Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 06:34 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Don't hand me that B.S. Not all sales at gun shows are sold to people who get background checks. Heck, even selling a handgun at auctions aren't always done by the rules. I know this because I sold a couple of hand guns at an auction and had a firsthand view of how the auctioneer skirted around the fact that I couldn't prove ownership or registration.
Selling guns to prohibited people, or not following existing law is ALREADY ILLEGAL. I am a former FFL holder, so have been to a lot of guns shows. All sales, and purchases were done with a Form 4473, and a NICS, or PICS background check. Again, educate yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 06:34 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Anyone with a brain can see these marches are being funded by progressive billionaires/millionaires and Hollywood bubblegum chewers. These kids are being manipulated to complete the "transformation" Obama started.

This is a really sad day for Constitutionalists and Constructionists. The Marxists are accomplishing what they could not in the 30s.

Adults amazed that the left are allowing children to dictate the rules. THAT is how ignorant they are of what is actually happening.
Wow, the fear mongering is unbelievable. In case you didn't, notice there were not only children at those marches today. And they'll keep going hopefully. And how was any of this going against the Constitution? I didn't see anyone abolishing any of the amendments. Get a grip.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:35 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,122,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
No one else finds it funny that one of the kids yelling the loudest for gun control is suddenly freaking out because the students are being asked to carry see-through backpacks, and he thinks that goes against his first amendment rights? Anyone?

Just shows you that these kids really don't have a complete picture.
Government school indoctrination. It took me years to completely erase it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Selling guns to prohibited people, or not following existing law is ALREADY ILLEGAL. I am a former FFL holder, so have been to a lot of guns shows. All sales, and purchases were done with a Form 4473, and a NICS, or PICS background check. Again, educate yourself.
Evidently, more needs to be done.

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
No one else finds it funny that one of the kids yelling the loudest for gun control is suddenly freaking out because the students are being asked to carry see-through backpacks, and he thinks that goes against his first amendment rights? Anyone?

Just shows you that these kids really don't have a complete picture.
Ha!

I didn't see that one.

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Sorry, I obviously don't live somewhere as dangerous as the other poster who needs an AR-15 for protection.

If I needed that much protection against rapists and murderers, I would be moving elsewhere.
that much???... its a SMALL caliper weapon

so I guess you think my 44mag REVOLVER (dirty harry weapon) is overkill

is my butcher knife overkill too??

or how about my Louisville slugger.... can bash a dozen brains into mush in just a few minutes

Old 03-24-2018, 06:36 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
What are you going to do if someone, with a gun breaks into your house? Or if someone, with a gun robs you and demand that you give them your money or other valuables?
What a pitiful, cramped, terrified life you must live.

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Home invasions, burglaries, multiple attackers. Criminals that want to do me, and my family harm either for $$$, or the fun of it. Often when a home invasion occurs it is by multiple, armed MEN with felony records who really don't care if they have to kill you to take your stuff.
Most home burglaries happen while no one is home, how is an AR-15 going to protect your empty house?

2,985 posts, read 1,751,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
What are you going to do if someone, with a gun breaks into your house? Or if someone, with a gun robs you and demand that you give them your money or other valuables?
She will ask incredulously... “did you not see the march Saturday?!?!” “Don’t you know that folks with guns are going to have to give them up soon?” “Even you, you silly criminal who probably stole that gun anyway!” “Now turn over that weapon you old so-and-so and scamper along on your way!”

Old 03-24-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
These kids are being played and they're too naive to realize it. Maybe we should try to reach out and educate them, we're certainly not giving them any benefit of adult experience in how the world works. They are too sheltered and coddled and if they're this clueless this generation will fall right into the hands of those who will take advantage of them politically and economically.
This "the kids are being played" is getting a little redundant. They have a lot of adult support. Amazing, the soothsayers out there who can see the future of these kids, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies