Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 05:35 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,942,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You and I both know why AR-15 is defined as weapon of war by ... well... some people.

Come on now.

Exactly the same reason why illegal immigrants are now undocumented. lol
Bull butter

Old 03-26-2018, 05:39 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Bull butter
That is not a counter argument. Shrug.

Sounds like you are getting a bit emotional. Maybe you need a break.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:44 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,289 times
Quote:
You still don't need to call AR15 weapon of war. lol
Its the civililian designation for a weapon designed by Eugene Stoner specifically for our military. This is what his kids had to say on his behave:

Our father, Eugene Stoner, designed the AR-15 and subsequent M-16 as a military weapon to give our soldiers an advantage over the AK-47,

After many conversations with him, we feel his intent was that he designed it as a military rifle," his family said, explaining that Stoner was "focused on making the most efficient and superior rifle possible for the military.

He died long before any mass shootings occurred. But, we do think he would have been horrified and sickened as anyone, if not more by these events

Its to be noted that Eugene Stoner never personally owned an AR-15, he also never once used it for hunting or personal defense. The inventor of the AR-15 / M-16 specifically intended it to be a weapon of war and openly said its a weapon of war. Hopefully this puts this discussion to rest.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ks-out-n593356

Old 03-26-2018, 05:45 PM

20,114 posts, read 9,028,155 times
leave Hogg alone, he's just some dumb kid thinking he's making a difference, don't spoil his fantasy

29,505 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
David Hogg is no "alpha" anything. He is a limp-wristed drama club emo.
And apparently wasn't even there at the time of the attack, not sure if this is new news or not.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/march-f...f-into-action/

46,312 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I'm in that camp. I think training, education and certification is a great way to help, not just for access but for the sport as well.
How do you enforce training and education on the masses who don't care?

Quote:
I hunt- I have to take a really good Hunter Education course to get a lisc.
I also had to take a class, back in 1989, to hunt on Ft. Stewart.....now I'm exempt from ever taking a course again.

Quote:
I have a CCW- I had to get fingerprinted, have an extensive background check and re-do this every 4 years.
I also have a CCP, never got fingerprinted, had a back ground check. But from now on, as I'm retired military, I'll have a concealed permit for the rest of my life, and never have to reapply for it.

Quote:
Personally I don't think every swinging d*ck should have access to a firearm. With rights come responsibilities, and there are a lot of current protesters that feel that way.

What about those with a Vagina? Yes, rights comes with responsibility, it's pretty clear criminals don't care.....

Old 03-26-2018, 05:47 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Its the civililian designation for a weapon designed by Eugene Stoner specifically for our military. This is what his kids had to say on his behave:

Our father, Eugene Stoner, designed the AR-15 and subsequent M-16 as a military weapon to give our soldiers an advantage over the AK-47,

After many conversations with him, we feel his intent was that he designed it as a military rifle," his family said, explaining that Stoner was "focused on making the most efficient and superior rifle possible for the military.

He died long before any mass shootings occurred. But, we do think he would have been horrified and sickened as anyone, if not more by these events

Its to be noted that Eugene Stoner never personally owned an AR-15, he also never once used it for hunting or personal defense. The inventor of the AR-15 / M-16 specifically intended it to be a weapon of war and openly said its a weapon of war. Hopefully this puts this discussion to rest.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ks-out-n593356
No, this will not put this discussion to rest because it is not a weapon of war.

We don't need to talk about it if you don't want to. I have asked a question, if this is weapon of war, please let me know which military branch is using it as their service rifle. It is a very simple question.

Auto - semi-auto, military vs civilian.

AR-15 is not a weapon of war. but if you still want to ban it, go ahead. But they are what they are. They are not weapon of war.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:49 PM

20,114 posts, read 9,028,155 times
you have to qualify with the weapon every year if you want to carry it.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:52 PM

29,505 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Any gun is a weapon of war.
Logic would dictate, that for something to be labeled "weapon of war", they should be used in them. When the military was still using 1911 handguns, they then would fit that description. A pre ban AK, SKS, or M1 Garand could be considered one.
An AR is not.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:53 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,289 times
Quote:
No, this will not put this discussion to rest because it is not a weapon of war.

We don't need to talk about it if you don't want to. I have asked a question, if this is weapon of war, please let me know which military branch is using it as their service rifle. It is a very simple question.

Auto - semi-auto, military vs civilian.

AR-15 is not a weapon of war. but if you still want to ban it, go ahead. But they are what they are. They are not weapon of war.
Its shares 98% parts compatibility with an M4. The only difference between the 2 rifles is the selector switch. Its inventor even said he intended it for the military. Makes sense, why would you need access to 30 rounds of 5.56mm in any civilian scenario?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies