it for 2,000 years.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Rand Paul finished in 5 th place in the Iowa Caucus and dropped out the next day.

Ted Cruz finished in first place, followed by Trump, Rubio and Carson.
It's because Republican voters are idiots, which also explains why they didn't nominate his dad.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What’s with the “ stealing” jargon?

16th Amendment gave Federal Government the right to tax your income more than 100 years ago.

The US is not a Democracy.

Don’t like how your Congress and POTUS spend your money? Vote them out.
Governments don't have rights--only people do.

Voting changes nothing. It's the State that's the problem.

Taxation is armed robbery. I never signed consented to having my money taken from me. "Consent of the governed." The State uses violence to take my money; if I refuse to pay they send men with automatic weapons to arrest me. If I resist I am killed.

Here's a great summation:

https://mises.org/library/taxation-robbery

Old 03-24-2018, 11:52 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,907,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Governments don't have rights--only people do.

Voting changes nothing. It's the State that's the problem.

Taxation is armed robbery. I never signed consented to having my money taken from me. "Consent of the governed." The State uses violence to take my money; if I refuse to pay they send men with automatic weapons to arrest me. If I resist I am killed.

Here's a great summation:

https://mises.org/library/taxation-robbery
You didn't have to sign up...it's in the US Constitution.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:53 AM

1,316 posts, read 748,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Getting exposed to the truth by NPR or PBS, is the equivalent of getting whipped, for the Republicans. I visited the PBS website just now, to see if they had any comment on this money they were granted in the legislation. I shouldn't have been surprised to find no reference to it, except what might have been contained in their regular news programs, about the spending bill. But I watched their show tonight and heard nothing about what they had gotten. I then realized that they would want to keep a low profile about this federal money, because it might reduce the amount their supporters would contribute. Maintaining an image of being poor and on the verge of shutdown, has been their policy, ever since the Republicans started putting the financial squeeze on them, decades ago.

FYI, you won't find anything on the PBS website because they don't get direct funding from this bill. The Corporation for Public Broadcasting does, and they grant money to individual stations and program production. So if your community has a public radio station, they likely receive money from the CPB. This money is likely used to help buy programming from NPR, PRI, public radio exchanges, or other stations producing programming. Same with public television. And while even at small stations, listener/viewer contributions make up the largest portion of funding, CPB grants make it possible to stay on the air. I know that without it, our station couldn't get national programming. Or even state programming, for that matter. We are the hub for the Emergency Broadcast System in our area, too, and send the signal out to other stations. Couldn't do that if we didn't have up-to-date equipment. It's expensive to run a TV/FM station, nearly impossible without public funding.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:03 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States.
This makes stealing legal. That is why they wrote it.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post

The Constitution is invalid, as it was written by men. Natural law is inherent over man-made law.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This makes stealing legal. That is why they wrote it.
Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies